TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 2009 Draft announced

Did you just refer to WWE superstars as "fighters"? :huh:

In terms of the storylines, that's exactly what they are.

No, they're not.

Do they not fight/wrestle/strike/kick/slam each other?

There is a HUGE difference between a fighter and a wrestler, storyline or not.

Apples and Oranges.

A "Storyline Fighter" in the wrestling world would be somebody who portrayed a shoot-fighting character, not just any old performer who makes physical contact with another performer.

Did you just refer to WWE superstars as "fighters"? :huh:

In terms of the storylines, that's exactly what they are.

No, they're not.

Do they not fight/wrestle/strike/kick/slam each other?

There is a HUGE difference between a fighter and a wrestler, storyline or not.

Apples and Oranges.

A "Storyline Fighter" in the wrestling world would be somebody who portrayed a shoot-fighting character, not just any old performer who makes physical contact with another performer.

Many a time as a commentator called the match a fight. If somebody is in a fight, they can be called a fighter. Matches without DQ's and count outs are sometimes called "Streetfights". I don't have a clue as to why you are even trying to argue differently.

Some rumored moves tonight (and during the supplemental draft on Wednesday on dotcom) - I spoiler tagged them just in case -

Raw will get HHH, Edge, Big Show, Matt Hardy, MVP, Maryse, Mark Henry and Maria

SD! is getting Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Melina and Candace Michelle

Mysterio is going to SD! as they want to recapture the Latino audience it's been losing. He's the IC title holder, so that means the US title will more than likely be going the other way, hence MVP to Raw. Of course with HHH and Cena both holding the top titles on Raw maybe SD! keeps both midcard titles.

Melina also will be moved in the Latino outreach, meaning Maryse comes the other way to Raw. Wwe is said to be high on Maryse.

Miz and Morrison will be split up. Morrison could end up on either Raw or SD!, with Miz staying in ECW

They're just rumoured it says, theone.

rumors come in many forms...incomplete, speculative, incorrect etc..., .The Franchise.

where/who is the source for those rumors? WON? a leak? the shittier sites?

So Is ECW not getting anybody or are those spoilers purely speculative or incorrect or incomplete or what?

It's an incomplete list. SD! will be getting more as well. I believe I read that 12 wrestlers will move tonight, and then there will be a supplemental draft on wwe.com on Wednesday afternoon.

I called it a rumor, but the site is saying "expected" to be moved. Folks here have had issue with the source site and have actually blocked it from being mentioned - I write it's name and it comes up - "idiotsrunningawebsite.com". I wasn't even going to spoiler tag it, because you can take the rumors with a grain of salt, but just in case it is legit I didn't want to ruin it for non-spoiler folks. The "shittier site" usually just rips off the pay sites, but has misrepresented their reports as news when it was pay site opinion/speculation in the past.

Wrestlers showing up on SD! matches this week that could be supplemental draft spoilers -

John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler

I wouldn't put too much thought into Morrison, since he's on the ECW roster, and can show up on whichever show he wants. Ziggler is a different story, however.

Wrestlers I'd like to see get moved in today's supplemental draft -

Brian Kendrick to ECW - His push dried up because of his attitude and love of doobies but I'd love to see him in ECW to wrestle Bourne, Kidd, Morrison(assuming he stays) and even Christian and Finlay.

Mike Knox to Smackdown! I don't know if Knox is in the dog house for Noble's injury or whatever, but he's going to get lost in the shuffle over on Raw with all of the top talent they added. I think there is a ton of untapped potential with Knox.

Mark Henry to Raw - he has nothing left on ECW or Smackdown really. I don't think he has much to offer Raw really either, but it would be the "fresher" move.

William Regal to SD! Can this guy EVER get a continuous push? I'd love to see a Taker vs Regal feud.

Chavo to Raw - he needs to be with Vickie. Though given that SD! wants to be the target the Latino audience I could see him sticking on SD, though he should then pick up a tag team partner.

One of the Bella's to Raw - they could play the twin gimmick across the brands

DJ Gabriel to Smackdown - he needs a fresh start.

Mark Henry definitely needs to move to RAW, if just for some new scenery for the guy.

Send Regal to Smackdown to give him something new to do as well.

Still can't believe another draft went by, and Undertaker still hasn't been moved to RAW.

Undertaker runs the SD! lockerroom. If he was moved to Raw, they'd have to move somebody of equal stature over to SD! and I don't think there is anybody. the best chance to move taker would have been when HHH was moved to SD! last draft. SD! lockerrom is more old school whereas Raw is more business like.

Also, Taker does a lot of stunts involving special effects which lends itself better to a taped environment rather than a live one.

Second pick - SD! gets Shad Gaspard

I'm surprised with this move, unless JTG joins Shad a little later on. Bookers are down on Shad as he doesn't seem to be improving and yet never goes to FCW on off days to even try. With the Colons unified tag champions, maybe SD! will be the sole tag team brand.

Of course with Superstars, if Raw or ECW teams want to challenge for the titles, they could do so there.

I'm surprised with this move, unless JTG joins Shad a little later on. Bookers are down on Shad as he doesn't seem to be improving and yet never goes to FCW on off days to even try. With the Colons unified tag champions, maybe SD! will be the sole tag team brand.

Of course with Superstars, if Raw or ECW teams want to challenge for the titles, they could do so there.

It'll be odd if they break them up since there will be then very few tag teams left since Miz/Morrison are gone too.

It'll be odd if they break them up since there will be then very few tag teams left since Miz/Morrison are gone too.

And they've broken up both of the popular wwe.com shows - The Dirt Sheet and Word Up.

Raw gets Primo!

I'm surprised by this, considering wwe wants to have SD! target the Latino audience. Maybe this will free Carlito up to go back to singles, and could open the door for Primo to find a new tag partner, longtime developmental Eric Escobar.

Well Primo is the un-over member of the team so it makes no difference. They better not split up the Colons team because as unified champs shouldn't they be competing on all 3 brands anyway?