TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE No Way Out 2009

Has Edge ever won a title that didn't involve him being the Ultimate Opportunist?

No, and honestly the bit is old, but Rey made me care.

Edge being an asshole and snaking his way to a title will never get old. Challenge the champ after a grueling match? Check. Beatdown an inferior competitor and take their spot? Check. It's always awesome.

Has Edge ever won a title that didn't involve him being the Ultimate Opportunist?

Yeah, Edge was great, but Rey was definately the 'MVP' of the match if you like.

I forget the finish of the Edge vs. Cena vs. RVD match.

Edge (w/ Lita) defeated WWE / ECW World Champion Rob Van Dam and John Cena in a No DQ match to win the WWE World Title at 11:16 by pinning RVD after hitting Cena in the head with the title belt immediately after Cena dropped the champion with the FU.

I could be crazy, but I'm thinking we may see a HHH vs. Edge - title unification match or something of that sort at WrestleMania, and then a continuation of the Orton/McMahon angle, with the McMahons getting the one guy they despise more than Orton to take him out . . . Steve Austin. Austin provokes Orton to the point of him giving up his title shot at WM. Probably no chance in hell of this being the scenario, but this has thrown a pretty big wrench into what we "thought" were the obvious WM main events . . . that leaves Cena without an opponent, so maybe HE gets Undertaker?

Edge being an asshole and snaking his way to a title will never get old. Challenge the champ after a grueling match? Check. Beatdown an inferior competitor and take their spot? Check. It's always awesome.

It was awesome tonight because of Cena and Rey.

It wasn't awesome at Survivor Series or The Rumble.

It was awesome tonight because of Cena and Rey.

It wasn't awesome at Survivor Series or The Rumble.

Anyone think they may do something to force Orton to give up his title shot and then faces Vince at Wrestlemania and if he loses he's fired? With the way the Smackdown chamber ended I wouldn't be surprised to see Taker vs HHH with the streak vs the title for the 3rd year in a row. As for Michaels? No idea.

Plus you have the built in story of how they met at the only other Wrestlemania in Houston.

Seems like a flashback to 1999 with all these title changes they've been having recently.

The idea of Edge stealing ANOTHER title is pretty funny though, even if it may be starting to get old.

LOL their spots are so obvious it's funny. Standard finish though with those 2, mad respect = I let you get out of my finisher and have a 2nd put you down.

Does Taker have any other way of doing the Last Ride besides the punches in the corner? What a stale wrestler

You love Cena and hate Taker

You are one of a kind....

LOL their spots are so obvious it's funny. Standard finish though with those 2, mad respect = I let you get out of my finisher and have a 2nd put you down.

Does Taker have any other way of doing the Last Ride besides the punches in the corner? What a stale wrestler

Cena's never had a reign of terror like Taker did in 2001. Also, Cena is much better in the ring than Taker.

I always thought they were in about the same league myself(Cena and Taker). That's a judgement in talent that might be a bit close to call.

What about Jericho vs Austin at WM I read somewhere that Austin said that Jericho is one of a few people he trusts to get get in the ring with. have Jericho come out on Raw and talk trash about Ric Flair a few weeks later Austin comes out and tells Jericho he should respect Flair Jericho then challenges Austin which he accepts.

What about Jericho vs Austin at WM I read somewhere that Austin said that Jericho is one of a few people he trusts to get get in the ring with. have Jericho come out on Raw and talk trash about Ric Flair a few weeks later Austin comes out and tells Jericho he should respect Flair Jericho then challenges Austin which he accepts.

If Austin wrestles again in any way I think they should use it like they should if Taker's streak ever ends. Put over someone who can be a major player for the next decade or so. Jericho doesn't need the rub. Plus I don't really buy anti-establishment Austin going to bat for the guy who fired him from WCW all those years ago.

No he's not. Cena is awesome, and Taker is boring.

Hmm. From No Way Out tonight...Edge/Cena is likely, as is HHH/Orton.

For all the talk about Austin, Piper, and Flair facing Jericho if Rourke pulls out completely...eh, I'd still rather have Jericho/Taker. It's new, it gives Jericho a REALLY high profile match...yeah we'll know the streak isn't ending, but it'd make sense in a way. Rourke or Flair hire Taker to give Jericho a Respect lesson for the Legends.

...or maybe that's just me wanting just ONE one on one match between the two. I was given a little taste at the Rumble, I want more.

Cena's never had a reign of terror like Taker did in 2001. Also, Cena is much better in the ring than Taker.

That comment should warrent an immediate and permenant bad.

I really hope that was a sacrastic comment

I get disliking a certain wrestler, but that statement is insane! Taker works circles around Cena

No he's not. Cena is awesome, and Taker is boring.

Cena is boring , sloppy and predictible.

Is this forum full of 14 yr old girls ?

goldengreek is my favourite poster.

Not in the slightest, Cena can seemingly have a fun match out of anyone, and rarely stinks up the joint. But you hate Cena and that's fine.

Cena is boring , sloppy and predictible.

Is this forum full of 14 yr old girls ?

Taker's not predictable? When Cole was calling Smackdown, his matches seemed like an excuse for Cole to go: Vintage Undertaker? How many matches does someone punch Taker in the corner?

Given your posts, you're one to talk about people posting like teenagers.

Correction Taker _can_ work circles around Cena, but is also more likely to be lazy as fuck in the ring and be bland and boring. Taker's matches are just as formulaic as Cena's are, if not more so.

Add to the fact that Taker no sells a ton (it's his gimmick I know) and Cena has yet to have a God awful match in his career of which Taker has plenty (not his fault, you can't drag a good match out of Giant Gonzalez).

You don't like Cena, we get it.

And bob? I'm issuing you a "bad" for your statement. Bad bob.... bad.

goldengreek is my favourite poster.

Not in the slightest, Cena can seemingly have a fun match out of anyone, and rarely stinks up the joint. But you hate Cena and that's fine.

I dont hate Cena. He bores me. Altough its not entirely his fault since they have diminished his moveset. I enjoyed his ringwork his first 2 years with the company.

Now he is sloppy, tired, and repetitive.

I dont hate Taker. He bores me. Altough its not entirely his fault since they have diminished his moveset. I enjoyed his ringwork his first 2 years with the company.

Now he is sloppy, tired, and repetitive.

Yeah... that's the stuff.

Correction Taker can work circles around Cena, but is also more likely to be lazy as fuck in the ring and be bland and boring.

I don't see it. I can't think of any amazing match that Taker has had that really blows Cena away.

He bores me. Altough its not entirely his fault since they have diminished his moveset. I enjoyed his ringwork his first 2 years with the company.

Cena was pretty bad for a while, but got better around 2004-2005. I think working with Angle a lot helped him.