TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Eastbound and Down

http://www.hbo.com/eastboundanddown/

I'll admit it. I love Danny McBride. The first thing I saw him in was The Heartbreak Kid and he was hilarious playing the overbearing cousin. Then he started popping up in everything. He was funny in Drillbit Taylor and The Pineapple Express and ok in Tropic Thunder.

I tracked down the movie that made him "famous", The Foot Fist Way. I had it overhyped in my head but it still ended up having some absolutely hilarious lines.

Needless to say - I'll be watching every episode of this series. I'm hoping it's not too over the top and doesn't let me down. I'm guessing it's going to be the stark opposite of the show that airs directly before it but I enjoy both types of comedy.

I liked him in The Heartbreak Kid and Pineapple Express so I'll give this a try.

I thought he was good in Tropic thunder and stole Pineapple express. I don't remember him in the heartbreak kid. I saw the footfist way and it falls into that "MTV movie" such as Napolean Dynamite where its a movie with no point or plot and you're supposed to find the characters funny. It's a bit meh but there are some good bits.

I do like him alot though, so ill gladly give this a try.

I'll check this out. My HBO Sundays have felt rather empty with the departure of Entourage and True Blood, plus for some reason FOTC is not really drawing me in like it did in previous seasons.

I'll check this out. My HBO Sundays have felt rather empty with the departure of Entourage and True Blood, plus for some reason FOTC is not really drawing me in like it did in previous seasons.

This is season two. They just pluralized it :P

So this was solid. Nothing spectacular but it got some laughs out of me, particularly the hooker at the bar dropping the "It makes me wet...in my pussy" line and Kenny's talk with his brothers wife about if some other guy had hit on her whilst she was engaged.

Danny McBride is terribly overrated though. I see him falling into a very predictable lather/rinse/repeat style with this show as Kenny Powers doesn't seem like the type of character whose emotional progress will be a factor as the show goes on. I'd love to be proven wrong, though because this show definitely has potential. Glad to see John Hawkes getting work.

Yeah - there were some pretty funny lines in here. Loved the scene where they were eating dinner and the wife said she named the daughter after Titanic.

Also liked him imagining all these middle schoolers going nuts for him and then they cut to reality.

I hope there is some character development, though, or I might get sick of it after a while myself.

"Can I wear my Scream mask? The mask from the movie Scream. While I do you from behind." was pretty grandiose. It was my favorite part, at least. Nothing's gonna top the line Gina Gershon drops in the making-of special, though.

I really enjoyed episode 2. For some reason I wasn't interested in the show at all last week so I missed the first one. They haven't added it to the On Demand section here either, although they added every other show from last week. I'll have to check it out online tomorrow.

I thought Ferrell was great. You could tell that whole original scene when he's offering his services was highly ad-libbed.

I don't really like the character of Kenny Powers... TOO much of a dick.

But the show is fucking hilarious. So many great one-liners both weeks.

I hope we get to see April naked soon because I can see this show not lasting long. Any info on how it's doing, ratings-wise?

The ratings don't really matter since the show is 6 episodes and they've already filmed them all.

meh

The line about giving Robocop a blowjob would have been funny had there been some set up for it. Dude comes back with silver stuff on his face and they drop the line. Seems like someone liked the joke and just kinda stuffed it in there with no set up at all. That annoyed me more than it should have.

I liked the second episode slightly better despite the bitching.

Also, I think Andrew Daily can only play one character. He's the same guy in everything he does

needless to say I did not pick up on it.

Moving along :)

I think Will is going to be on at least one more episode. I watched the making of and there were more scenes with him that weren't in this episode

Huffing spray paint just isn't mainstream yet. Anyways. If episode three picks up where episode two left off (which is a trend I hope they keep up), I'd like to see the fallout of Kenny and the creepy teacher's assault on Ashley Schaeffer BMW.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life - an arm like a damn rocket, a cock like a Burmese python and the mind of a f@#%in' scientist. So people often ask me, "Kenny, what are your weaknesses - do you have any?" I would say that my biggest flaw, my Achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic."

Damn, this show is hilarious and highly quotable! I love it. I think Kenny is going to hook up with Cassandra before it's over.