TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Christian's Re-debut in WWE has occurred!

It looks like they have posed video of him in HD in his tron...I wonder when they shot that and why no one mentioned it when he came to the video shoot?

The video is the studio shots they shot of him back in 2005 of him in the rain. It's the same one TNA ripped off for their 2008 hd studio shots. These are old studio shots that werent used because he left right as they were debuting them. The first person to use the rain studio shots was eddie guererro, then they were used for survivor series 2005. Christian left right before eddie died. Watch the titantron when Christian is walking down the ramp on his debut when striker says "I'm speechless", U can see the rain studio shots of him.

- Dark Match: Jamie Noble beat Cima

The same one from Dragon Gate?

Yes

Just 5 people in the crowd remember him? Are we watching the same video? Looks like he got a respectable pop and pretty good crowd reaction to me. He and Swagger had a pretty decent match last night as well. I'm glad to see the guy back.

To be also fair, the arena wasn't filled up yet either. There was still a lot of empty chairs as people were still filing in. The arena really didn't fill up till the Smackdown taping started.

Yes

No surprise since the last time he wrestled in DG was this past December after his neck injury.

Scroby, other reports have Paul Burchill doing a bit where he goes into a tirade (wwe playing off the Christian Bale meltdown vid) during a commercial break. Did it look like they were trying out a(nother) new character for Burchill, or just something to pass the time.

Yes

CIMA!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Anywho, I don't have cable, so I watched the link Obi Chris dropped... Man, Swagger managed to lisp on the word Threat, that's awesomewrong.

Scroby, other reports have Paul Burchill doing a bit where he goes into a tirade (wwe playing off the Christian Bale meltdown vid) during a commercial break. Did it look like they were trying out a(nother) new character for Burchill, or just something to pass the time.

I must have missed that. But then again, I don't think I got up and left anytime during the ECW show.

Just 5 people in the crowd remember him? Are we watching the same video? Looks like he got a respectable pop and pretty good crowd reaction to me. He and Swagger had a pretty decent match last night as well. I'm glad to see the guy back.

To be also fair, the arena wasn't filled up yet either. There was still a lot of empty chairs as people were still filing in. The arena really didn't fill up till the Smackdown taping started.

Even so, I don't think it was a bad reaction at all. People need to remember, Christian was a career midcarder, with the ocassional push beyond and he's been gone for years. If he'd come back involved with Edge and The Hardys, maybe he'd have got a huge pop. If he came back at somewhere like the Garden, maybe he'd have got a huge pop. Considering he came out on his own to confront Jack Swagger I'd say that was a decent reaction.

I'm kinda surprised they brought him back on ECW like most people. Don't neccessarily think it's a bad move long-term. But using his comeback and any potential reaction for his return on Jack Swagger!? Suffering succotash!

I must have missed that. But then again, I don't think I got up and left anytime during the ECW show.

I can't fins where I read this. God, I hope I didn't dream this - a commercial break ECW segment, let alone one involving Burchill.

Ten reasons why Christian being in ECW is a good thing:

1) He'd be lost in the shuffle on Raw.

2) He'd be overshadowed by Edge on Smackdown.

3) Jericho's return was a dud and he left the WWE far more popular than Christian did.

4) ECW is an awesome show and needs star power.

5) Christian probably needs some developmental work to get used to being in a four-sided ring again.

6) ECW guys show up on whichever RAW or SD whenever they want.

7) Christian vs. Morrison.

8) We'll get Christian vs. Swagger at WM25, which is better than seeing Christian in Money In The Bank.

9) The draft is in a couple months anyway.

10) Christian is EXTREME!

I can't fins where I read this. God, I hope I didn't dream this - a commercial break ECW segment, let alone one involving Burchill.

from Rajah:

Paul Burchill, who did not appear during tonight's ECW broadcast, was still utilized at the taping. In between a commercial break, Burchill came out on stage and spoofed actor Christian Bale's recently publicized angry tirade on the set of Terminator: Salvation. Footage of the ECW wrestler's take-off on the British actor is currently available to WWE Mobile subscribers. WWE.com will likely post the footage later in the week.

from Rajah:

Paul Burchill, who did not appear during tonight's ECW broadcast, was still utilized at the taping. In between a commercial break, Burchill came out on stage and spoofed actor Christian Bale's recently publicized angry tirade on the set of Terminator: Salvation. Footage of the ECW wrestler's take-off on the British actor is currently available to WWE Mobile subscribers. WWE.com will likely post the footage later in the week.

I'm about 100% sure this report is wrong. I'm pretty sure I didn't get up and leave at all during ECW and just to make sure I asked my friend who was there with me if she had seen this, and she said Burchill didn't come out at all.

Man, I wish that CIMA match was televised.

It was a pretty solid match as well. That went for, I think, 10 to 12 minutes.

I'm about 100% sure this report is wrong. I'm pretty sure I didn't get up and leave at all during ECW and just to make sure I asked my friend who was there with me if she had seen this, and she said Burchill didn't come out at all.

I'm guessing it was fake because if Vince didn't understand Paul as a Johnny Depp clone a few years ago when that was already one of the biggest movies in the world, I doubt he'd be pushing people to do an untelevised spoof of a Hollywood gossip piece. Just figured I'd toss in the report that the other poster couldn't remember finding.

I agree, it is just as epic as his old theme, and 10x better than his TNA theme. Hmm, but they had a video for him, that means he has shot parts of the entrance video on the sly, i.e. the face smiling etc, and the rest is old footage spliced together. I still reckon Todd Grisham ruined the moment.

I did not mind Grisham's reaction. He was acting surprised.

Biggest markout moment for me since NYR 2006. I'm so glad Christian is back and NOT in the Hardys storyline.

I also really like his new theme song. A lot. The intro doesn't fit as nice, though.

Noble, Bourne (even just in promo form), Christian, and Kid? Damn, I picked the wrong week to leave ECW off my DVR. I did watch the highlights on .com, and it looked like Christian/Swagger was good and Kid looked impressive in his squash. Looks like ECW might have to get back on my "record all shows" list, at least until they get raped in the draft again.

It happened. http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms...ary8-14/9351648

(I can't watch the vid for whatever reason, but from thewwe.com write up it looks like the bit)

Okay, you can watch it here as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEhOglD9Gek

It was a backstage segment! I wonder if they showed it on the jumbotron at one point or the dirtsheet just got wind of the bit from a backstage source.

Story of The Year performs the new version of "Just Close Your Eyes" because Waterproof Blonde broke up.

Thanks I was wondering this. Is there a version out to download anywhere yet?

(I can't watch the vid for whatever reason, but from thewwe.com write up it looks like the bit)

Okay, you can watch it here as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEhOglD9Gek

It was a backstage segment! I wonder if they showed it on the jumbotron at one point or the dirtsheet just got wind of the bit from a backstage source.

It wasn't showed on the tron.

They decided to make Hardy vs Hardy 3 months ago,

And kept it a great secret by having Matt help his brother into the main event and then keeping the interference out of the match that lead him to winning the WWE title.

Just brilliant misdirection!

When he was attacked in the motel, Matt found him.

When he was ran off the road, he was leaving Matt's house.

Then there was that episode on Smackdown, where Matt "accidently" yanked his arm, after it had been injured the previous match.

They can easily explain Matt attacking Kozlov, was simply, because Kozlove beat him the earlier that night. Or they could say, Matt "helped" Jeff, because he knew Jeff would chopke ;ike he did, in every other title match he had.

WWE never gave any kind of hint that Christian was the one attacking Jeff, people just made that up in their own mind an fooled themselves.

He helped him win the fucking WWE title. You're trying to paint that as making sense is almost as nonsensical. So he was so consumed with hurting his brother that he attacked him and cost him a title shot one month...and then the next month decided to help him get into a title match... But he hates him so much that he'd run him off the road...and yet he's more angry with Kozlov beating him in a nontitle match...even though he'd cost his brother the title the next month and never really have anything to do with Kozlov again?

That's what you're going with?

You do realize who you're arguing with, right?

If it's a 'leap' to have assumed Christian was the attacker, which was the plan, then it's a leap of monumental proportions to think it was always going to be Matt. Even WWE wouldn't have had a storyline with such huge gaps in logic if it was intended to be Matt as the attacker. Which, by the way, he hasn't even admitted to. If it was meant to be Matt as the attacker, wouldn't he admit to it so as to get even more heat?

That's actually funnier than I thought it was going to be. I know they're both British and all, but Burchill really sounds like Bale with this imitation.