TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Eastbound and Down

If Eastbound and Down is getting low ratings, it's because word of mouth hasn't had time to reach the general masses. It's got to pick up interest from the DVD, and I figure there will be enough of a clamor to get a second season.

Seems like a word-of-mouth show to me, too. Everyone I know who has seen it loves it.

If they brought Flight of the Conchords back for a second season - I figure this can get a 2nd season.

I also suspect that those were stunt tits, just based on how it was shot. They were quite nice, in any event.

I like the show, and certainly hope that it gets more than six episodes to try to find an audience. It's the sort of quotable filth that you'd think today's high school and college students would flip over. Maybe no one can afford HBO anymore??

It's weird but this is one of the few shows that I see a lot of Facebook support for, ranging from my jock friends to random girls from high school. My friends and I have been assuming that the show is a runaway success based on how many people we know of that watch it.

Sadly I could spot those as stunt tits the second they were shown, but whoever they belonged to...nice.

Dusty ended up being my favorite character. Told Kenny he was full of shit when he was, and had his back when he needed to.

6 episodes was probably a good way to feel it out, but I'd like to see more

I also suspect that those were stunt tits, just based on how it was shot. They were quite nice, in any event.

They were. The stunt tits were bigger and had a mole on the left one. Plus it's not even the same bra in the close up, she was wearing a back clasp and it's a front clasp.

I saw the stills, they aren't hers. Total stunt pair. But a good one so at least points for that.

According to the AV Club, the ratings for EB&D have been really low and they don't see it getting another season. I'm almost glad, if that's the depressing case, that we got that ending. It works great thematically. Also, good call on the shot being an echo of Kenny's fixation on April's big cannons. We need to devote an entire discussion to the artistic integrity of nudie shots.

Eastbound and Down did better than Flight of the Conchords, Season Finale rating (904,000 vs. 678,000 viewers)

Also the ratings don't really matter since premium channels don't sell commercial time.

Has to be. McBride must be begging for it. This series is going to take him from "that guy" who has bit parts in major comedies to something of a star.

Kenny Powers is a damn quote machine.

Eastbound and Down has been renewed

Kenny Powers is heading back to the big leagues. Eastbound & Down, the HBO comedy series starring Danny McBride, is returning for a second season, the network announced Wednesday. New episodes are scheduled to debut in 2010.

The six-episode comedy, executive produced in part by Will Farrell, received critical praise. The series tells the story of a star Major League pitcher, Powers, whose self-destructiveness drives him out of baseball and back to his hometown where he becomes a middle school Phys Ed teacher. The final episode leaves off with Powers landing another big-league offer.

Eastbound and Down has been renewed

Kenny Powers is heading back to the big leagues. Eastbound & Down, the HBO comedy series starring Danny McBride, is returning for a second season, the network announced Wednesday. New episodes are scheduled to debut in 2010.

The six-episode comedy, executive produced in part by Will Farrell, received critical praise. The series tells the story of a star Major League pitcher, Powers, whose self-destructiveness drives him out of baseball and back to his hometown where he becomes a middle school Phys Ed teacher. The final episode leaves off with Powers landing another big-league offer.

SWEET.

Funny show but I don't know if it will be able to keep up. It felt redundant even after just six episodes.

I couldn't get enough of the show. I thought it was fantastical. Our taste in humor must be completely different. I don't see how anyone could find this show not funny.