Orlando @ Philadelphia, 7:00 NBATV

New York @ Miami, 7:30

Oklahoma City @ Memphis, 8:00

Houston @ Chicago, 8:30

Washington @ Milwaukee, 8:30

Sacramento @ Utah, 9:00

Charlotte @ LA Clippers, 10:30

Guest Vitamin X

I don't think you can really pencil in the Suns as "tough" anymore. It's certainly getting to that point anyways.

Having seen only youtube video of it, and reading that he had 1.8 seconds to do it, I don't understand how he had enough time to catch, dribble, get stripped, get the ball back & shoot in under 1.8 seconds. Did the Nets get some home-clock-operator advantage?

Looking at the video on ESPN, it looks like the clock didn't immediately start when the ball hit Harris's hand on the inbound, meaning he got an extra .1 or .2 to work with. But, hey, if the 76ers make their FT's (they missed 14), then they don't need to worry about .1 or .2 seconds.

Guest Czech please!

If I have to hear that the Bulls should play for the 8 seed to "gain valuable playoff experience" one more time, I'm Sylvia Plathing myself.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, how does making the playoffs get the Chicago Bulls closer to a championship?

They should just tank the season and get a higher draft pick.

Guest Czech please!
Yeah, how does making the playoffs get the Chicago Bulls closer to a championship?

They should just tank the season and get a higher draft pick.

They should. There's nothing to be gained from getting slaughtered in the first round. As for gaining playoff experience in the first place, Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, and others have plenty of it already. Hasn't done them any damn good.

Let's take a look at teams that gained valuable playoff experience against the Bulls' championship teams. All six were dispatched in three-game sweeps.

1991: New York Knicks. Gained valauble playoff experience for 1994, when they gained valuable Michael Jordan Isn't Here To Beat Our Ass experience. Just kinda hung around not going to the Finals till then.

1992: Miami Heat. Didn't really amount to anything for several years. They only won 39 games in '92.

1993: Atlanta Hawks. Capitalized on the lack of Michael Jordan in 1994.

1996: Miami Heat. Decent club in the original Riley tenure, but never really got close to a championship.

1997: Washington Bullets. Out of the playoffs till 2005.

1998: New Jersey Nets. Made the finals four and five years later with Jason Kidd in a historically awful East.

Not one of these teams had any tangible benefit from getting their ass waxed by Jordan and Pippen, and the Bulls would have no tangible benefit from getting their ass waxed by LeBron, Pierce/KG/Allen, or Dwight Howard. What's important in forwarding this team is replacing the general manager with one whose organizational philosophy is not deeply influnced by Hoosiers, replacing the head coach with one who is actually good at his job so that Derrick Rose's potential can be fully realized, and shedding the dead weight around Rose. Adding four more losses to an already losing record does nothing to make this team better. The NBA isn't like the NHL, where the parity of the league and the dynamic of the sport better allows for big upsets. 6/7/8 seeds in the Stanley Cup owe it to themselves to at least give it the old college try. 6/7/8 in the NBA playoffs are cannon fodder.

Guest Czech please!

Are you asking as if I were the general manager and within the constraints of NBA salary caps and trade restrictions? If so, I'm not smart enough to blow up the team according to the rules. I can say that if this team contends for a title, the only current players that will be there are Derrick Rose and Luol Deng. I don't see how anyone else fits in. Before we even worry about players, the first move that needs to be made is getting rid of Vinny Del Negro as soon as possible, because every day that he coaches this team is a wasted day of development for the centerpiece of this team. The veterans know this guy is a joke, and comment about how basic the plays are that they're running. Get Doug Collins, or Eddie Jordan, or Rick Carlisle, or even Flip Saunders. Just any legitimate seasoned NBA head coach, not this clown. It's unconscionable that he's the head coach of the six-time world champions in the #3 market that draws 20,000 a night. That's not the place to cut your teeth. Maybe he'll grow up to be a good coach. Maybe he should do it in college or Europe. Not here, not now.

In the meantime, there's no real sense in following this motley pile of aimless wanderers and expiring contracts. I want the Bulls to be successful, but they're not going to be any damn good right now. I just don't like being told that this tight battle with the equally aimless Milwaukee Bucks for the worst playoff berth actually means something. That's insulting everyone's intelligence.

Miki Moore to the Celtics, and it looks like Marbury isn't far behind as he got his buyout today.

Two players who couldn't crack the rotations on below .500 teams. Forgive me if I feel a little underwhelmed by these moves.

The Celtics need depth, but doesn't it seem like they are looking in the wrong places? As a Kings fan, let me explain: Mikki Moore is a bad player. This is not PJ Brown redux. Brown was a terrific player in his prime who was reaching his final days. He had a lot to offer in limited minutes in terms of rebounding and defense. Moore is a hustler and will grab a few boards, but he doesn't really do much more than Powe or Davis.

Marbury could be rewarding, but House has done okay as the backup PG and Rondo's developed enough that he can play the majority of crunch playoff minutes. You just don't know what you are getting with Starbury, both in terms of attitude and play, given that he's sat out an entire season.

Guest Czech please!
"We ran real basic stuff to try to make it simple for the new guys," coach Vinny Del Negro said.

But that's everyone for every night. Senior Panther's take:

Gotta love Brad Miller’s quote about yesterday’s performance: “Just three old guys out there running basic plays.”

Haha, I wanted to read all my ranting about the coach of the Bulls and way back long ago I found this

I choose Vinny Del Negro....

post/author combo major lols

Guest Vitamin X
As a Kings fan, let me explain:

.. You're WHAT NOW?

Had I known this Cheech, I would've never voted to let you back into the Secret Society of Blue Mods. This is truly a betrayal for an Oregonian. What are you, from California or sumthin'?

As a Kings fan, let me explain:

.. You're WHAT NOW?

Had I known this Cheech, I would've never voted to let you back into the Secret Society of Blue Mods. This is truly a betrayal for an Oregonian. What are you, from California or sumthin'?

Non-practicing Kings fan at the moment.

Yes, I grew up in northern California, which explains my Kings and Raiders fandom. I never fully developed any attachment to the baseball teams from the bay area and adopted the Red Sox in my late teenage years due to my undying Yankee hatred.

I like watching the Blazers and they are an easy team to root for, but I'm not going to turn my back on the team I grew up with because they suck monkey balls and the owners seem to only be concerned with hanging out in Vegas and bitching for a new arena.

Sorry to disappoint you so much, VX.

Guest Vitamin X

Dude, the Kings and Blazers used to play in the same division as recently as a few years ago. I was a Lakers fan long ago and I had to give up that allegiance to be a Blazer fan because of divisional issues.

But at least now there's some insight to the Kings and Raiders fandom. I think if I grew up there, I'd be an A's fan just because they seem to have a cooler history than the stupid Giants, but that's just me. Past that, I don't think I can blame you for being part of Red Sox Nation.

I just can't imagine rooting for the Kings over the Blazers. Laker Fodder I, or Laker Fodder II. That's rough.

Miki Moore to the Celtics, and it looks like Marbury isn't far behind as he got his buyout today.

Two players who couldn't crack the rotations on below .500 teams. Forgive me if I feel a little underwhelmed by these moves.

The Celtics need depth, but doesn't it seem like they are looking in the wrong places? As a Kings fan, let me explain: Mikki Moore is a bad player. This is not PJ Brown redux. Brown was a terrific player in his prime who was reaching his final days. He had a lot to offer in limited minutes in terms of rebounding and defense. Moore is a hustler and will grab a few boards, but he doesn't really do much more than Powe or Davis.

Marbury could be rewarding, but House has done okay as the backup PG and Rondo's developed enough that he can play the majority of crunch playoff minutes. You just don't know what you are getting with Starbury, both in terms of attitude and play, given that he's sat out an entire season.

Considering what was available, I think Ainge did the best with what he could here, addressing some needs with low-risk options.

No sense in waiting out Joe Smith, who may not even be bought out. Moore is an upgrade over O'Bryant and Scal, while Powe and Davis cannot be relied on to perform consistently. By most accounts, he's a team defensive player who can spread the floor with his jumpshot and brings energy the bench doesn't have.

With Tony Allen gone for the season, House can now move to the wing, play the 2 and not worry about ball-handling, something he has not done even close to okay with thus far. You don't know exactly what you're getting with Marbury, but he's not coming in to run the team. He can get into shape to play 10-15 minutes, likely faster than Sam Cassell could have.

The Celtics lost to the Clippers!?!?!?!?!?! WTF!?

Ok, I'm beginning to think they do need to add some piece or the playoffs could turn out to be a disaster. They've lost a handful of games they shouldn't lose and haven't showed they can really do it against the other two top teams in the league (Lakes and Cavs).

I hold out hope that they have something extra stored for the playoffs like they did in the Finals last year, but that hope is fading fast. I keep hoping they're thinking "The regular season isn't as important as what lies in front of us." But, it's like they don't even care about getting homecourt, which was a huge help last season!

Ugh, I forsee a Cavs/Lakers Finals. The media would probably have the biggest creaming themselves fest EVER over that one. I can't think of another situation in history where ESPN would go that crazy and be filled with that much overhype. My head might explode in that case.

I went to bed without looking at any NBA results, and had this dream that the Clippers won a game, scoring 700 points, and it was their biggest win of the season and all that.

Now I wake up and see that they beat the Celtics. Is my slumber related to Clippers victories!?

Guest Czech please!

Haha. Maybe. You know how sometimes when you're falling asleep you have that weird falling sensation where you sort of catch yourself tripping? That's how Livingston got hurt.

Sad news. Bulls great Norm Van Lier died today. I enjoyed his Angry Senile Old Man analysis of bad Bulls basketball:

Godspeed Norm

Guest Czech please!

I don't think he had enough service time.

It's now even more unfortunate that the Bulls didn't invite him to Red Kerr Night a couple weeks ago. The reason I heard was that he was too critical of how the team was operated. This proves that he was right.