TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE No Way Out 2009

Correction Taker can work circles around Cena, but is also more likely to be lazy as fuck in the ring and be bland and boring.

I don't see it. I can't think of any amazing match that Taker has had that really blows Cena away.

He bores me. Altough its not entirely his fault since they have diminished his moveset. I enjoyed his ringwork his first 2 years with the company.

Cena was pretty bad for a while, but got better around 2004-2005. I think working with Angle a lot helped him.

Some of Taker's late 90's stuff is pretty damn awesome. Plus I'm a blind mark for his dive over the top rope he busts out everyonce and awhile. Taker's best is better than Cena's best at this point, but he also has lower lows, and a larger selection of matches to pull from.

I'd say Taker/Foley Hell in the Cell is beyond anything Cena's really done at this point, but Cena will more likely than not have an iconic match like that in his career.

Wow, certainly a wild and unpredictable PPV. I should have known something was up when the obvious main event (SD EC match) went on first, but I attributed that for a while as them just having that much of a Cena fetish so he had to main event. I actually thought maybe Edge had an injury that no one knew about and thus he had to lose quickly. That was a great opener though, unexpected and interesting aside from the slightly boring Show/Kozlov beating of poor Jeff.

The amusing aspect of people joking about Edge vs. Orton being impossible is that the two had a damn good match on Raw in early 2007. That match was easily better than any match Orton has had with HHH, and probably better than most of the matches Edge has had with Cena.

But when it comes down to it, what did they really set up tonight? Orton vs. HHH for the 100th time? Cena vs. Edge for the 100th time? The first seems inevitable, but the latter match doesn't actually make much sense considering Cena really wasn't screwed out of the title tonight per se (Jericho and Rey hit finishers on him so he was likely toast regardless). I can see a brief Edge/Kofi feud coming of this, with Rey as well waiting. Those are the two guys Edge royally screwed tonight.

JBL/HBK was a boring match until the fun finish, though after all they hype about a DQ does anyone else wonder if JBL will mention that Rebecca slapped him and caused a momentum shift in the match and thus Michaels should have been DQ'd.

I really enjoyed the show, with the clear highlight being the expression on Edge's face after he pinned Cena. Both Chamber matches were great, Orton/Shane was okay for what it was (although I fail to see the point in having Shane look so strong), and the other two matches were far from bad. But, yeah, as someone who doesn't watch Smackdown very often, the prospect of Edge being on Raw for a while is pretty exciting.

Some of Taker's late 90's stuff is pretty damn awesome. Plus I'm a blind mark for his dive over the top rope he busts out everyonce and awhile. Taker's best is better than Cena's best at this point, but he also has lower lows, and a larger selection of matches to pull from.

I'd say Taker/Foley Hell in the Cell is beyond anything Cena's really done at this point, but Cena will more likely than not have an iconic match like that in his career.

See goldengreek, notice how Mazto actually gives examples.

HIAC is iconic, but that's more Mick Foley than the Undertaker.

No one remembers them like they do Taker's legendary matches (with HBK and Foley, etc) but I loved Cena v. Umaga at the RR. That was a war.

Regarding Taker v. Angle, the match they had in September 03 was fantastic.

(The following rant is assuming HHH/Orton & Edge/Cena take place at Mania)

WWE is getting stale on the top of the card.

While HHH vs. Orton & Edge vs. Cena are certainly big-time matches, I've seen these bouts too many times before. Orton/HHH since 2004 and Edge/Cena since 2006.

It lacks that "Only at Wrestlemania" feel I would get from past main events.

This would make an awesome Unforgiven...and, upon inspection, indeed both these matches have main evented Unforgiven before.

With the exception of Taker, the same four wrestlers are back for the two big Championship matches at Mania for the 2nd year in a row.

Sure, WWE took chances this year. You can give Punk, Jericho & Jeff Hardy the World Titles the rest of the year but, at Mania, they just don't trust anybody else anymore.

Taker & HBK don't need title matches. Batista will probably get injured again this time next year.

That being said, I wonder which combo of HHH/Orton/Edge/Cena we'll get at Mania 26.

That comment should warrent an immediate and permenant bad.

I really hope that was a sacrastic comment

I get disliking a certain wrestler, but that statement is insane! Taker works circles around Cena

Time to bring back this gem:

leanne4.jpg

that doesn't look a damn thing like Randy Orton

Heh.

Heh.

No.

I felt really bad for Finlay v. Swagger. That's gotta suck being in the death slot like that.

Loved Rey's performance in the RAW Chamber, but I wish Edge would take a 4 month break because I'm already sick of him. Sneaking his way into the RAW Chamber wouldn't bother me so much if hadn't just done the same damn thing at Survivor Series.

Loved Rey's performance in the RAW Chamber, but I wish Edge would take a 4 month break because I'm already sick of him. Sneaking his way into the RAW Chamber wouldn't bother me so much if hadn't just done the same damn thing at Survivor Series.

He just took a three month break!

I love Edge, but he really needs an extended title run where he finds new ways to win every month, instead of losing the title and sneaking his way back in. It's starting to make him look weak.

Hmm, are we talking about that old "Sensable Orton" thing, or what?

Anyway, I think that tonight's PPV was quite unique, what with where they went tonight with Edge. I personally would like to see Edge get moved back to RAW, because of him winning the World Heavyweight Title tonight after losing the WWE Championship. I'm thinking that they could make a ruling that since the World Heavyweight Title is currently the property of RAW, that they could "convert Edge's contract" from SmackDown! to RAW.

Just my two cents.

After the show was done, like everyone else I started to spectulate on the two World Title matches at Mania.

How about Edge vs Cena vs Orton on the Raw side? Fresh matchup, all three have history with each other, the three biggest stars in the company under the age of 40.

That leaves HHH vs Undertaker on the Smackdown side, which is plausible given how their EC match ended.

I would HATE to see HHH vs Orton.

Rey looked great. It seems like he isn't able to do as many of the crazy lucha moves he's done on the past but he looked like he was on the same level as all the other guys in the Chamber tonight. He wasn't this "against all odds" small guy just hanging on. He was aggressive, taking the fight to anyone and everyone. I don't know if it was the intention, but in my opinion he looked the strongest coming out of the RAW EC match tonight. I also like how Edge has evolved into "the opportunist". and whenever he is on the card, it usually means something interesting is going to happen. He didn't exactly look weak kicking out of multiple pin attempts and surviving Cena, Rey, and Jericho inside the EC without any outside interference. Cena looked most like a chump, coming in last, doing a silly ass 5 knuckle shuffle, and getting triple rump-fucked. Hip hop your ass on outta here Marine!! It was beautiful. :) I wonder if it was the beginning of another push to the championship somewhere down the road for Rey. Maybe as winner of MITB?

I really hope they have something planned for Rey after his great 40+ minute performance at the Rumble and putting on what might of been the greatest one man performance match. He was on another level in the Chamber and with his last two or three months he really deserves to be in the Main Event match at Mania or the big mainstream one.

He just took a three month break!

Which is entirely my point. He needs another break. Running the same exact angle 3 times in the last 6 months just annoys the hell out of me and Edge being involved with two of 'em is pure laziness.

Edge vs Cena is obviously going to happen. It will kick off tonight and Cena will confront Edge for being a cheater and how it's better to win straight up and all that "say your prayers, eat your vitamins" crap.

That leaves Orton and HHH whereas Orton will out HHH as married to Stephanie and go after HHH's title.

Now if Orton goes after HHH's title that would mean he does so on SD!, however he couldn't bring Dibiase and Rhodes along with him. If HHH vs Orton happens on Raw, how would Cena get to work SD vs Edge?

Given how the draft was announced so soon after WM, I think the roster split will collapse for the next months and will be split again at the draft. So you'll have HHH vs Orton on both brands, Edge vs Cena on both brands, HBK vs Undertaker on both brands...

How about depending on which champion Orton chooses, said champion has to be moved to raw?

I think it would be the other way around, since Cena has the rematch clause with Edge. I think if Orton wants to go after HHH, he'll have to go to SD.

That comment should warrent an immediate and permenant bad.

I really hope that was a sacrastic comment

I get disliking a certain wrestler, but that statement is insane! Taker works circles around Cena

Time to bring back this gem:

leanne4.jpg

you're the worst.

The PPV set was identical to the ECW December to Dismember set (only with the HD backdrop).

That's pretty much what the last few EC PPVs looked like I believe. Last years No Way Out included.