TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

21 States Claiming Sovereignty

http://www.mrstep.com/politics/az-wa-mo-nh...ng-sovereignty/

*** 21 States already are, are now claiming, or are planning for declaration of sovereignty. ***

NOTE: Soveriegnty is NOT the same as Secession.

Wow… it will be interesting to see how this turns out… it’s about time people started stepping up and speaking out. As people have pointed out in comments, all of these (except for HI) are explicit restatements of what has always been in place, but not necessarily enforced, as detailed by the 10th Amendment. HI is actually aiming for total sovereignty as it is claimed that HI was never really a state of the U.S. to begin with. However, I believe the intent of these bills is to let the federal government know that the states’ sovereignty will not be overwritten… say in case certain gun ban laws get passed… or other “War Time / Martial Law” type plans come into play. Check them out:

States That Already Are Sovereign / Passed 10th Amendement Restatement Legislature:

- California (CA): [CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO and HERE - result: PASS]

- Texas (TX): [THIS WEBSITE] has some good info on the Republic of Texas

States Claiming Sovereignty:

- Arizona (AZ): [CLICK HERE]

- Georgia (GA): [CLICK HERE]

- Hawaii (HI): [General info: HERE or HERE -- SCOTUS Case: HERE for docket & HERE or HERE for summary]

- Michigan (MI): [CLICK HERE]

- Missouri (MO): [hr 212 replaced by 2 bills! CLICK HERE for more info]

- Montana (MT): [CLICK HERE]

- New Hampshire (NH): [CLICK HERE]

- Oklahoma (OK): [CLICK HERE]

- Washington (WA): [CLICK HERE]

I knew things were a bit bad in America, as it is in most of the world at the moment, but this seems a bit crazy. States within America wanting more power to directly control their own affairs? Sounds INSANE.

Obviously it loses some credibility that I can only find anything about this on various conspiracy websites. Anyone else heard anything about this?

I can say from personal experience that Hawaii's sovereignty movement is a) a joke, and b) unsupported by the state legislature.

From what I understand, they're trying to pass some sort of law (based on the constitution) to have more direct control on how they manage their state. So, even if Congress passed a law, they (the state) could go say 'no thanks' and make its own law up. Seems really confusing and just a bit insane.

Two points:

1) I call bullshit on this article.

2) I call bullshit on most state's rights advocacy on general principle. Hey, everybody, we need freedom from the federal government by give near-dictatorial powers to state governments! I'm not against states wanting greater control over how it spends education funds or protection from unfunded mandates, but when states rights is used as a rallying cry to deprive individuals of constitutional rights and freedoms (which still happens a hell of a lot), there's a problem.

Yeah, that's why I was asking if anyone had actually heard anything about this. The only places I can seem to find any information are on radical conspiracy sites that just want to blow up the world so the NWO can't have power. They're a great source for comedy.

I don't like agreeing with Jerk but I do on his point 2. I've never understood how some people in the libertarian community (hi Tom Woods!) can follow the states' rights canard. You're either for freedom/liberty or not, and cloaking totalitarianism in the word "Alabama' rather than 'USA' is still the same long distance from freedom.

I'm not sure this is the move that will save Jennifer Granholm's legacy.

Maybe she can be appointed Commerce Secretary, then the national media can fawn over her and we can have debates over whether she's hotter than Sarah Palin.

Frankly, I trust the federal government way more than I would trust, say, Alaska's. I'd much rather my life be in the hands of the US military or FBI than, say, the Alabama State Police. Screw federalism, I say.