TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

2009 Oscar prediction contest

To those unhappy about "Slumdog" winning so much: at least it's not "The Reader."

Guest Smues

Didn't they used to broadcast this thing live on both coasts? I was surprised to turn on the TV and see it hadn't started yet. God forbid it finish before midnight on one coast.

I'm kinda bummed that M.I.A didn't make an appearance during that best song thing. Her Oscar couture prob. would have been off the chain.

I hear babies are quite the time suck.

Did they not just show Heath in that video package?

Heath died in time for last year's Oscars.

Also to the whining about Button winning, come on. The visual effects in that movie were more impressive than anything in TDK or Iron Man

Button was the only one of the three nominees that I haven't seen; I just can't imagine what kind of effects it had that could top Iron Man. Aside from the aging deal, what else did that moviue have? I'm being serious here, I'm curious.

I'm a bit surprised Carlin didn't get a mention. Yeah, primarily a comic, but he did occasional film work.

Probably the fact that he used to shit all over this type of bullshit.

Good point.

To those unhappy about "Slumdog" winning so much: at least it's not "The Reader."

Nevermind

I'm just wondering if anybody who's dissing Slumdog Millionaire, has actually seen it? I don't know if I'd call it a great movie but it's a very good one and probably the best of the nominees.

Button was ok, it got less interesting as it went on though

^^^

Pretty much. I'll say it again, it was exactly the same as The Notebook with a gimmick.