TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Christian's Re-debut in WWE has occurred!

Since he was absent this week...I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being Tommy/Boogeyman vs. Miz/Morrison.

Unless they wanna bring someone else in/back for Tommy.

And I didn't mind the remix theme of "Close your Eyes" either.

It wouldn't be a long term gig, so my plan would be to bring in an old school ECWer for a quick run.

Why are there no Smackdown spoilers yet?

Because it's probably being taped right now?

Damn, that was the best hour of ECW I've seen so far since its been on Sci-Fi. I just figured it was going to be another ok but uneventful show as it's been lately, and that Christian return really caught me off guard. The match itself was pretty f'n good too, Christian was working his ass off and came off looking like a million bucks by the end of it. This was also the best Swagger match I have seen so far. I wouldn't be shocked to see them throw Christian into the match on Sunday in some capacity, unless this ends up being a short term thing and he heads to Smackdown to get stuff started with the whole Edge/Hardys thing. He definately needs to stay a face, and if he keeps working hard like that (which he started to really do in TNA more than ever) I think he's going to get really over quick.

Otherwise, the rest of the show was damn good....another pretty out of the blue debut with TJ Wilson, he came off looking impressive in the squash, and even Miz/Dreamer was entertaining enough. Wish it was this good every week.

I was flipping back and forth between Road to Redemption and this once my friend texted me sayin Christian returned and heres what I gathered:

Caught the end of TJ Wilson vs jobber, and TJ Wilson looked promising, can't wait to see whats coming up, and saw the beginning of Christian and Jack Swagger, and if the whole match stayed at the same pace, I have to say it must have been a treat. I will be gettin back into the ECW swing of things in the coming weeks

So, Christian goes from a main event fued with Jeff Hardy to ECW?

I think this will probably be short term just to debut him and get the crowds behind him a bit before he heads over to Smackdown. For all we know, Christian might show up on Friday as well and even stay there. ECW is back to being taped with Smackdown instead of Raw, so it's possible he just jumps in between shows for awhile as well.

Where is Christian and Tomko???

Tomko had a dark match and appeared to be out of shape. Christian? Who knows. I wonder if the WWE is waiting til after WrestleMania to redebut him.

This is beautiful.

Yeah that Christian comeback on ECW tonight was truly surprising. I'm still trying to figure out why he's on ECW or if he's just on there for a bit and will show up on SD as well. He can't only be on ECW, it makes no sense. His match with Swagger was quite good though, so maybe he can work with these young guys and get them over.

where is a jr when you need him?

Instead of "BAH GAWD, it's Christian! OMG! What is he going to do here?" we got "It's...It's Christian" in a snore-tone and not a bit of emotion. Strikers punchline was kinda cool though. If Grisham got that by headphones from Vince that he should act confused I still think it's a bad idea to sell a return the way he did.

Yeah that Christian comeback on ECW tonight was truly surprising. I'm still trying to figure out why he's on ECW or if he's just on there for a bit and will show up on SD as well. He can't only be on ECW, it makes no sense. His match with Swagger was quite good though, so maybe he can work with these young guys and get them over.

I'm thinking they just switched the roles Matt Hardy and Christian were "expected" to have.

This works better though. Swagger needs more veterans to feud with and Christian was doomed to job to Orton or Cena on RAW or become Jeff's surprising new friend or Edge's lackey on SD. And it leaves Matt and Jeff alone so we can get Matt/Jeff at WM.

Christian would be lost in the shuffle on the other two shows. This gives people a reason to tune in to ECW, allows him to gain some steam again rolling into the year, and around draft time he'll have been used enough to warrant a switch to another brand. I like his Just close your Eyes Remix, it's quite good. And yess, Grisham sucked at selling that. Even King sells it better. WHAT? ITS CHRISTIAN! Or Wait a minute, BAH GAWD ITS CHRISTIAN, KING, CHRISTIAN'S BACK!, so much more oomph than It's Christian. Striker did well to try and rescue it, This moment was made Instantly Classic. Beautiful jibe to TNA Striker.

I just got done watching ECW... and I am not sure quite to think. It was a really good show. I don't know what to think stems from a few things. Christian coming to ECW solidifies that a larger majority of my favorites are on ECW. My favorite wrestler is Christian, so now on ECW I get Christian, it's the home brand of Miz/Morrison and Evan Bourne (even though these guys get to show up on whichever shows they want) and Striker is my favorite announcer. I guess, like others are saying, it is a toss up of this re-debut just feeling... underwhelming. It was one of those things, when Christian left TNA, there really was no where for him to go there but down. He had reached the top of the mountain and probably was going to get lost in the shuffle in whichever stable he was put with in their current major storyline. While I agree there was no place for him to go immediately on RAW or Smackdown and as excited as I was to see him tonight, it just didn't sit right with me. Maybe its because I'm partial but randomly showing up on the ECW before a PPV doesn't seem like the return of someone they are serious about pushing. I mean, with this being his big return, there was no reason he couldn't have been a surprise entrant in the Rumble and then, when Matt Hardy jumped to Smackdown, it was okay because Teddy Long got a major free agent acquisition and voila, throw Christian directly into the role he went tonight. Makes his debut a little bigger, gives ECW a rub and a little more publicity and explains why Teddy just let Matt walk, as opposed to Christian's been on the sidelines for years and decided to come for the (at best) 3rd belt in the company. I'm going to give the WWE benefit of the doubt because they have been attempting to keep fresher these days than the dark periods of a few years ago, but I get a little down personally when it is my favorite involved.

Is it just me, or does Teddy Long seem grossly incapable of communicating with his superstars? I mean, he signs Christian and books him against his brand's champion, and the champion doesn't find out about this until 30 minutes before the match?

Unless they pull out a "Christian's contract was offered up in exchange for Matt Hardy because Vickie thought Teddy had no shot of convincing Christian to honor that contract, thereby giving her Matt Hardy for free" I'm going to be very continuity-disappointed.

The opening segment was just AWESOME. What a shocking return done perfectly...right down to the camera being focused on the tron so you could see Christian's video start before his music hit.

It looks like they have posed video of him in HD in his tron...I wonder when they shot that and why no one mentioned it when he came to the video shoot?

His new music sounds like Hawthorne Heights did it.

Matt Striker had one of the best announcer lines I have heard in ages later that night: "This is one of those moments where you call your friends up because you KNOW they're watching...and you enjoy it together!" In that one line, Striker showed me how is still a fan of this business who understands what it feels like to mark the fuck out. That's something I really admire about him; unlike all other announcers on the WWE roster, he can still connect with the feeling of being a wrestling fan and can speak their language instead of talking down to them.

And poor Jack Swagger. First the belt unsnapped and fell off his waist, then Christian mocks his lisp, then he nearly trips on his way up the ring steps before his match. (Watch again and it looks like he's looking at a fan to his left and he stubs his toe on a step, so he catches himself by leaning on the ringpost to regain his balance.)

When was Christian ever in a main event feud with Jeff Hardy?

I went to the show earlier tonight and holy shit was ECW great! Smackdown was pretty good as well, however I can't post the spoilers because I can't remember everything. Sorry, Here are some thoughts and things on ECW thought.

- Dark Match: Jamie Noble beat Cima

- Christian's return: HOLY SHIT IT WAS AWESOME TO SEE!!! Seriously, I didn't see that coming at all and when I heard the music hit and I turned around (I was sitting on the side of the ramp so my back was to the tron) just to see Christian's name on the screen, I popped like a mother fucker. That shit was great.

- The jobber who lost to TJ Wilson: If anyone is wondering who that is, that was Bao Nguyen. Who used to wrestle under the name of Bonzai Bruce Bukkaue but now wrestles as Bao Nguyen. He's a wrestler who was trained out of Sacramento at SPW however moved on and started working with Harley Race at his promotion. He also has or does wrestle with ROH. It's one or the other.

ECW was really good tonight, I'm so glad I got to see it live.

When was Christian ever in a main event feud with Jeff Hardy?

I think Gogo is just assuming that Christian was behind the Jeff Hardy attacks, like many thought, and already had the two of the planted as the Wrestlemania main event, even though there was never anything that showed that Christian was the one behind it. It was only speculation on everyone's part since it was announced that Christian was coming back to WWE, and that just happened to be the time when Jeff was attacked.

Natalya really needs to keep the push up bra.

she looked hot tonight

That's because she was off TV for several weeks and WWE could make her get work done. Seriously, when has she ever showed a midriff?

As for Christian, not surprised that he's on the C show. WWE got him to hurt TNA, period. They have no intention of giving any kind of push beyond the midcard.

Speaking of moves done to hurt TNA, where is Gail Kim?

Christian on ECW isn't that bad. Especially since the whole roster split isn't as restricted as it was three years ago. It's a good re-introduction, we'll see how it goes.

Wow Christian is back...I guess I have to start watching ECW again does make some sense tho Teddy Long and Christian always had a great repor with Teddy Long. Move over Swagger (who not especially fond of anyway) Christian wants the belt. ;)

Welcome home Chrisitian :P

From that video it looks like there's about 5 people in the crowd who remember him... I don't think that's a bad thing against Christian, but shows the lack of TNA's coverage.

Sorry, I'm glad he's back and all.. but slotting him on the pathetic C-Brand with, what is it, five active wrestlers on the roster? Gimmie a break.

Sorry, I'm glad he's back and all.. but slotting him on the pathetic C-Brand with, what is it, five active wrestlers on the roster? Gimmie a break.

While I've been a big critic of the ridiculously small ECW roster, I look forward to see Christian fight/feud with Finlay, Miz/Morrison, Bourne and even television matches with Henry, Gabriel and Burchill. IN the very least that could take him to the mid-summer draft.

Just 5 people in the crowd remember him? Are we watching the same video? Looks like he got a respectable pop and pretty good crowd reaction to me. He and Swagger had a pretty decent match last night as well. I'm glad to see the guy back.