TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE No Way Out 2009

It's amazing really. The moment Kofi got taken out the main event went from potentially one of the most lacklustre main-events in recent memory to one of the best Chamber matches ever.

Rest of the PPV was very average, but the main event saved it.

Edge was amazing.

Unfuckingbelievable. This show officially sucks balls. What I can't figure out is why they would do Orton vs Trips at Wrestlemania after they went to all the trouble of setting up the Legacy only to move Orton to Smackdown.

I don't think he's moving to smackdown, they'll just do a cross brand storyline.

Remember, he who wins the Rumble may challenge any brands champion. (Unless the WWE forgot about this rule.)

That was an awesome ending, but Edge winning again is kind of lame.

If we get HHH v. Orton and Edge v. Cena, then Choken One's booking comes true. And it still sucks.

Who do they have as heels on Smackdown with Edge going back to Raw? Unless Raw just doesn't have a champion until after the draft when Trips goes back. Cause there's no way in hell Trips is jobbing to Orton at Wrestlemania.

If the match wasn't good, this would be WCW levels of bad

Yeah, it was almost at WCW level of being overly contrived booking, but Edge taking initiative and blasting the shit out of Kofi and then quickly rushing into a pod and closing the door worked so well on so many levels.

The show as a whole was pretty average. Both EC matches were decent, with hot finishes, but the matches in between weren't particularly strong.

If the match wasn't good, this would be WCW levels of bad

How so? Edge's Ultimate Opportunist gimmick is over big and this was just another successful use of it. They even went to the trouble of setting up the reason Edge could jump into the match un-announced and not have anything done about it.

the booking for Mania should be interesting as the title has been changing hands so much.

I can't see Hunter jobbing again at Mania (only if they do something like having Steph turn on him)

Edge really should go over Cena

I doubt Edge or Triple H are coming to Raw nor is Orton going to SD. Or at least not permanently. It's just another belt switch. Edge retains at WM against Cena, Rey or whoever, while Triple H loses to Orton, who both remain on their current shows.

Anyone think they may do something to force Orton to give up his title shot and then faces Vince at Wrestlemania and if he loses he's fired? With the way the Smackdown chamber ended I wouldn't be surprised to see Taker vs HHH with the streak vs the title for the 3rd year in a row. As for Michaels? No idea.

That was a great match and storyline swerve with Edge getting the other belt back. Could this be HHH/Edge in a unification match then at Mania? Otherwise, quite frankly, I think Rey/Edge for the WHC would be great. HHH/Orton would then be the WWE title match and it's starting to look like that is what will happen there, which would leave Cena open for.....all that would even make a lick of sense is Austin or something big like that. Honestly, HHH/Orton, Rey/Edge, Taker/HBK, Jericho/Rourke, and Cena/Austin being the top five matches at Mania would be pretty good on paper.

Solid enough show for sure, the first two matches were given a hell of a lot of time and I think they were both very solid stuff and the main event EC match was even better than those two. The ECW title match and HBK/JBL, though, were very standard.