TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TMC1982

All Time Worst Television Network/Channel Executives

Care to elaborate why Tom Rothman is a dirty word?

He's the classic Meddling Executive and has ruined many a movie by his insistance on them being PG and having a run time of 90 minutes. It has gotten to the point where many high profile directors simply refuse to work with FOX anymore. Dragonball Evolution and Wolverine are his latest in a long line of atrocities.

Tom Rothman really needs a thread of his own around here to better analyze the garbage that he has done at FOX.

Care to elaborate why Tom Rothman is a dirty word?

He's the classic Meddling Executive and has ruined many a movie by his insistance on them being PG and having a run time of 90 minutes. It has gotten to the point where many high profile directors simply refuse to work with FOX anymore. Dragonball Evolution and Wolverine are his latest in a long line of atrocities.

What were the others?

X3, Fantastic Four 1 & 2, Alien vs. Predator, Daredevil, Kingdom of Heaven, etc. There are really too many to name them all.

Don't forget Die Hard 4 being PG-13 (meaning that the trademark "Yippie Ki Yay..." had to to be obscured :huh: ).

I want to know who's idea it was at FOX to air what I think we're season premieres of their animated shows last Sunday, only to air 2 hours of NASCAR this past week. I guess they didn't want to compete with the Oscars, but still.

This Tom Rothman guy sounds awesome. He knows how to make money.

Last I heard he was on the verge of getting fired because he's alienated top talent and FOX had a terrible year last year because nobody wants to see their shitty films. I don't know how much is rumour and how much is fact.

Don't forget Die Hard 4 being PG-13 (meaning that the trademark "Yippie Ki Yay..." had to to be obscured huh.gif ).

Yeah. Like I said, there are so many that I'd be here all night writing them all in my post.

Whoever's been in charge of TVLand for the past few years has to be one of the worst. Changing TVL from a network that was made to cater to classic TV to one that airs horrible fifth-rate reality shows and stuff thats on every other channel (like Scrubs) pissed off alot of loyal viewers.

I think at this point you could make the statement "Has [speciality channel] abandoned [niche programming they were designed for]?" and the answer would be "yes" more often than not.