TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Verne Gagne suspected in death investigation

Hogan On Verne Gagne: Verne had everybody convinced that he was this great shooter. When Hogan was in the territory he started selling t-shirts on his own. After returning from a tour of Japan he discovered that Gagne was now in the Hulk Hogan t-shirt business. Hogan was steamed and confronted Verne at the next TV taping. Verne said “I got my cut, you get yours”. Then he said “How much have you learned from Matsuda?” and Hogan said “enough to beat your ass”. So Verne jumps up from his desk and tried to take him down, but Hogan put him in a front face lock and then pie faced him, knocking out his teeth and messing up his bozo the clown hair. Verne ran to the bathroom to put his teeth back in and Greg Gagne started to take his sweater off to go after Hogan but one of the other guys talked some sense into him. When Verne returned from the bathroom he got in Hogan’s face and said he would get even with him, but he never did. Bubba made a joke about Verne thinking he’s so tough that he’s pushing down elderly men but Hogan said that Verne didn’t mean anything by it and then Bubba added that Verne has dementia and they dropped the topic.

Hogan On Verne Gagne: Verne had everybody convinced that he was this great shooter. When Hogan was in the territory he started selling t-shirts on his own. After returning from a tour of Japan he discovered that Gagne was now in the Hulk Hogan t-shirt business. Hogan was steamed and confronted Verne at the next TV taping. Verne said "I got my cut, you get yours". Then he said "How much have you learned from Matsuda?" and Hogan said "enough to beat your ass". So Verne jumps up from his desk and tried to take him down, but Hogan put him in a front face lock and then pie faced him, knocking out his teeth and messing up his bozo the clown hair. Verne ran to the bathroom to put his teeth back in and Greg Gagne started to take his sweater off to go after Hogan but one of the other guys talked some sense into him. When Verne returned from the bathroom he got in Hogan's face and said he would get even with him, but he never did. Bubba made a joke about Verne thinking he's so tough that he's pushing down elderly men but Hogan said that Verne didn't mean anything by it and then Bubba added that Verne has dementia and they dropped the topic.

I have a feeling it's Hogan BSing like he always does, but if this actually happened, I might have to like Hulk.

So has anyone gone back and watched his last match and seen if there was anything to indicate he might be capable of this?

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to listen to the Wrestlerock Rumble again. I mean, it'd be like rewarding a murderer right?

Why are you trying to make light of, and minimize, Benoit murdering his family? Over the years we made all kind of character assassinations and assumptions about guys like HBK, Nash, Hall, HHH, ext... Because they looked our for themselves and didnt play "fair" with anointed internet favorites. Benoit murders his son and wife and its like "so". Yes he was a great wrestler ---- BUT DAMN.

As far as Verne goes, this story is super random. Dont know what to make of it. Getting old sucks. You dont know what the hell you're doing at a certain point.

But he was really, really good at it. Much of TSM can forgive brutal, premeditated woman/child murder because of that, why can't you?

I think that "forgive" is a little strong. I think that I should be allowed to watch The Towering Inferno without being accused of letting O.J. Simpson's double-homicide slide.

I've heard that story about Hogan putting Verne in a front facelock. Version I heard had Verne asking Hogan if that was the only move he knew and Hogan responding that it was the only move he needed to know to knock Verne out.

So has anyone gone back and watched his last match and seen if there was anything to indicate he might be capable of this?

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to listen to the Wrestlerock Rumble again. I mean, it'd be like rewarding a murderer right?

Why are you trying to make light of, and minimize, Benoit murdering his family? Over the years we made all kind of character assassinations and assumptions about guys like HBK, Nash, Hall, HHH, ext... Because they looked our for themselves and didnt play "fair" with anointed internet favorites. Benoit murders his son and wife and its like "so". Yes he was a great wrestler ---- BUT DAMN.

As far as Verne goes, this story is super random. Dont know what to make of it. Getting old sucks. You dont know what the hell you're doing at a certain point.

But he was really, really good at it. Much of TSM can forgive brutal, premeditated woman/child murder because of that, why can't you?

Yeah, I know. Its really fucked up to me, because I remember how for years posters would call guys like Hogan and Nash "pieces of shit" and claim that they were horrible human beings because they played "politics". Hell, to this day the will still go in on those guys like that. But confronted with true evil, they want to shrug their shoulders because being a great wrestler and having a legion of marks should apparently trump all --- even murdering your own child and wife in cold blood. That's really creepy if you ask me.

Dude killed his seven year old son and he has youtube tributes talking about RIP Benoit and we miss you?????? Thats cult status, homie.

People need to get their moral compasses in check.

Yeah, I know. Its really fucked up to me, because I remember how for years posters would call guys like Hogan and Nash "pieces of shit" and claim that they were horrible human beings because they played "politics". Hell, to this day the will still go in on those guys like that. But confronted with true evil, they want to shrug their shoulders because being a great wrestler and having a legion of marks should apparently trump all --- even murdering your own child and wife in cold blood. That's really creepy if you ask me.

Dude killed his seven year old son and he has youtube tributes talking about RIP Benoit and we miss you?????? Thats cult status, homie.

Well, some of these people might be taking into account whether Benoit was in his right mind when it happened. Yes, being a devotee may bias some people towards saying "Well he OBVIOUSLY was sick," but it's not something to completely overlook.

Guest Smues

I wonder if we'll ever get to hear just one more word from the former champ Vern. I've heard he's given a lot of thought to one more turn.

Well, some of these people might be taking into account whether Benoit was in his right mind when it happened. Yes, being a devotee may bias some people towards saying "Well he OBVIOUSLY was sick," but it's not something to completely overlook.

Well, they did say that his brain was in the condition of an 85 year old man with dementia, or whatever...but still I don't think the man is anything to celebrate at this point.

I wonder if we'll ever get to hear just one more word from the former champ Vern. I've heard he's given a lot of thought to one more turn.

There's some old scores that still give him trouble, he may be getting the urge to do the nursing home rumble.

My god, stop defending Benoit. Comparing these two situations is ridiculous. Benoit had a history of abusing Nancy. Benoit was perfectly fine, even wrestling days before the murderers. He left notes and text saying that he planned to do it. Comparing that to an 80 year old wrestler suffering from memory loss and a severe mental disease is ridiculous. Benoit never showed any signs of this alleged mental disease. The guy is a cold-blooded killer who tied up his family, beat them, tortured them and then put bibles near their bodies. Gagne allegedly shoved someone to the ground while suffering from a disease. HUGE difference. I just find it amusing that people will rip Hulk Hogan, or Kevin Nash or Ultimate Warrior or whoever, call them horrible human beings and say they lost all respect for them, but they will "forgive" or defend Benoit after he murdered his family. That is pretty sick.

Apparently, to these people, playing politics is a worse crime them murder. It's kind of sad and scary that, if Benoit were alive today, these people would shake his hand and ask for an autograph but would spit in the face of Nash and Hogan and call them "a piece of shit".

While I agree with some of the stuff that Mannis and Mos_Def have said in this thread, I think the amount of people here who defend Benoit's actions, at least on this board, is seriously overblown. Sure there's a probably disturbing amount of people but I think it's far from constituting a majority of the board. I don't know though I could just be underestimating the stupidity of our brethren on the top folder of this section

Granted, the line between making light of the incident via tacky tasteless jokes and defending him is thin and ambiguous. Personally, I think a lot of these jokes are making fun of the IWC and the media's reaction to it more than the incident itself if that makes any sense whatsoever.

Guest Smues

There's some old scores that still give him trouble, he may be getting the urge to do the nursing home rumble.

I'd say he already did the nursing home rumble.

The name of this facility, you ask?

"Friendship Village".

F4W Newsletter also states that "Gagne at one point in the past had put Gutmann in some variation of a choke hold or sleeper, but hadn't done any serious damage".

It should be legal to kill anyone over 90. Seriously, he's just saving the old man's family money from having to support him for a couple more years before he kicks the bucket anyways.

Except for those few people over 90 who are in great mental and physical shape. They should be allowed to live as long as possible in an attempt to break the world record.

Any idea if Nancy Grace has covered this yet?

Edit: 7,000 post!....I still hate Nancy Grace.

Well, it's a good thing that Gagne just killed a room mate and didn't accidentally push over a baby carraige or shove a female nurse out the window. I suppose had Benoit gone nuts on his doctor instead of his family, the brain damage he was suffering from would be taken seriously. I would never make light of the fact that a young boy and a woman lost their lives, but what part of the Benoit autopsy results that said he had the brain of an 80 year old alzeihmer's patient suffering from dementia did you guys not understand?

And if we're going to add to the argument that he had a "history of abusing Nancy" I suppose we should be outraged with Mr. 2009 Hall of Fame inductee Stone Cold Steve Austin, because he also has a history of abusing his wives/girlfriends.

I'm getting pretty tired of people sporting the attitude that Benoit was always some sort of evil psychopath who was always one temper tantrum away from slaughtering anyone who was in the room with him. He wasn't a perfect, or even great human being throughout his life, but he didn't cross into the field of murderer until hours before his own suicide, and I will remind all of you again that his autopsy showed he was suffering from dementia. It's a mystery why he wasn't showing more obvious signs of this in the weeks and days before his death, but are you guys really going to argue with the autopsy or just sit around and think you know more than trained medical professionals.

Wow. Really, all the mentions of Benoit in this thread. Have been jokes. All of them.

Stop defending Roots Genoa Al.

Did I mention bad, unfunny jokes?

Touche.

Back on the subject at hand, two men with dementia fight, one of them dies. This can't be the first time this has happened ever. I site Grumpy Old Men as a case study.

The retirement community they stayed at is likely going to get a long hard looking over get slapped with a fine at most and obla de obla da life goes on.