TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonddust

Your FIRST Live Show

As a follow-up to the best live-show thread that is still going on, I'm interested in hearing what people think or remember about the first live wrestling show they attended. It doesn't have to be good or bad... just what you remember about that first arena show.

Mine was in June of 1990... a WWE house show in Birmingham, Alabama at the Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center. I was 8 1/2, and I went with my dad, and the father/brother of one of my sister's friends. I remember buying a foam replica Intercontinental belt (For some reason, I thought it looked better than the World Title belt even in replica form), and thinking it was going to be a Friday Night's Main Event (Since it happened on a Friday night... don't try to justify 8 year old logic).

Anyways, I don't remember all of the matches, but I do remember the following happening:

-The Hart Foundation vs. Demolition (They were testing out Crush with the team, and everyone was confused as to Ax's whereabouts)

-Hercules vs. Akeem (I was certain Hercules was going to win because he was a face, but my dad and the other two immediately knew Akeem would win it - why... I have no idea)

-"Playboy" Buddy Rose was on the show (I think he might have done a "Blow-Away Diet" bit)

-The main event was Hacksaw Duggan vs. Earthquake (This was fresh off the heels of Earthquake squashing Hogan on The Brother Love Show so Quake was over like a monster heel at the time).

The weird thing is that I've been a fan since January of 1990... that was my first show, and I think the next live show I ever went to was when Nitro came to Birmingham in August of 1997, although there might have been a local indy show in there before the Nitro one.

Thanks to the wonderful Graham Cawthon, I can pinpoint the exact date and some of the results of my first show. His website is truly a gift from the wrestling gods.

WWF @ Portland, ME - Civic Center - August 17, 1994 (3,596)

WWF Superstars taping:

Lex Luger defeated Ted Dibiase's Undertaker via disqualification when Bam Bam Bigelow interfered as Luger had his opponent in the torture rack

Tatanka pinned IRS

WWF World Champion Bret Hart pinned Owen Hart at 13:50 with a roll up in a lumberjack match; lumberjacks included: Jim Neidhart, 1-2-3 Kid, Jeff Jarrett, Billy & Bart Gunn, the Headshrinkers, the Heavenly Bodies, Kwang, Well Dunn, & Kwang; the challenger had originally won the match and title at 3:06 after Jim Neidhart interfered as Owen was caught in the Sharpshooter and clotheslined the champion - however several of the lumberjacks and other officials had the finish replayed on the big screen so the referee could see what had happened; the match was ordered to continue (Wham Bam Bodyslam)

9/3/94:

Bob Backlund defeated Bert Centeno via submission with the Crossface Chicken Wing

Owen Hart (w/ Jim Neidhart) defeated Scott Taylor

The Smoking Gunns fought the Heavenly Bodies to a no contest at the 48 second mark when the Gunns were attacked before they could get their gear off, with the Bodies briefly wearing their cowboy hats until a brawl errupted on the floor and officials had to seperate the teams

The 1-2-3 Kid defeated Roy Raymond

IRS defeated Phil Apollo

9/10/94:

Shawn Michaels & WWF IC Champion Diesel defeated Tom O'Sullivan & Nick Barberri

Jim Neidhart (w/ Owen Hart) defeated Mike Maliacia

Doink the Clown defeated the Black Phantom

Bam Bam Bigelow (w/ Ted DiBiase) fought Tony Roy to a no contest after attacking him before the bell; Dibiase then complained about the lack of competition for Bigelow and issued an open challenge for anyone to fight him; Adam Bomb then came out and he and Bigelow briefly fought, with Bomb eventually clotheslining Bigelow to the floor

WWF Tag Team Champions the Headshrinkers (w/ Afa) defeated Mike Bell & Tony Devito (aired after they lost the titles)

Yokozuna defeated Steve King

9/17/94:

The Bushwhackers defeated Well Dunn (w/ Harvey Whippleman)

Jeff Jarrett defeated Phil Apollo via submission with the figure-4

The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) pinned Tony DeVito with the tombstone

Kwang (w/ Harvey Whippleman) pinned Scott Taylor

Bob Holly pinned Iron Mike Sharpe with a flying bodypress

Bob Backlund defeated Tony Roy via submission with the Crossface Chicken Wing

Being six at the time, I don't remember much. I remember The Bret Hart-Owen Hart Lumberjack match fairly well and I marked out like crazy when I saw it a year or so later on the Coliseum Video, Wham! Bam! Bodyslam! Other than that, I don't remember much. I remember being impressed that The Undertaker made an appearance, seeing how he was supposed to make his return at SummerSlam two weeks or so later. I also was really impressed reading the program that Bob Backlund was forty five years old and then seeing him beat some jobber (This was shortly before his heel turn). Lex Luger Vs The Fake Undertaker main evented the show and I vaguely remember that as well. BEST MAIN EVENT EVER!!!

I had no idea if I knew this show would be a syndicated TV taping before hand or not, all I know is my Dad was pissed over how long the show was. I'm surprised that he took us to another show after that but he did several times over (The next was another WWF show- a house show this time in July '96). He's such a trooper.

The first show I went to was the Raw after Backlash 99 (4/26/99). The only things I remember about it are Rocky getting beat up by The Corporation/Corporate Ministry? and wondering why Foley and Big Show were teaming up a night after facing each other.

The first two shows I went to were both WCW house shows. One had a main event of Sting-Hogan, the other Nash-Goldberg. So they're a couple years apart, but both shows had Ric Flair in a spot where his tights would get pulled down, exposing himself to the audience. So I saw Flair's bare ass on two non-consecutive occasions.

My first show was on 24/7 not that long ago (although they showed the matches out of order for some reason) from Maple Leaf Gardens on April 23, 1989. As a kid it was the biggest thing in the world. I became a huge Mr. Perfect fan after this show. I was 8 at the time.

WWF Championship: Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage

Mr. Perfect vs. Bret Hart

Ted Dibiase vs. Jake Roberts

Brainbusters vs. Bushwhackers

Greg Valentine vs. Blue Blazer

Honky Tonk Man vs. Hillbilly Jim

Paul Roma vs. Boris Zhukov

Hercules vs. Dino Bravo

Summerslam 97. I was sitting right above the entrance, although it's tough to actually see me since the crowd is pretty dark. This was probably the height of my markdom, so I thought it was the greatest thing ever, at the time. I was a huge Taker fan, and was kind of indifferent to the Harts. I never completely hated Bret since he had been one of my favorites for so long, but I always sided with Austin, Taker, or HBK since it was USA vs. Canada during this period. I was cheering for Taker in the main event, but I knew Bret was going to win as soon as he announced that he'd never wrestle in the US if he lost. Even as a mark I could call bullshit to stipulations like that. HBK costing Taker the match and the feud that followed did cause me to hate HBK for a long time, though.

Even though I started wrestling in like...1986 I actually never went to a live show until ECW in 1997. Terry Funk won a 4 way to retain the title over Raven, Stevie Richards and someone else. Richards had the guardrail dropped on him and spent the night in the hospital and was out of action for a while.

I wanna say it was either in 97 or 98. Yeah, I was older than most by the time I got to my first live show. It was just a regular house show. I remember the main event being New Age Outlaws vs. D-Lo/Mark Henry, and a really really bad match with The Godfather (don't remember who he was facing)

I remember being so heated I didn't get tickets to SummerSlam 1999 with it being so close to my birthday. But my first live show was a ECW on TNN show.

Kid Kash pinned Johnny Swinger

Mikey Whipwreck pinned Little Guido

Danny Doring and Amish Roadkill defeated Chris Chetti and Nova and The Baldies in a three way match

World Champion, Justin Credible, pinned Raven

The only part I really really remember was the Justin Credible/Raven match because I was a huge Credible guy and they ended up fighting right in front of me and I was on TV clearly. Plus the guy I went with had just left to buy a shirt for himself and his brother because the day of the show he realized he lost one of the 2 tickets he had so his brother said he could go since it was I who actually bought the tickets. So his brother made him buy him a shirt. Then the 3 of us went to Anarchy Rulz 2000.....ECW was so much fun.

WWF @ Albany, NY - Knickerbocker Arena - February 18, 1990

Debut at the venue

The Genius defeated Hercules after Mr. Perfect interfered

The Red Rooster defeated Bob Bradley

Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty defeated the Powers of Pain via disqualification

Dusty Rhodes defeated Randy Savage via count-out

Bret Hart fought Greg Valentine to a draw

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan defeated Mr. Perfect

Thanks to the help of Graham Cawthon's site:

WWF @ Anaheim, CA - Convention Center - May 12, 1987 (7,500)

WWF Superstars taping:

Sam Houston defeated an unknown

Tom Magee pinned Don Muraco

Prime Time Wrestling - 5/25/87:

Tito Santana fought Butch Reed (w/ Slick) to a time-limit draw at 18:17; after the bout, Reed continued to attack Santana until Santana hit the flying forearm and cleared Reed from the ring

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan defeated King Harley Race

5/23/87 -

included Bobby Heenan, Hercules, & King Harley Race as guests of the Snake Pit (1st Snake Pit on Superstars); featured an opening interview with WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan discussing Memorial Day Weekend; included the first Special Report on the health of Superstar Billy Graham in which it was announced he was about to have major surgery but Graham was determined to return to the ring despite what his doctors were telling him; featured closing comments from Bobby Heenan in which he said he would unveil his newest tag team the following week:

Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth) pinned Jerry Monti at 1:33 by placing one foot on his opponent's chest after hitting the flying elbowsmash

Hillbilly Jim & Outback Jack defeated Buddy Ryder & Dave Barbie at 2:24 when Jack pinned Ryder with a bulldog

The One Man Gang (w/ Slick) pinned Jesse Cortez at 1:47 with an elbow drop from the middle turnbuckle (Gang's TV debut)

Ken Patera defeated the Gladiator via submission with the bearhug at 2:04

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan pinned Bob Orton Jr. (w/ Mr. Fuji) with the legdrop at around the 9-minute mark; during the bout, the top rope broke when Hogan sent Orton into the corner

5/30/87 -

included Slick & the One Man Gang as guests of the Snake Pit; featured the Dino Bravo / Brutus Beefcake from the 5/24 edition of Wrestling Challenge; included an 'Update' segment featuring George Steele at an ice cream factory, showing how the new WWF ice cream bars are made; featured the second Special Report on Superstar Billy Graham's health, showing the early stages of Graham's recovery:

The Islanders defeated Rick Martel & Tom Zenk via count-out at 3:52 when Zenk failed to return to the ring after sustaining a bodyslam and a diving headbutt on the floor from Tama; mid-way through the bout, Bobby Heenan came ringside and later was revealed to be the Islanders' new manager

The Honkytonk Man (w/ Jimmy Hart) pinned Billy Anderson at 2:45 with the Shake, Rattle, & Roll

Jim Duggan pinned Iron Mike Sharpe with the running clothesline at 1:53

King Harley Race (w/ Bobby Heenan) pinned Joe Mirto with the cradle suplex at 1:52

WWF IC Champion Ricky Steamboat pinned Dusty Wolfe in a non-title match with a karate chop off the top at 3:42

6/6/87 -

included Butch Reed, Nikolai Volkoff, the Iron Sheik, & Slick as guests of the Snake Pit; featured an 'Update' segment focusing on the recent grouping of Bobby Heenan and the Islanders; included comments from WWF President Jack Tunney in which he announced that the DDT would not be banned, despite the protests of Jimmy Hart & the Honkytonk Man; featured the third Special Report on the health of Superstar Billy Graham focusing on his road to recovery; included closing comments from Ricky Steamboat and the Honkytonk Man regarding their IC title match the following week:

Demolition (w/ Mr. Fuji) defeated Paul Roma & Jim Powers at 2:54 when Ax pinned Roma with a clothesline

Koko B. Ware pinned Tiger Chung Lee at 2:31 with a missile dropkick

Kamala & Sika (w/ Mr. Fuji & Kimchee) defeated Don Adams & Sivi Afi at 1:15 when Kamala pinned Adams with a splash; after the bout, Kamala went to the top rope and prepared to hit another splash but was talked down by Fuji & Kimchee

Ken Patera defeated Jimmy Jack Funk via submission with the bearhug at 2:39 (The Ken Patera Story)

Tito Santana & Billy Jack Haynes defeated Terry Gibbs & the Raider at 1:43 when the Raider submitted to Haynes' full nelson

Brutus Beefcake defeated Tim Patterson via submission with the sleeper at 2:40

WWF @ Bushkill, PA - Fernwood Resort - November 8, 1993

Monday Night Raw:

WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon defeated Pat Tanaka

WWF World Champion Yokozuna defeated the Undertaker

Bret Hart pinned Jerry Lawler

11/8/93 - during the duration of the broadcast, a 1-800 voteline was set up to determine who would face Quebecar Pierre the following week; the options were Lex Luger, the 1-2-3 Kid, Doink the Clown, and Marty Jannetty; Luger won in a landslide:

Ludvig Borga fought Scott Steiner to a double disqualification when a brawl ensued in the ring pitting Rick & Scott Steiner against Borga and the Quebecars; the Quebecars came ringside mid-way through the match which prompted Rick to do the same

Men on a Mission (w/ Oscar) defeated Corey Student & Steve Smith with the bulldog / splash double team

Crush fought Dan Dubiel to a no contest when Randy Savage, who did commentary for the broadcast, pushed Vince McMahon out of his way - knocking him to the ground - and attacked Crush from behind as he was making his way to the ring; officials eventually pulled the two men apart

Rick Martel defeated John Paul via submission with the Boston Crab

Bob Backlund vs. Barry Horowitz; during the match, Savage and Crush began another brawl and the cameras focused on them rather than the match in the ring; as the show came to a close, Savage and Crush were seen fighting outside the arena

11/15/93 - included an opening segment in which it was announced Randy Savage was suspended from commentary duties as a result of the previous week's brawl with Crush:

WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon pinned the Brooklyn Brawler with the Razor's Edge; during the bout, Vince McMahon announced that, due to legal troubles, Jerry Lawler would be replaced by Shawn Michaels at the Survivor Series

The Headshrinkers defeated Mike Bucci & Mike Moraldo following Fatu's splash off the top

Lex Luger pinned WWF Tag Team Champion Quebecar Pierre (w/ Johnny Polo) with a forearm blow after knocking Polo off the ring apron; after the bout, Jacques came out to try to revive his partner; Pierre was eventually taken from ringside on a stretcher; as a result of the incident, Pierre was taken out of the Survivor Series

Diesel pinned Sid Garrison with an elbow drop

Survivor Series Showdown - 11/21/93: Doink the Clown pinned Bastion Booger with a school boy roll up; after the bout, Doink poured tobasco sauce on Booger's pizza when he wasn't looking; moments later, Booger ate the pizza and sold the hot sauce as though it was burning his mouth

Survivor Series Showdown - 11/21/93: IRS pinned Marty Jannetty with the Write Off lariat

WWF @ Richfield, OH - Coliseum - June 25, 1989 (8,300)

Mark Young pinned Iron Mike Sharpe

The Barbarian pinned Jim Neidhart

Jimmy Snuka pinned the Honkytonk Man

WWF Tag Team Champions Demolition defeated the Big Bossman & Akeem via disqualification

Mr. Perfect pinned Koko B. Ware

Bad News Brown pinned Paul Roma

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan (w/ Miss Elizabeth) pinned Randy Savage; during the cover, Sensational Sherri attempted to break the pin but was prevented from doing so by Elizabeth

-------------------------------------

Not exactly a sterling lineup and sitting in the cheap seats didn't help. But being 6, who the hell cared? Of all things to remember, I recall them playing a lot of the entrance themes before the show . . . though come to think of it, they were probably just playing the Piledriver album over the PA.

My parents hauled me out of there during the main event to beat traffic. This would ordinarily cause me to go into a kicking screaming fit, but they did buy me the foam IC Title (or maybe that was when I went to a 1990 house show) and the Demolition poster. Either way, I had an official WWF souvenir so I was pleased as punch.

I'm sure I could hear Sharpe "ARGHing" from the upper deck.

WWF @ Philadelphia, PA - Spectrum - August 24, 1991

Jimmy Snuka pinned Col. Mustafa

Ricky Steamboat pinned Kato

The Bushwhackers defeated Hercules & Bob Bradley (sub. for Paul Roma) when Luke pinned Bradley

Bret Hart defeated Sgt. Slaughter via disqualification after Gen. Adnan threw powder in Hart's face

IRS pinned Virgil

The Mountie & the Natural Disasters defeated the Big Bossman & the Legion of Doom when Mountie pinned Bossman

The Ultimate Warrior defeated the Undertaker in a bodybag match

-------------------------------------------------------

Pretty average show looking back at the card now but I had a blast at the time. I don't remember too much from it other than being psyched to finally get a Bossman foam nightstick and somebody launching a full ice cream cone from the upper deck (I'm guessing) to our floor seats and it landing on my grandfather during Undertaker's entrance. This was two days before SummerSlam so it's kind of weird seeing Hart and Slaughter duke it out considering they were on opposite ends of the Spectrum (:lol:).

My first show was Feb 90, highlighted by a Cage match between Roddy Piper and Rick Rude.

My first live wrestling show was a Mid-Atlantic show in 1980 in Richmond Virginia. Among some of the wrestlers I had the chance to see were Dewey Robertson (later known as the Missing Link), then Mid-Atlantic tag team champions Matt Borne and Buzz Sawyer, the Masked Superstar, and Greg Valentine. They had a double main event...Rick Steamboat defending the Mid-Atlantic title against Jerry Brisco and the Iron Sheik vs. Ivan Koloff in a Russian chain match.

I've mentioned this before in another thread, but check out the first show I went to in Oct. 1992. It was literally the night after Shawn beat the Bulldog for the IC title and it shocked me to find he was the new IC champ.

WWF @ Louisville, KY - Louisville Gardens - October 28, 1992 (4,500; sell out)

Wrestling Challenge taping:

In a segment which was only televised on USWA TV in Feb. 1993, Howard Finkel attempted to introduce Kamala but was yelled at by Harvey Whippleman, with Kamala chopping Finkel and splashing him twice; Finkel was then taken from ringside on a stretcher and twice fell off it

Nailz defeated the Big Bossman

Herman the German defeated Louie Spicolli

Jim Powers defeated Brian Lee

Razor Ramon defeated Mark Morgan

The Berzerker pinned John Paul

Papa Shango defeated Jim Powers

Jeff Jarrett defeated Rick Martel (sub. for the Mountie)

Davey Boy Smith defeated Barry Horowitz

Davey Boy Smith defeated the Berzerker

Terry Taylor defeated Jim Brunzell

Razor Ramon defeated Randy Savage via count-out

Crush defeated Kevin Krueger via submission with the head vice

Marty Jannetty defeated Spike Jones

Rick Martel defeated Gary Jackson

WWF World Champion Bret Hart pinned Kamala (w/ Harvey Wippleman & Kimchee) with a roll up at 8:50 after the challenger accidentally knocked Kimchee off the ring apron; after the bout, Wippleman & Kimchee held Hart down for Kamala to splash the champion but Hart pulled Wippleman into the splash and then clotheslined Kamala to the floor (Smack'em Whack'em)

The Ultimate Warrior pinned Nailz (sub. for Ric Flair)

Prime Time Wrestling - 11/30/92: Tatanka defeated Papa Shango via disqualification at 5:54 after Shango attempted to use his voodoo stick to shoot Tatanka in the face with (UK Fan Favorites 93)

Prime Time Wrestling - 11/30/92: WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels pinned Virgil at 7:09 with the side suplex after the challenger hit the corner knee-first (Bashed in the USA, Wrestlefest 93, Best of the WWF: Battle of the WWF Superstars)

Prime Time Wrestling - 11/30/92: Yokozuna (w/ Mr. Fuji) pinned Mitch Bishop with the Bonzai Drop

Prime Time Wrestling - 12/7/92: Bob Backlund pinned Repo Man at 5:20 with a roll up into a bridge

Prime Time Wrestling - 12/14/92: Lance Cassidy pinned Skinner at 5:29 with a clothesline off the top

11/22/92 - included an opening segment showing footage from the previous Monday's Prime Time Wrestling of Randy Savage choosing Mr. Perfect to be his new partner at the Survivor Series, replacing the Ultimate Warrior, with Gene Okerlund then interviewing both men to discuss the match; featured a 'Special Report' segment focusing on new WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels; included footage of the Undertaker and Paul Bearer in their workshop, showing the completed casket to be used for Kamala at the Survivor Series, with Okerlund then interviewing Kamala, Harvey Whippleman, and Kimchee about the match; featured the announcement High Energy vs. the Headshrinkers and Yokozuna vs. Virgil would take place at the Survivor Series:

Jerry Saggs pinned Beau Beverly (w/ the Genius) at 4:39 with the flying elbowsmash; after the bout, Saggs attacked the Genius and gave him the pit stop in the ring

The Berzerker (w/ Mr. Fuji) pinned John Paul at 2:46 after picking his opponent up and dropping him to the mat; during the bout, Doink the Clown was shown in the audience

Bob Backlund pinned Brian Costello at 2:44 with a three-quarter nelson

Nailz defeated Gary Jackson via submission at 2:25 with a choke

Tatanka pinned Tom Stone at 2:38 with the Samoan Drop

11/29/92 - featured Gene Okerlund conducting a podium interview with WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels regarding Marty Jannetty, with Michaels noting Jannetty intentionally hit Sensational Sherri with his full length mirror a few weeks ago; Michaels then said he would get in touch with Sherri soon when he gets a chance; included a 'Special Report' segment showing footage of Ric Flair & Razor Ramon leaving the Richfield Coliseum after Survivor Series, with both men cutting a promo on Mr. Perfect; featured a promo from Reverend Slick:

WWF Tag Team Champions Ted Dibiase & IRS (w/ Jimmy Hart) defeated Rock Werner & George Anderson at 2:11 when IRS pinned Werner with the Write Off clothesline

Papa Shango pinned Jim Powers at 2:59 with the reverse shoulderbreaker; after the bout, Doink the Clown was shown in the audience

Crush defeated Brian Costello via submission with the head vice at 2:34

Yokozuna (w/ Mr. Fuji) pinned Buck Zumhoff at 1:55 with the Bonzai Drop

Lance Cassidy pinned the Brooklyn Brawler at 3:08 with a clothesline off the top

Max Moon pinned WT Jones at 2:15 with a reverse crossbody off the top

Razor Ramon pinned Mark Morgan at 2:26 with the Razor's Edge

12/6/92 - featured an opening segment showing highlights of WWF World Champion Bret Hart's recent title defences against the Berzerker, Papa Shango, and Virgil; included Gene Okerlund conducting an interview with Ric Flair in a restaurant in which Flair discussed his plans to regain the WWF World Title from Hart; included the Bam Bam Bigelow / Jerry Fox match from the previous week's WWF Superstars, shown in full; featured a promo from Reverend Slick; included a vignette, originally aired in 1988, showing Mr. Perfect playing different sports:

Crush defeated Kevin Kruger via submission at 2:06 with the head vice

The Headshrinkers (w/ Afa) defeated Dan Robbins & John Lars at 2:48 when Robbins submitted to Samu's modified STF following a double Russian legsweep; during the bout, Doink the Clown was shown in the audience

Virgil pinned Mike Kramer at 1:53 with a reverse Russian leg sweep

Damien Demento pinned Jim Brunzell at 1:55 with a kneedrop

Marty Jannetty pinned Spike Jones at 2:27 with the flying fistdrop

Rick Martel defeated Gary Jackson via submission at 2:22 with the Boston Crab; during the bout, Doink the Clown was shown in the entranceway

Results provided by Graham Cawthorne (who actually got them from me!)

WWF @ Champaign, IL - Assembly Hall - November 28, 1992

Jim Duggan vs. Razor Ramon did not take place as scheduled due to Duggan missing his flight

Tito Santana defeated an unknown

The Headshrinkers defeated the Natural Disasters

Damien Demento defeated Virgil

Tatanka defeated Papa Shango

WWF World Champion Bret Hart defeated Ric Flair

WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels defeated Marty Jannetty

I went with my cousin and father just days after the Survivor Series. My memory is a bit shaky, but a few things still stand out. I remember Earthquake being the most massive motherfucker I'd ever seen. I don't remember much about the workrate (I didn't even know what workrate was at the age of eleven), but it was a real treat seeing my hero Bret Hart in their against another guy that I really enjoyed in Ric Flair. I'm sure that if either participant were to see what I saw they would have nothing but bad things to say, but I loved it. I even got to slap Bret Hart's hand as he made his way around the ring after the match, and have, in fact, not washed it since. As a huge Rockers mark who flipped out when Jannetty had returned just weeks earlier (at Cabbageboy's first show, ironically), I really enjoyed his match with Michaels. Then came the main event, which was to be one of my favorites in Hacksaw Jim Duggan. My cousin and I lined up near the guardrail, holding the foam 2x4 that I purchased during intermission, and waited for ol' Hacksaw to come out to the ring and beat up Razor Ramon. Then, to my horror, the ring announcer delivered the news that Duggan had missed his flight from Chicago and the match would not take place. That's how the show ended. WWF wouldn't return to the Assembly Hall until five years later.

WWF @ New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden - December 5, 2000

Charlie & Russ Haas defeated the Mean Street Posse

Essa Rios pinned Chris Chetti

Sunday Night Heat - only shown internationally:

Tazz defeated Crash Holly via submission with the Tazzmission

D-Lo Brown & Chaz (w/ Tiger Ali Singh) defeated Too Cool when Chaz pinned Grandmaster Sexay after Sexay sustained D-Lo's Sky High

Perry Saturn (w/ Terri & Eddie Guerrero) pinned Taka Michinoku (w/ Sho Funaki)

Chris Benoit pinned WWF Hardcore Champion Steve Blackman in a non-title match by using the ropes for leverage

Smackdown! - featured Vince McMahon telling Linda he wanted a divorce:

Val Venis & WWF Women's Champion Ivory defeated WWF IC Champion Billy Gunn & Chyna when Venis pinned Chyna after Ivory hit Chyna with the Women's title belt as Gunn was distracted by Chris Benoit at ringside

Molly Holly defeated Trish Stratus via disqualification when Trish hit Molly with a trash can lid; due to prematch stipulations, Molly became the #1 contender to the Women's title

Chris Jericho & Hardcore Holly defeated Kane & WWF European Champion William Regal when Regal submitted to a sleeper by Holly

The Road Dogg & K-Kwick defeated Edge & Christian when Road Dogg pinned Edge after Edge sustained a spin kick from Kwick

WWF World Champion Kurt Angle, Steve Austin, the Rock, and the Undertaker fought to a no contest when Triple H and Rikishi interfered and a brawl ensued involving all six men, with Triple H remaining as the last man standing

I met Mick Foley afterwards.

WWF @ Davis, CA - February 13, 2000 (7,996)

WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Essa Rios defeated Sho Funaki

Joey Abs defeated the Brooklyn Brawler

Too Cool defeated the Headbangers

Bradshaw defeated Steve Blackman

Farooq defeated Al Snow

Matt & Jeff Hardy defeated the Dudley Boyz

WWF IC Champion Chris Jericho defeated Hardcore Holly

The Rock & Rikishi defeated WWF World Champion Triple H & X-Pac

I remember going with my best friend and his family and then going to school the next morning wearing my Finally, The Rock has come back to Davis shirt.

Can't believe I actually found this. I still have pictures from this show!

WWF @ Augusta, GA - Civic Center - May 18, 1990 (3,300)

Al Perez pinned Paul Roma

Tugboat pinned Black Bart with a splash

Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty defeated the Orient Express via count-out

Brutus Beefcake defeated the Genius via submission with the sleeper

Jake Roberts pinned Bad News Brown with the DDT

Paul Diamond pinned Jerry Price with a gordbuster

WWF World Champion the Ultimate Warrior pinned WWF IC Champion Mr. Perfect

I remember the Rockers vs Orient Express match fairly well. The Rockers lost when Shawn took a handful of salt to the eyes from Mr. Fuji. While I don't remember much about the Brutus Beefcake match, I have pictures of him making his entrance, and Genius reading a poem in the ring. The Ultimate Warrior vs Mr Perfect match was a lot of fun.

My first live show was a house-show from 94...shortly before Survivor Series that year.

I remember there were a few matches...Diesel vs. Fatu was one of them (Diesel won)...Tatanka vs. Luger (count-out). Backland did an in-ring segment. Double main event was Bret Hart defending the title against Jim Neidhart...and an Undertaker/Yokozuna casket match (Taker won)...fun part about that was that Mr. Fuji or James Cornette (don't remember which) interferred...Paul Bearer took off his jacket and seemed to want to fight one of them.

After that, my next show wouldn't be until 2002...a Smackdown where The Rock returned...Hogan and Edge had won the tag titles the week before.

I remember the Rockers vs Orient Express match fairly well. The Rockers lost when Shawn took a handful of salt to the eyes from Mr. Fuji. While I don't remember much about the Brutus Beefcake match, I have pictures of him making his entrance, and Genius reading a poem in the ring. The Ultimate Warrior vs Mr Perfect match was a lot of fun.

Where did you find that listing?

After that, my next show wouldn't be until 2002...a Smackdown where The Rock returned...Hogan and Edge had won the tag titles the week before.

I went to that, too. I was sitting along the aisle with my two brothers, one of which brought a Hogan sign. When Hogan came out for the rematch with Billy & Chuck, he grabbed the sign and played it like a guitar. Of course, when we went to watch it on TV later in the week, just as Hogan approached us... "Let's recap what happened last week!". And then he's already in the ring.

Where did you find that listing?

The History of WWE

I went to the third ever Thunder taping in Huntsville, the infamous episode where The Giant TORE THE RING DOWN~! (by pulling a cord hidden under it that caused the posts to collapse inward). My dad, who did not want to be there, was pretty worried he was going to tip the ring over on us. We had sixth row seats at ringside (Raven walked right past us) and couldn't see the whole lever thing until we watched the tape at home. Here's the card.

WCW Thunder: January 22, 1998

Scott Steiner vs. Konnan, nWo/Rick Steiner/Ray Traylor come out, INT- Kevin Nash, Chavo Guerrero Jr./Super Calo vs. Silver King/La Parka, Saturn attacks Rick Martel backstage, Dean Malenko vs. Marty Jannetty, Bill Goldberg vs. Kendall Windham, INT- Scott Hall/Louie Spicolli/Larry Zbyszko, Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho/Dean Malenko/Chris Benoit come out, Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit, INT- Hollywood Hogan/Eric Bischoff, Saturn vs. Rick Martel, Giant vs. Scott Hall, Hollywood Hogan/Randy Savage/Lex Luger/Kevin Nash come out.

USWA @ Memphis, TN - Mid-South Coliseum - August 23, 1993

American Eagle & Billy McCallahan defeated the Hawk & Leon Downs

Miss Texas defeated Luna Vachon

The Dog Catchers fought the Moondogs to a no contest

Brian Christopher defeated Chris Adams; due to prematch stipulations, Christopher earned Toni Adams

PG-13 defeated Jimmy Valiant & Super Mario

Jeff Jarrett defeated the Vampire Warrior

Jerry Lawler defeated Paul Neighbors in a stretcher match after hitting five piledrivers; prior to the bout, Vince McMahon & Pat Patterson came ringside, with McMahon cutting a heel promo on Lawler and his fans; Lawler and McMahon had several confrontations at ringside during the match; after the bout, as Neighbors was placed on the stretcher, Lawler shot a fireball in his face

Lex Luger defeated WWF World Champion Yokozuna in a non-title match

I met the Moondogs and Miss Texas.

I didn't know King was a face in Memphis, so I got dirty looks when I chanted Burger King. I think he legally killed Paul Neighbors, who was doing a heel ref gimmick.

WWE (Smackdown!) @ Sheffield, England - Sheffield Arena - October 27, 2002

Sho Funaki pinned Albert with a roll up

Shannon Moore, Chuck Palumbo, & Bill DeMott defeated Ron Simmons, D-Von Dudley, & Crash Holly when DeMott pinned Crash when the momentum of a flying crossbody put DeMott on top

Billy Kidman pinned Chavo Guerrero Jr. with a modified bulldog

John Cena pinned Val Venis with a powerbomb and using the ropes for leverage

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jamie Noble pinned Tajiri with a roll up and using the tights for leverage

WWE Smackdown! Tag Team Champions Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit defeated Edge & Rey Mysterio Jr. when Benoit pinned Mysterio after Eddie & Chavo Guerrero Jr. interfered and Mysterio was hit with one of the tag belts

Torrie Wilson defeated Dawn Marie in a Bra & Panties match

Booker T & Rikishi defeated WWE World Champion Brock Lesnar & Matt Hardy when Rikishi pinned Hardy with the Rikishi Driver after avoiding the Twist of Fate

I'd forgotten half these matches, though curiously I could remember all the participants in the 6 man tag, including the finish.

My First:

WWF @ Boston, MA - Boston Garden - March 21, 1993 (matinee) (6,000)

Jim Powers defeated Repo Man

Virgil defeated Reno Riggins

Terry Taylor defeated Jim Brunzell

Scott Steiner defeated WWF Tag Team Champion IRS

Tatanka defeated Doink the Clown via disqualification

Jerry Lawler defeated Tito Santana

WWF World Champion Bret Hart & Mr. Perfect defeated Razor Ramon & Lex Luger

and last:

WWF @ Boston, MA - FleetCenter - February 26, 2002

Spike Dudley defeated Sho Funaki

Sunday Night Heat:

Rikishi defeated Perry Saturn; Jackie was the guest referee for the bout

Test defeated the Hurricane

Rob Van Dam defeated Lance Storm

Edge defeated Mr. Perfect via disqualification at 3:53 when Perfect brought a steel chair into the ring; after the bout, Edge dropped Perfect with the spear (Edge: A Decade of Decadence)

Smackdown!:

WWF Women's Champion Jazz (sub. for Stacy Keibler) & the Dudley Boyz defeated Lita, Matt & Jeff Hardy when Jazz pinned Lita after Stacy interfered

The Big Show defeated WWF IC Champion William Regal in a non-title match

WWF Hardcore Champion Maven defeated Goldust

Al Snow fought the Undertaker to a no contest

Goldust pinned WWF Hardcore Champion Maven to win the title as the champion was backstage receiving medical treatment

Booker T defeated Scotty 2 Hotty

Triple H & Kane defeated WWF World Champion Chris Jericho & Kurt Angle