TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

TSM Suggestion Box

Mods, if this is something you aren't interested in, feel free to get rid of it. Technically, this entire folder is designed specifically for feedback, but I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread dedicated to comments and suggestions that the mods checked regularly.

Quite often I run across a thread that needs to be split, or subtitles need to be updated or whatever else. Tracking down a mod for, I don't know, music, can be a little difficult. A place where I can throw requests would be nice and if they aren't done, at least know why.

I also have tons of shitty ideas that I think would improve the board and having a singular place to bounce them off my peers would be appreciated.

I would like for us to be able to edit our own threads and subtitles. We make mistakes sometimes, and some threads need to have the title or subtitle updated as it evolves. If you want "power to the posters," this would be better than being able to change your name every 4 days.

Good point. I have a tendency to type fast and screw up my thread titles from time to time. There are also situations where the title has nothing to do with whatever we end up talking about. How many times have you avoided a thread for weeks because of the title and then found out there was good discussion going on? It would be great to be able to stay on top of that.

Also, I know that the admins each take a part in governing the board, but is there a way that we can get them more closely associated with certain folders? I know to go to Al for Sports or Venk for wrestling, but outside of that it's murky.

The Spring Training Thread and MLB Offseason Thread are competing for the same news stories and discussion. Maybe we should ax one. I'd vote to switch the discussion to Spring Training now that the Offseason is over, but that's just an opinion.

Guest Vitamin X
Good point. I have a tendency to type fast and screw up my thread titles from time to time. There are also situations where the title has nothing to do with whatever we end up talking about. How many times have you avoided a thread for weeks because of the title and then found out there was good discussion going on? It would be great to be able to stay on top of that.

Also, I know that the admins each take a part in governing the board, but is there a way that we can get them more closely associated with certain folders? I know to go to Al for Sports or Venk for wrestling, but outside of that it's murky.

For the record, I'm on most of the day (also available by IM or e-mail) and can handle most of the problems on the board in most of the folders, although I do tend to kind of ignore anything under Wrestling, TV/Movies, Music, and Comic Books/Lit. Anything else, I feel pretty confident handling.

I think having that ability, possibly along with being able to delete your posts as well in the event of double, triple, or "regret" posting- which nowadays just gets edited into a pointless "n/m" post, would be good. I'll have to look into that.

TSM in general does not like changes to TSM and its structure. You shake the foundation, Bonaduce.

I don't mind, though.

Guest Marneywasmurdered
Cheech, you've really got to drop this whole schtick

Yeah I don't like posters who try to be helpful and get dialogue going. I'd much rather read about Brody's escapades and EHME's challenges.

A good way to be helpful and get good dialogue going is to start good dialogue. Cheech does that, which is why I like him, but this Jr. Modding nonsense is just annoying.

I could point out that there was a TSM Suggestion Box, but that'd be me just being a douche. :-)

I think mods should be more vigilant in the sports folder about spinning off discussions in mega threads into their own topic. I also agree with Dandy's idea

Guest Marneywasmurdered

Cheech would still be a mod if he wanted to be so it doesn't bother me.