TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLegendGaryColeman

Joaquin Phoenix

Letterman's gonna have a lot of jokes on Phoenix for quite awhile.

People are mentioning that it might be an act because Phoenix is making a mockumentry or something like that. I really hope it's not a joke cause I love seeing Letterman just go off on people for a few days.

Yeah, his music transition is supposedly being made into a documentary by Casey Affleck. Letterman took some shots at him during the interview, as can be seen on the clip. Saying stuff about apologies to Farah Faucett. With Bar Rafaeli, when she declined to comment about her relationship with DiCaprio, he made some shots at Phoenix. Letterman will be talking about this at least every show for about a month and then still bring it up from time to time.

Fuck Letterman. He does this shit to people like he's above it all. You are a fucking late night talk show host you fucking ass.

It's not Dave's fault Phoenix decided not to give him an interview.

Fuck Letterman. He does this shit to people like he's above it all. You are a fucking late night talk show host you fucking ass.

Like that's an insult? It's a talk show that's taped in the afternoon, and it makes him more money than you'll ever see in your lifetime. Yeah, fuck him. :rolleyes:

What's Letterman supposed to do when he has a guest that's being difficult to work everyone?

Like that's an insult? It's a talk show that's taped in the afternoon, and it makes him more money than you'll ever see in your lifetime. Yeah, fuck him. :rolleyes:

Says you. I've never liked letterman. I just think he's a smug puta.

I like Letterman a lot, he's much better than Leno. His show tries to be something fresh and quirky, and I admire him for that. Leno's the puta

I thought he handled Phoenix perfectly. He let him do his gimmick, got in a few jibes, and it was a funny interview.

Leno leaves much to be desired but I've always liked him over Letterman. Conan's still the best thing going.

It just looked like Phoenix took the shit personally. If he was acting, then it's a different story.

Leno leaves much to be desired but I've always liked him over Letterman. Conan's still the best thing going.

It just looked like Phoenix took the shit personally. If he was acting, then it's a different story.

Leno is just so bland and boring. Letterman always has the newsworthy guests and moments, Leno's been coasting off Hugh Grant.

Phoenix has been doing the gimmick all over for a month now. He disrupted an SNL digital short shoot recently, and I think it's all for a mockumentary being done by Casey Affleck.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Cowboy, you dare call yourself a central hoosier, and prefer Leno over Letterman? Puke.

Morning Radio morons were commenting on this today, and played many sound clips. Dave was hysterical.

I like Letterman a lot, he's much better than Leno. His show tries to be something fresh and quirky, and I admire him for that. Leno's the puta

I thought he handled Phoenix perfectly. He let him do his gimmick, got in a few jibes, and it was a funny interview.

I fully agree with you Bob. Letterman has always been my favorite late night talk show host. He's so much more entertaining than Leno it's not even funny.

Guest Smues

I'm 100% convinced this is all an act by Joaquin. For what purpose I have no idea nor do I really care, but Dave was awesome in that segment.

As for Dave vs Leno I'm a Dave guy all the way. Never been able to stand Jay Leno.

This post is a new concept wherein I pose as a drug-addled moron for a mockumentary message board

Leno has far surpassed even Carson at this point. The fact that he wanted Letterman to take over his "spot" shows how out of touch his humor was at the end. Letterman is garbage. I can't wait until Conan takes over and completely loses his edge so that I can see Leno's new show.

This post is a new concept wherein I pose as a drug-addled moron for a mockumentary message board

I'm glad they didn't get someone with a comedic background to replace Conan.

Cowboy, you dare call yourself a central hoosier, and prefer Leno over Letterman? Puke.

Morning Radio morons were commenting on this today, and played many sound clips. Dave was hysterical.

I even go to the school he so proudly represents.

Leno has far surpassed even Carson at this point. The fact that he wanted Letterman to take over his "spot" shows how out of touch his humor was at the end. Letterman is garbage. I can't wait until Conan takes over and completely loses his edge so that I can see Leno's new show.

I'm glad they didn't get someone with a comedic background to replace Conan.

.....You're insane!

I saw Jimmy Fallon on Conan's show last night, and maaaaaan is his Late Night looking to be bad. Has anyone ever found Jimmy Fallon funny? The only thing I ever found amusing about the guy was when Tracy Morgan said he wanted to rough him up for coming out of character and smiling during "SNL" skits. Conan's Tonight Show should be just fine, and it'll be nice to have two decent options at that hour after years of horrible Jay Leno.

I thought he wasn't bad in his first two seasons or so on SNL, he's a decent impressionist (or at least was) but once Will Ferrell left and he became "the guy" on that show, he jumped the shark. I really don't have high hopes for his Late Night either but...uh....at least The Roots should make a good house band.

It probably was a work. It seemed to be a very forced awkwardness in parts, unlike interviews with Farrah Fawcett or Courtney Love, where they were genuinely high and completly crazy. Particularly the bit where Dave is talking about his new music career and goes 'so, I suppose you'll be singing' which sets up the joke where Joaquin says 'No, a rap career' and then looks up, because he's expecting a laugh from the audience.