TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 2009 Draft announced

What brand was Natalya supposed to be on before the draft? She has been on ECW for a while now.

Officially, she was still a part of Smackdown until today. She had wrestled for team Smackdown in recent tag matches vs. the Raw divas.

Raw is looking really top heavy. I feel bad for the Miz's and Chavo's of the world they arn't going to be making much noise with all those top tier guys making a home on Mondays, not that they were before especially in Chavo's case but they seem like they are going to be flat out job boys for the Cena and HHH maybe even Hornswaggle now but i sure hope not

Festus to Raw! Another tag team broken up. I wonder if they'll drop the bell-ringing gimmick with him. He's only 25ish years old. I guess he replaces Knox on Raw.

I'm betting Jesse will be endeavored much sooner than later.

Why not just move Cryme tyme and Colons as teams? Are they supposed to be selling the drama by drafting them separately - oh noes they broke up two teams from the afterthought tag division!! Not to mention moving them separately but having them end up on the same brand and trying to sell it as a random lottery is ridiculous.

Hopfully Festus will get repackaged the hillbilly who gets crazy when he hears a bell gimmick reached its peak with the interaction with Snoop Dogg at Wrestlemaina

And am I the only one who thinks Smackdown is looking like a very fun show with all these roster moves who ever said eariler that they are winning this draft seems to be spot on. I do think then need one more big face or someone to accend to that spot as Taker seems to only work part time and your other top two are CM Punk and Mysterio

Remember how awesome Smackdown was vs Raw back in 02-03 when the first draft happened? It's a rebirth!

Ya Taker only works a part time schedual and i mentioned Mysterio eariler thinking they needed one more big time face forgot about Jeff Hardy tho

Ya Smackdown is looking better and better

Thats what i'm saying Ren but who will be the faces to oppose Edge and Jericho just Punk?

Rey Mysterio is the company's best babyface, and one of its few draws to boot.

I guess I'm just soured by the last run on Smackdown that he had on top.

While i know he is a big draw especially with Hispanics I just don't have the faith that they will keep him on top as a top level face the likes of Taker Cena or HHH, but if they do that is great and I'd be happy to see it.

After the Elimination Chamber a Rey-Edge program would be awesome

Yeah Rey - Edge needs to happen - no doubt.

I'd love them to have sit down interview with Rey and Jim Ross and him telling Ross how this title win - at Wrestlemania has given him another opportunity to be the champion his fans deserve. Have him admit he should have done better as World Champion and that he will wear the Intercontinental Championship with pride and add some prestige to it. Rey / Jericho and Rey / Edge are long time feuds I would love to see over the title....seems as the top titles are no on Raw

Well I would think this means Edge comes out of Backlash as the Champ unless they try to throw us a real curve ball by having either CM Punk cash in at some point and win the championship back for Smackdown, which i think could be an interesting story if done right, and could even make CM Punk and Smackdown be thought of together making him a big star for Smackdown or an even bigger curve ball by having both World champinship belts on Raw and making the IC belt the main Smackdown belt

Well I would think this means Edge comes out of Backlash as the Champ unless they try to throw us a real curve ball by having either CM Punk cash in at some point and win the championship back for Smackdown, which i think could be an interesting story if done right, and could even make CM Punk and Smackdown be thought of together making him a big star for Smackdown or an even bigger curve ball by having both World champinship belts on Raw and making the IC belt the main Smackdown belt

May's PPV is in Chicago. I think Punk cashing in MITB for the home town crowd advantage would be a solid story to tell. Punk vs Cena in Chicago would be pretty damn good. Punk would lose, but it could still be a good story.

Also I missed Hurricane Helms being drafted to ECW - 24 drafts in all today.

Raw adds Ken Kennedy, Primo & Carlito, Nikki and Brie Bella, Chavo Guerrero, Hornswoggle, Festus, Brian Kendrick

Raw lost Cryme Tyme, Mike Knox, Candice Michelle, Charlie Haas, Layla

Smackdown adds Cryme Tyme, Mike Knox, Candice Michelle, Ricky Ortiz, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler Charlie Haas, Layla, Alicia

Smackdown lost - Ken Kennedy, Primo & Carlito, Ezekiel Jackson, Brian Kendrick, Zack Ryder, Chavo, Natalya, Festus, Helms, Bella Twins, Harry Smith

ECW adds Ezekiel Jackson, Zack Ryder, Harry Smith, Natalya, Hurricane Helms

ECW lost Alicia Foxx, Ricky Ortiz, Hornswoggle, John Morrison,

So ECW's top faces are now Christian Finley and Hurricane Helms.

Maybe Helms can make it big on ECW like Matt Hardy before him.

Also i'm suprised Finley didn't go to Raw to follow Hornswaggle i can only start to imagine the "funny" stuff he'll be doing on Raw now

So ECW's top faces are now Christian Finley and Hurricane Helms.

Maybe Helms can make it big on ECW like Matt Hardy before him.

Also i'm suprised Finley didn't go to Raw to follow Hornswaggle i can only start to imagine the "funny" stuff he'll be doing on Raw now

Evan Bourne is a top face and how can you forget about Tommy Dreamer!!!

ECW Roster post draft o

Jack Swagger

Christian

DJ Gabriel

Evan Bourne

Ezekiel Jackson

Finlay

Harry Smith

Hurricane Helms

Katie Lea Burchill

Mark Henry

Natalya

Paul Burchill

Tommy Dreamer

Tyson Kidd

Vladimir Koslov

Zach Ryder

Am I the only one who does not give a shit about Dolph Ziggler? I've seen him wrestle a few times and I really don't see anything special about him. I remember he had a match with Charlie Claas around Christmas last year that I thought was just brutal. He seemed to be too aggressive to the point where it looked his Haas couldn't protect himself correctly so all of the offense just looked awkward and painfull (and not in the "he sold that well" kind of way. More of a Hardcore Holly setting a snobby kid straight kind of way)

May's PPV is in Chicago. I think Punk cashing in MITB for the home town crowd advantage would be a solid story to tell. Punk vs Cena in Chicago would be pretty damn good. Punk would lose, but it could still be a good story.

And the crowd heat would be good as Chicago is usually a town that craps on Cena regardless the opponent. If Punk is the opponent, it could get very interesting.

Am I the only one who does not give a shit about Dolph Ziggler? I've seen him wrestle a few times and I really don't see anything special about him. I remember he had a match with Charlie Claas around Christmas last year that I thought was just brutal. He seemed to be too aggressive to the point where it looked his Haas couldn't protect himself correctly so all of the offense just looked awkward and painfull (and not in the "he sold that well" kind of way. More of a Hardcore Holly setting a snobby kid straight kind of way)

I'm not saying he's the Second-Coming, but I think he is better than he has been allowed to show. His gimmick is painfully one-dimensional and it kills any fan interest in him.