TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE SmackDown - Friday the 13th, February 2009

Not very detailed for now. From F4WOnline:

Show opens with Edge cutting a promo about winning the Elimination Chamber

MVP beat Chavo Guerrero via DQ when Shelton Benjamin interfered. Chavo frog splashed MVP after the match

Undertaker did a promo vowing to win the chamber

Miz & Morrison b Carlito & Primo Colon in a match where the winners get to date the Bella Twins

R-Truth b Ezekiel Jackson

Maria b Michelle McCool when Eve Torres distracted McCool

Show vs. Undertaker vs. HHH vs. Kozlov ended without a winner. Everyone was laid out and Edge was in the closing scene of the show holding up the title belt

Cage match (not taped for TV): Mysterio & Jeff Hardy b Edge & Matt Hardy

I can detail stuff.

Edge opening promo: Edge and Vicki came out talking about the elimination chamber and that Edge was going to win. Edge said he wasn't wrestling tonight as he isn't a 100% due to a tombstone from the Undertaker. Big Show came out, Edge and Big Show went back and forth with the promo and Vicki made the main event, Big Show vs The Undertaker vs HHH vs Kozlov in a fatal fourway.

Chavo vs MVP: MVP was about to give Chavo his finisher when Shelton ran in and got MVP with his finisher causing the DQ. After the match Chavo hit MVP with a frogsplash.

Taker promo: Good Taker promo

We get a backstage segment where the Bella Twins are with the Colons and the Bella twins thank them for the roses, except the roses weren't sent by the Colons, turns out the roses were sent by the Miz and Morrison who show up and tell the twins that they should ditch the Colons for Morrison and Miz. One of the twins (don't know whose who) disagrees while the other agrees. The one who agrees with Miz and Morrison say the two teams should have a match and the winning team gets to leave with the twins and have a Valentines date with them.

Carlito makes this into a funny segment.

Miz and Morrison vs The Colons with the Bella Twins: Miz and Morrison wins after Morrison hits his finisher on Primo. The twins leave with Miz and Morrison. One twin looks happy while the other one doesn't.

R-Truth vs Ezekiel Jackson: R-Truth wins with a roll up.

Michelle McCool vs Maria: McCool pretty much dominated this match...and no sold a enizguri kick to the face as well, until Eve ran out. McCool fights with Eve for a little bit but the Ref doesn't call for the bell because Eve doesn't hit McCool. McCool throws Eve into the ring and Maria takes advantage and school boys McCool for the pinfall.

HHH vs Big Show vs Kozlov vs The Undertaker: Good match, ended with Edge running in and spearing the Big show to cause a No Contest. I finally got to see the Undertaker's dead man entrance live.......It was so awesome!

After tv match: Cage Match: Jeff Hardy & Rey Mysterio vs Matt Hardy and Edge: Winners: Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio.

Funny note: Edge wears street clothes the entire Smackdown taping, when he comes out to wrestle he's wearing his wrestling gear, he looks towards each side of the crowd, smiles and nods and pats his tights like he saying "yeah, I get changed that quick."

Sad note: The actual cage is only used 2 or 3 times the entire match. It could have been a normal tag match and nothing would have changed.

Random note: It took the crew only about 5 minutes to set up the cage. It wasn't suspended over the ring, they brought it out from the back. I went to the bathroom as the cage was just starting to be set up and the next thing I know I hear Rey Mysterio's music playing.

I'm watching it right now..

miz and morrison vs the colons was another great tag team match this week...these two teams just 'click'.

I could watch these four guys work matches for a while!

Tazz reminds me of Steinbrenner (Larry David) when he gets all worked up.

"I am blown away JR! Blow-ow-ow-ow-ow-owwn awaaay!"

Primo is much more natural in the ring than his brother Shuffly Feet.

Anyone else catch JR's comment about how the action "quickened" with Primo in the ring?

Even he realizes Carlito sucks.

SD is so much better than Raw right now it's not even funny. All the guys tonight in the EC match were hyped as having a shot at winning it (okay maybe not Kozlov). Compare that to Raw where that EC match is booked basically as "John Cena and the 5 Jabronis." I honestly don't know who is going to win this match.

To me, Raw is so much better than SD right now. The only guys I care about on SD are Kendrick (hardly there and jobbing), Helms (disappeared), and MVP (just coming off months of being emasculated). Vickie is great for the amount of heat she generates, but otherwise, SD is a big pile of boring.