TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE No Way Out 2009

Brilliant PPV. Edge was awesome! Both EC matches were great, although I'm not keen on HHH being champ again.

Edge stole the show!

You know it used to mean something to be a multi time world champion, but at the rate things are going HHH and cena will be a 30 time world champion and edge will have a dozen or two too. Remember when winning the world title more than a couple of times was something rare and special? Now...everyone is going to have a 5 or 10 time run. I think it just goes to show how bankrupt the wwe is in developing new talent and relying on the same old people over and over.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that heard Cole call Mysterio "The Magician". I thought I misheard him (though how, or what else it possibly could have been, I don't know) and had to rewind it.

Flair(16x), Hogan(12x), Sting(10-13x), and probably a lot of the older wrestlers like your Harley Race and Dusty Rhodes amassed their title reigns in a period of 15-20 years. Now guys are able to have records like that in the span of ten years or less. Triple H I believe won his first world title in 99 and already ten years later has held world titles 13 times. Cena has won the top strap four times in the span of four years. Edge has held 8 world titles in the span of three years. Guys like Jericho and Angle have held the strap multi-times in a short period of time as well.

To be fair, a) a lot of the guys in question aren't going to have 20+ years on top like the old timers did, and b) unlike the old timers, their title reigns are seen nationwide on a weekly basis, not seen city-to-city on a yearly basis where fast title changes can mean 3/4 of the country doesn't even realize the "former" champion was ever the champion at all.

Loved Rey's performance in the RAW Chamber, but I wish Edge would take a 4 month break because I'm already sick of him. Sneaking his way into the RAW Chamber wouldn't bother me so much if hadn't just done the same damn thing at Survivor Series.

He just took a three month break!

Which is entirely my point. He needs another break. Running the same exact angle 3 times in the last 6 months just annoys the hell out of me and Edge being involved with two of 'em is pure laziness.

I don't think Edge needs the break, since he's such an awesome heel, but they do need to stop switching around title matches and inserting people at the last minute.

The Unforgiven swerve is what caused me to stop buying PPVs.

You know it used to mean something to be a multi time world champion, but at the rate things are going HHH and cena will be a 30 time world champion and edge will have a dozen or two too. Remember when winning the world title more than a couple of times was something rare and special? Now...everyone is going to have a 5 or 10 time run. I think it just goes to show how bankrupt the wwe is in developing new talent and relying on the same old people over and over.

Talent development is part of it, but I think the bigger issue is that title reigns are just a lot shorter. With weekly TV and monthly PPVs, title matches happen a lot more often, and so do title changes. If you add up the total weeks holding the titles, I would assume HHH is probably behind Hogan.

I did not like Edge getting put in the ME and walking out as champion. To me, it came off as a rehash of an already stale angle, and the fact that Edge went from being the transitional heel champion of one brand to being the transitional heel champion of the other just highlights how stale the main scene in WWE really is and how terrible the company is when it comes to elevating talent. I like Edge. A lot. He's a great performer and one of the best all-round talents in the company. But I'm tired of him in the role of heel champion, transitional or otherwise. I want something more, something different involving Edge.

I want something more, something different involving Edge.

Like being the demented Edge he was during the Taker feud instead of Vickie's pussy-whipped husband.

Eh, if I never saw Edge or Triple H on my TV ever again, I'd be one happy man.

Why? Edge is perfect at playing the dickhead heel, and he's one of the few guys who is able to draw genuine heat from the fans. Like Jericho, he's done a great job of making the fans really not like him.

Plus, he can back it up in the ring.

I want something more, something different involving Edge.

Like being the demented Edge he was during the Taker feud instead of Vickie's pussy-whipped husband.

I like bearded, bat shit crazy Edge from Survivor Series when he won the belt.

Eh, if I never saw Edge or Triple H on my TV ever again, I'd be one happy man.

Why? Edge is perfect at playing the dickhead heel, and he's one of the few guys who is able to draw genuine heat from the fans. Like Jericho, he's done a great job of making the fans really not like him.

Plus, he can back it up in the ring.

Edge has been really over exposed. Mainly because their are no other main event heels on smackdown, he's just on tv all the time. I think his relationship with Vickie has ruined his character somewhat. It was interesting in the beginning, but they've been doing it for years now.

Edge is basically doing the same act he did two years ago. While he's still entertaining, he's not as great as he once was.

Edge should have never rejoined Vickie when he came back. That act is stale, and is nothing more than the played out heel authoritative figure angle that's only going to get worse with Cena involved now. There really isn't a money match out there involving Edge that I can think of - Edge vs HBK maybe. I question if Edge can stay over without the title. His whole reason of existing is the title, which is actually a good thing, but he's lost when not in a title feud. Edge vs CM Punk I guess would be one feud I could get into right now involving Edge.

Edge has been really over exposed. Mainly because their are no other main event heels on smackdown, he's just on tv all the time. I think his relationship with Vickie has ruined his character somewhat. It was interesting in the beginning, but they've been doing it for years now.

The Edge/Vickie thing has been going on since Survivor Series 2007, and they've "broken up" and gotten back together. It's not as cut and dry as you seem to have worded it.

Well, it feels like years.

I thought the wedding/Edge shagging the wedding planner storyline was the natural culmination of the Vickie/Edge angle. It was a mistake to get them back together, especially after Edge was getting into his new nutcase heel character. I also think at this point Vickie might be overshadowing Edge, in terms of heel mic work.

I agree that when Edge took time off to heal, it should've been the end of the whole Vickie angle. While I'm not all for needing to have everything explained to me on TV instead of using my imagination, they didn't hint at all that Edge and Vickie went to marriage counseling or anything like that, which bugged me a little bit. They could've explained why they got back together instead of just forgetting about it. Like I said, it normally doesn't bug me when you can just use your own mind to say "they must have made up", but as a top storyline of a show, you should explain it a bit more than nothing.