TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - February 16, 2009

Less than 24 hours after a thrilling No Way Out of Seattle PPV broadcast, WWE.com is listing CM Punk as the Raw brand's #1 titleholder. What will Stephanie McMahon have to say about what went down in the Raw title match just one night ago?

Speaking of championships, Beth Phoenix seeks retribution for her title lose at the Royal Rumble tonight as she goes one on one with WWE Women's Champion Melina. Can 'The Glamazon' bring back her title, or will Melina prove to be a formidable champion?

And what will Randy Orton say about WrestleMania tonight? With the countdown to the big event now in full force, the Legacy headmaster and 2009 Royal Rumble winner has a huge choice to make for his championship aspirations.

Find out the answers to these and much more LIVE! (or on a 15 minute tape delay in Canada) tonight on Monday Night Raw.

PWInsider is reporting that Roddy Piper is backstage at Raw and is expected to have some sort of interaction with Chris Jericho tonight. They are also reporting that Ric Flair is not at the show and probably won't be there.

Am I the only one who thought Orton might have been legit hurt last night? One of those chair shots really looked like it caught Orton directly on the ankle, and he either just did a hell of a sell job, or he really got hurt. Plus, I really think Shane was supposed to get punted, but Orton couldn't get it off. (They even talked later about how Shane was hurt and in the hospital...really? The last move Orton did was just an RKO) But I'm hoping it was nothing too bad.

Am I the only one who thought Orton might have been legit hurt last night? One of those chair shots really looked like it caught Orton directly on the ankle, and he either just did a hell of a sell job, or he really got hurt. Plus, I really think Shane was supposed to get punted, but Orton couldn't get it off. (They even talked later about how Shane was hurt and in the hospital...really? The last move Orton did was just an RKO) But I'm hoping it was nothing too bad.

He sprung up for the RKO pretty well.

He just sold like a champ.

Really interested to see how they address the two champs on Smackdown thing tonight.

He got a good 4 feet in the air for the RKO man...

He got a good 4 feet in the air for the RKO man...

Well you only need one leg to jump off of. Unlike the punt he does where he has to do a running start. Plus the stream I was watching was cutting in and out during the end of this match so I didn't really see/remember the jump for the RKO.

According to Prowrestling.net, 2 matches have been added to tonight's show.(Along with the previously announced Beth Phoenix vs Melina for The WWE Women's Title.)

-C.M. Punk and Cryme Tyme vs William Regal, Ted DiBiase, and Cody Rhodes.

-Mike Knox vs Rey Mysterio.

Really interested to see how they address the two champs on Smackdown thing tonight.

Most likely the way they did before CM Punk won the World Title after the draft happen last year."Raw has no big title!", "What are we gonna do?", "The I.C. title is the biggest singles title we have here.", and the GM stresses out because Raw has no World Title or WWE title.

Have Edge and H3 title vs title, winner vs Orton at mania. Undisputed title FTW.

No. They are not going to be unifying their World Championships. How many times do we have to go through this?

They should give Kofi Kingston a shot at Edge to bring the belt back to RAW.

If they did it, I'd hope that Edge would make Kofi look like a champ before winning, cause that could go a long way in making Kofi a bigger star

Spike Dudley's still waiting for his shot from the 2004 Rumble.

So is Test.(From that very same Rumble.)

Have Edge and H3 title vs title, winner vs Orton at mania. Undisputed title FTW.

No. They are not going to be unifying their World Championships. How many times do we have to go through this?

There has been talk about it in the last 6 months or so actually, so don't dismiss it. Torch, Observer, etc, all have reported on it. They are starting to think that bringing back the idea of the champion who will be on both Smackdown and Raw brands is worth going back to possibly. Considering they didn't even give it a years time to take off back in 02, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, especially if it's all leading to HHH being that guy.

Spike Dudley's still waiting for his shot from the 2004 Rumble.

So is Test.(From that very same Rumble.)

Nah, GM Austin officially replaced Test with Foley after he found Test beat down by Foley.