TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE No Way Out 2009

Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship:

John Cena © vs. Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kane vs. Mike Knox vs. Kofi Kingston

Elimination Chamber for the WWE Championship:

Edge © vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H vs. The Big Show vs. Vald Kozlov vs. The Undertaker

ECW Championship:

Jack Swagger © vs. Finlay

"All or Nothing" Freedom vs. Paid Slavery match:

Shawn Michaels vs. JBL

No-Holds Barred Match:

Randy Orton vs. Shane McMahon

Shawn Michaels vs. JBL

George Washington interferes to free Shawn Michaels. I wonder if at any time they even considered having a black worker being the 'slave' - Michael Hayes I'm looking at you!

John Cena © vs. Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kane vs. Mike Knox vs. Kofi Kingston

The most underwhelming Elimination Chamber line up so far? Mike Knox hasn't really done much at all since appearing apart from attacking Rey, Kofi has flirted with the idea of being in the upper card... I guess they are this years Chris Masters and Carlito.

Predictions:

This match is the closest thing to filler an EC match has ever been. The one guy anyone would buy at all winning the title is Jericho and he's got this Flair/Rourke thing going. Cena will retain, though who he faces at WM is yet to be determined.

Elimination Chamber for the WWE Championship:

Edge © vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H vs. The Big Show vs. Vald Kozlov vs. The Undertaker

This is a much tougher call. The odds of both champs retaining are slim it would seem, so that would indicate a title change. Putting it on Show makes no sense and wouldn't be any good. Kozlov...bleh. Jeff is feuding with Matt, so no. UT just doesn't feel like a guy who goes to WM with the belt. So that leaves HHH.

ECW Championship:

Jack Swagger © vs. Finlay

This match is mostly on the card to feature Swagger. He'll win clean and Christian likely will at least show up to do something just to let people know he is in fact back.

Shawn Michaels vs. JBL

There is a school of thought that JBL should win here and HBK will win a final blowoff at WM, but it doesn't make much sense to do this match now and then again at WM. WWE, do the logical thing here and simply let Michaels win and celebrate with his wife, then go on to face Taker at WM.

No-Holds Barred Match:

Randy Orton vs. Shane McMahon

Whoever loses, I win. Obviously Orton needs to go over here and Shane will take some sort of sick bump. Some may ponder a Steph heel turn but if she joins Legacy what exactly does that even mean? As in where do they go with it? Would Orton be nailing her or would it be another lame Jericho 2002 "We're business associates" angle? It's easier to let Orton smear Shane, Steph freaks out and HHH comes to her aid.

I think it would be great if Steph turned, joined Legacy at No Way Out. On Raw, they admit the Orton was banging Steph and she ensured he didn't get fired, all that.

Then Orton punts her after winning the belt at WM and says he banged her to use her position to keep Legacy going on Raw, eliminate Vince and Shane and win the belt. It plays into Orton's character and draws us back to him nailing Kelly and never calling her back a month or so back. That takes the McMahons off TV for a bit, or if they wish, they can bring HHH over in the draft for revenge. I would prefer the latter, but there are a few possibilities from there.

I think it would be great if Steph turned, joined Legacy at No Way Out. On Raw, they admit the Orton was banging Steph and she ensured he didn't get fired, all that.

Then Orton punts her after winning the belt at WM and says he banged her to use her position to keep Legacy going on Raw, eliminate Vince and Shane and win the belt. It plays into Orton's character and draws us back to him nailing Kelly and never calling her back a month or so back. That takes the McMahons off TV for a bit, or if they wish, they can bring HHH over in the draft for revenge. I would prefer the latter, but there are a few possibilities from there.

Terrible. Just terrible.

I hope Shane gets a punt to the head tonight.

That's all I'm relly hoping for.

I'm kind of glad that (hopefully) the JBL/HBK stuff is going to be coming to an end tonight too. I'm afraid that if it kept going, it would get stale.

I assume there's a 6th match. Even with two ECs, didn't last year's show have 6 matches?

I'm going go out on a limb and predict they'll add a 6 tag 'bonus match' - Punk and The Colons vs. Benjamin/Miz/Morrison, or maybe even an 8 man tag with MVP and Regal balancing it out.

Terrible. Just terrible.

I agree. The McMahon-Orton Regime? Ugh. If Steph does turn (which I don't think should happen), it should be at Mania during Orton-HHH.

They are previewing a Beth Phoenix / Melina Women's Title match in today's Observer update so I presume that's the last match added to the show (although nothing on WWE.com about it)

Nope, now that he's the Intercontinental Champion, it means no more pay-per-views for him.

Proving once again that WWE still doesn't give a shit about the IC title.

I'd predict the 6 or 8-Man tag match as well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it left at only five matches. They could always just give more time to the EC matches, or devote time to an angle/promo with anyone left off (probably Christian).

should be a good show! I can't wait for the hbk/jbl blowoff (well hopefully it's a blowoff) and the chamber matches are always good

between tonight and tomorrow night, the Wrestlemania landscape will become lots more clear :headbang:

If there was going to be a McMahon injection into the main event angles, it should have been Shane McMahon joined up with Legacy against Stephanie/Hunter. Stephanie with Legacy will suck. At least Shane would only have a part time television role, whereas Stephanie will write herself to be THE centerpiece of the angle.

This card does nothing for me - HHH or Big Show winning the title will suck, and Edge keeping the title is blah because he doesn't have any fresh competitor to feud with.

What would save the show for me is to have Pete Gas and Rodney come out with Shane to neutralize Rhodes and Dibiase. And just when you think Orton outsmarted his rivals again when Harry Smith re-debuts to give the Legacy the numbers advantage Joey Abs and the never before seen Willie Green enter from the crowd to rout the Legacy.

(no not really)

I don't get why everyone is so against The Big Show taking the belt tonight. Sure, the WWE Title has been passed around a lot in the past few months, but Edge vs. Triple H at Wrestlemania just isn't very appealing. We know Trips is walking out of Mania with the belt anyways, so why not make it a triple threat? Big Show deserves one more title reign and a big match at Wrestlemania.

I don't get why everyone is so against The Big Show taking the belt tonight. Sure, the WWE Title has been passed around a lot in the past few months, but Edge vs. Triple H at Wrestlemania just isn't very appealing. We know Trips is walking out of Mania with the belt anyways, so why not make it a triple threat? Big Show deserves one more title reign and a big match at Wrestlemania.

I did that last year...against Mayweather.

So tonight should go a ways toward determining whether they're going with the two fairly obvious WM championship matches (Cena/Orton and HHH/Edge) or not. Like everyone else, I expect Cena to retain and HHH to win tonight. And hopefully Orton smears Shane to close out what's been a pretty crappy chapter to what started out as a promising angle.

The only thing that could make this Orton v Shane thing any worse, if it even went anywhere near a 'Finger Poke of Doom' moment between them, Shane aligns with them, and says he did it to get the 'old man' out of the way.

I figured one of the EC matches would open, but I thought it would definitely be Raw since SD has more main eventers.

When's the last time Undertaker was the first person out at a PPV?