TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - February 16, 2009

So according to King - Non sanctioned match - NO REF - and Legacy is banned from ringside. How exactly is that enforced with no ref?

It's a fight, not a match. If you listened to Shane he was challenging Orton to a fight, between Randy and himself. Not a match.

I think he knew that. His point was how would a non sanctioned fight keep Legacy away from the ring?

I think that was Shane's way of trying to tell Orton not to be a pussy and bring his friends to the fight. Had he actually called him a pussy, however, then *****

RAW was ..... interesting last night. Nothing really stood out as great, aside from Piper's promo. Gotta wonder how much of it was scripted, and how much came from the heart. It seemed like it was his genuine feelings. Looks like Triple H may be traded to RAW in exchange for Cena going to Smackdown to feud with Edge. Is it just me, or does the Spinner Belt STILL have the Monday Night RAW plate on it? How fucking lazy can these prop people be? Unless they lost the Smackdown plate after the 2005 Draft or something, there's really no excuse to go this long after the draft and not take the RAW plate off the strap. Unless they had this planned all along, and figured why go through the trouble, if the belt will be back on RAW in about 7 months anyway?

Until the news broke about Shad being in the doghouse with management, I always wondered something about Cryme Tyme matches. How many other face tags teams do you see the big man always play the face in peril, only for the little guy to get the hot tag, come in and clean house? They definitely get some unique match circumstances.

So according to King - Non sanctioned match - NO REF - and Legacy is banned from ringside. How exactly is that enforced with no ref?

It's a fight, not a match. If you listened to Shane he was challenging Orton to a fight, between Randy and himself. Not a match.

I think he knew that. His point was how would a non sanctioned fight keep Legacy away from the ring?

I think that was Shane's way of trying to tell Orton not to be a pussy and bring his friends to the fight. Had he actually called him a pussy, however, then *****

cookie-bite-web.jpg

No Rhodes, and not Dibiase, he didn't say no Harry Smith...

Hate to break it to you, but you're one of only two people who gives a shit about Harry Smith.

The other is Harry Smith.

I've left him in my Fantasy team for two months now, just hoping, damn it.

Shane sold the punt worse than anyone to date. I don't know what he was doing there.

I don't think we'll ever get the much sought after Stephanie punt. Not with them being PG. Okay, maybe a woman can get an RKO but she can't get kicked in the head.

Shane sold the punt worse than anyone to date. I don't know what he was doing there.

I don't think we'll ever get the much sought after Stephanie punt. Not with them being PG. Okay, maybe a woman can get an RKO but she can't get kicked in the head.

No kidding - you would hope he had something better prepared. He just slowly put his head to the mat - really weird.

Great promo from Piper! I don't usually like seeing him, but that promo was excellent.

The JBL/HBK number 1 contender angle is intriguing. It's good to see the streak being hyped in a new way.

Melina was beautiful last night. I've always thought she was the hottest diva in WWE!

Awesome quote from Something Awful sums up Aitch's face last night:

HHH: "I need a way to properly express my anger"

*motorboats an invisible pair of titties*

WWE needs a heel announcer. So many things can be easily explained (and enhanced!) if you don't have two incompetent faces trying to sell fans the exact same story simultaneously.

What I wouldn't give for somebody like Ventura to pull out a "What do you expect, Lawler, it's unsanctioned! He knew what he was getting himself into! What, you want to sanction the unsanctioned match? You know better than a McMahon, Lawler, huh?" after Legacy's appearance, or a "She was badmouthing him! I read her lips!" after the RKO.

Couldn't agree more. After the women's match, I had Jesse's voice in my head going "IT'S FOUR AGAINST THREE GORILLA!!!" completely ignoring the fact that Santino/Mendes have been freely interfering in the last couple weeks.

I would really like to see, for once, Orton go over on HHH at WM. I think it would be great to see that happen, it would be something different and really put over Orton as the ultimate heel. Then, at the end of the match you can have him either punt The Game or Stephanie. Then you have Legacy and Orton run roughshod all over RAW for a few months until at least Summerslam. It'd have that Horsemen-like feel from back in the day, even to the time when Evolution ran the show on RAW.

I would really like to see, for once, Orton go over on HHH at WM. I think it would be great to see that happen, it would be something different and really put over Orton as the ultimate heel. Then, at the end of the match you can have him either punt The Game or Stephanie. Then you have Legacy and Orton run roughshod all over RAW for a few months until at least Summerslam. It'd have that Horsemen-like feel from back in the day, even to the time when Evolution ran the show on RAW.

What's up old friend?

This very well might happen, meaning Orton goes over HHH at least. HHH, to be fair to him, is expected to be the go-to guy who does the smart thing for the business when a guy is hot and put him over properly, and Orton is literally firing on all cylanders right now.

However, the problem is that HHH (as well as Cena) basically put him over at last year's Mania soooo.....well, you know.....

Triple H hasn't won at Wrestlemania since 2003. Orton just won last year. I have a feeling that The Game is going to want to win this year, but I've had this same feeling for the past couple of years, so I'm prepared to be wrong again.

What's up old friend?

This very well might happen, meaning Orton goes over HHH at least. HHH, to be fair to him, is expected to be the go-to guy who does the smart thing for the business when a guy is hot and put him over properly, and Orton is literally firing on all cylanders right now.

However, the problem is that HHH (as well as Cena) basically put him over at last year's Mania soooo.....well, you know.....

Just chilling, keeping capitalism alive.

Orton is huge now, if they were smart they'd put the belt on him at WM. However, we all know Vince doesn't always do the smart thing.

From F4Wonline.net:

We don't have the exact number, but it was 5.9 million viewers. As a comparison, a few weeks ago when Randy Orton punted Vince McMahon, the show did a 3.9 rating which was 5.7 million viewers, so it is likely the best number for the show in a long time.

Taken from 411mania.com:

Monday night's edition of WWE Raw scored a 4.1 cable rating off of hours of 3.86 and 4.35. This is up from last week's 3.4 rating.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

PWInsider is reporting that RAW pulled a 4.1 this week.

This would be the best number for a non-three-hour RAW since the one that aired one week before the "Chris Benoit Tribute."

Agreed. Watched it a few times to see if he was trying to sell it differently, but can't see it. Just seems to 'forget' and then flops down.

Agreed. Watched it a few times to see if he was trying to sell it differently, but can't see it. Just seems to 'forget' and then flops down.

I don't think he was intentionally trying to undermine Orton and make it look bad. I think maybe he was trying to sell it differently, like maybe some sort of delayed reaction, but, you're right, it came off like he spend a few seconds going 'oh, I'm supposed to sell this' and then fell down on the mat in a really amateur way.

From lordsofpain.net

-- According to data compiled by Neilson Media Research, the February 16th edition of WWE RAW did a 4.1 cable rating and averaged nearly 6 million viewers for the two hour broadcast. The hourly numbers were 3.86 and 4.35. The last time RAW drew a 4.1 was December 10, 2007, which is great news for WWE headed into WrestleMania season.

So more viewer tuned in after the first hour according to this. I didn't see RAW this week, so I can' comment on what might have brought in the viewers.

Melina was beautiful last night. I've always thought she was the hottest diva in WWE!

You've always been wrong! :)

Mickie, Kelly, Maryse, Katie Lea > Melina.

The 4 you named are certainly better looking than Melina, but she's also not the worst looking Diva around, except for the slight resemblance to a horse in the face area.