TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

Mellow's sig is stretching out my screen

Fruity Loops is not great. If you're looking for a DAW, get Behringer's energyXT 2.5. It's free, and it works pretty goddamned well. I use Logic and Ableton Live myself. Can FL even host vsti's and audio units?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Fucked if I know, but I can make a bunch of racket on the sumbitch.

Fruity Loops is not great. If you're looking for a DAW, get Behringer's energyXT 2.5. It's free, and it works pretty goddamned well. I use Logic and Ableton Live myself. Can FL even host vsti's and audio units?

VSTI's, I think so. Are audio units a Mac thing? There's no Mac version of FL. I like it because it offers a fuckload of virtual instruments and the piano roll is easy to navigate, unlike GarageBand. I should mention that I don't do any actual recording, just sample sequencing. Of course if you're recording vocals or live instruments FL is not the best choice.

VSTI's, I think so. Are audio units a Mac thing? There's no Mac version of FL. I like it because it offers a fuckload of virtual instruments and the piano roll is easy to navigate, unlike GarageBand. I should mention that I don't do any actual recording, just sample sequencing. Of course if you're recording vocals or live instruments FL is not the best choice.

Audio units are indeed a Mac thing. You should check out Ableton Live though, it's the tits, and comes with a shitload of instruments as well. I do a lot of recording, so having that available to me is necessary. That's why I use Logic for most stuff. You might want to check out this website too: createdigitalmusic.com. Good resources there. Do you have any sort of set up, or is it just the computer?

http://www.ableton.com/sampler

Word. Use what works then. Check out that Ableton sampler video, you can do a lot of cool FM stuff with it. You might want to check out the Korg Nano series. I have the pads and the keys, but I'm selling the pads (my MIDI keyboard has pads on them already). You can do a lot of cool shit with them, and they're not very expensive at all.

Try to find a free version of this, too: http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/products...dex.php?lang=en