TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLegendGaryColeman

Joaquin Phoenix

Better yet, how can that be compared to what Kaufman and Lawler did?

I think this whole thing is brilliant on Phoenix's part. I mean, he's totally believable as someone doped out of their mind and when I first saw the rap clips about a month ago my initial reaction was, "Oh man, this fucker is going to die." And now it's all an act? If that's true... amazing.

I'm just going to post the 2/11 Letterman video:

Letterman 2/11/09

This along with all the recent quitting acting in pursuit of Hip Hop is either making him a modern day Andy Kaufman or Joaquin has really lost his mind. Thoughts?

So is Vince going to hire him to face Mike Knox at WM in a battle of the beards?

It's a work.

Also, Jimmy was never the "guy" on SNL after Ferrell left. He mostly stuck to Update, had some impressions and the terrible skit with Horatio. Jimmy's really talented, but the shit with Horatio really overshadowed what he has to offer.

Really? He was always the guy I identified as the face of the SNL of my adolescence. I guess it was more of an ensemble though. SNL from the time Ferrell left till '05-'06 was easily my least favorite era of the show.

But yeah to get back on topic- uh yeah, Joaquin is working us. I'm curious as to how long it'll last though. I guess until the documentary comes out.

Really? He was always the guy I identified as the face of the SNL of my adolescence. I guess it was more of an ensemble though. SNL from the time Ferrell left till '05-'06 was easily my least favorite era of the show.

But yeah to get back on topic- uh yeah, Joaquin is working us. I'm curious as to how long it'll last though. I guess until the documentary comes out.

I always thought Ferrell leaving was overhyped, as people had declared they were going to hate it before the season began. The Sarah Michelle Gellar show plays to near silence, but I thought a lot of the skits were hilarious. It did have that bad run, from end of 02 to early 03, but the last half of the season is very strong. Darrell in particular came through bigtime in 02-03.

02-04 is fine, but the show slipped badly in 04-05. Tina and Amy on Update was just wrong on so many levels.