TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - February 23, 2009

That was good and lame at the same time.

HHH gets 7 years bad luck now right

I blame the alternating shots. It kills the spontaneous aspect of a cameraman trying to keep up with the action when there was apparently someone waiting in that room for just such an emergency.

I blame the alternating shots. It kills the spontaneous aspect of a cameraman trying to keep up with the action when there was apparently someone waiting in that room for just such an emergency.

Eh, I didn't think of it much. It was better than the 'car cam' when JBL tried to run over Cena.

Quick thoughts on tonight's Raw

-I'm getting bored with "Jericho beats up Legends"

-Apparently, Cody and Ted jr are so cheap, they refuse to but sledgehammers

-Also, Orton has clearly never seen "Die Hard."

I know a lot of peope will say Savage/Steamboat was their favorite Steamboat match, but I recall a match where Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes won the Tag Titles from Arn Anderson and Larry Zybysko as my favorite.

BTW, has anyone seen "The Wrestler"?

That's one of my all-time favorite matches as well.

We've discussed this before, and yeah. One of my fondest memories as a fan.

"Not Ricky Steamboat!"

He's just a man..

I quite liked the Steamboat angle tonight since him being beat up was the first time in this Jericho storyline that I've felt he went after someone who truly didn't deserve it. These other guys like Flair and Piper actually have outstayed their welcome to varying degrees, whereas Steamboat retired 15 years ago and has largely stayed out of the spotlight.

As far as the whole Michaels/UT angle goes, this Kozlov stuff is ultra frustrating. On the No Way Out thread (and also a few SD threads) I mentioned how it was stupid to put Kozlov in the EC match since he would have to lose but then they would keep hyping him anyway. And guess what? They quite literally are trying to act like he didn't lose clean in the middle on the last PPV! This is like Sid in 1999 x 100. Won't really matter though, since he's hopefully losing next week and there will be no doubt about it.

Jericho should've DDT's him on the cement and dropped a ring bell on his throat

Yeah, that would be awesome!! However, I think this storyline is only including WWE HOF'ers and not guys Vince is keeping out of the HOF :lol:

Jamie Noble was legitimately injured during his "match" with Mike Knox on Raw. He was immoble in the ring and had to be removed from the ring on a stretcher.

That sounds bad...I thought when Knox hit his finisher it looked pretty violent and I noticed he seemed to say something to him or was staying close by like something was wrong. i really hope noble is ok.

Yeah, the Noble stuff looked pretty bad. During the break, the refs and agents and all where gathering around him. We weren't sure if it was an angle at first, but it became obvious when they started scrambling around trying to figure out what to do. Doing the Jericho/Steamboat angle on the ramp was definitely a last minute decision.

It looked like Knox's big scissor kick is what took Noble out or that was one hell of a sell. I'm assuming the kick is what knocked him really loopy and then the finisher just made things worse.

That ending. It was interesting. It went back and forth between things I liked and things that were lame. I loved when HHH hit DiBiase with the sledgehammer and found himself face to face with Orton finally. Orton really should have RKOd him from there. That would have made my night.