TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE No Way Out 2009

Ugh. Why hold off on the punt? There better be an angle later in the evening. I'll be severely pissed if they wait until RAW for it - reward the people who buy your PPVs!

Again... the ankle got worked. It would be incredibly stupid for Orton to go for the punt on an injured ankle. It's not like he's the face with nothing to lose, he has a Wrestlemania title shot to worry about, why injure himself further?

Re: Swagger.

It's all about the Lisp.

Ugh. Why hold off on the punt? There better be an angle later in the evening. I'll be severely pissed if they wait until RAW for it - reward the people who buy your PPVs!

Again... the ankle got worked. It would be incredibly stupid for Orton to go for the punt on an injured ankle. It's not like he's the face with nothing to lose, he has a Wrestlemania title shot to worry about, why injure himself further?

It's all about the Lisp.

But why book him to injure his ankle? Part of the allure of the match was seeing Shane get punted. I can understand making it a competitive match - no one wants to see a squash on PPV - but why not book a punting on the PPV people paid for!

What do people see in Swagger again exactly?

He's a good wrestler with charisma and an awesome smile?

Charisma? I'm willing to bend on the 'good wrestler' part, he's green but capable. Charisma though? I've yet to see it.

Thought the EC match and Shane/Orton were both pretty good stuff. Was amazed how long they have the opener, and how weird was it that it WAS the opener? They certainly wrestled main event style. Could have and maybe should have been saved for the end. In the street fight, the hardway blood with Orton, as well as Orton's selling, really made it. That ECW title match, however, was worthless.

The match itself wasn't bad. It's just that it accomplished nothing. There was nothing we hadn't seen from Shane before, Orton looked no stronger for winning how he did and since Shane's not a full-time wrestler any momentum he might have gained is and was pointless.

That'd be a brilliant plan. Marty Janeatty needs money.

And Shawn with the Child Killing Crossface early on.

The match itself wasn't bad. It's just that it accomplished nothing. There was nothing we hadn't seen from Shane before, Orton looked no stronger for winning how he did and since Shane's not a full-time wrestler any momentum he might have gained is and was pointless.

Considering they announced Shane was in and out of consciousness and needed to be rushed to the hospital, I would say the idea was to make look Orton stronger than before. I actually thought Orton really got some great heat in that match, he came off like a huge star to me. So what, it was a competitive match, Orton still got the last laugh and was put over clean. The idea was accomplished that Shane has been taken out just like Vince was.

Thank god this match wasn't saved for Mania, this has been a really dull one, not nearly the intensity or heat it should be, given everything.

I'm sure Shawn's wife is a lovely person, but I dislike that they are relying on her acting skills to get the emotion of this match over by showing her every twenty seconds.

It's all about the Lisp.

But why book him to injure his ankle? Part of the allure of the match was seeing Shane get punted. I can understand making it a competitive match - no one wants to see a squash on PPV - but why not book a punting on the PPV people paid for!

I know it's suspension of disbelief, but if I was in a match with Randy Orton the first thing I would do would probably be go after his right foot/ankle. And I wouldn't stop till he was hobbling around like James Caan in Misery.