TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - February 23, 2009

Tonight would have been a good night to add any potential members to Legacy. Could have had Triple H closing in on Orton by the mirror, and have a guy like DH Smith come in through the side door and blindside Triple H with another sledgehammer.

I don't know if that was just a bad crowd or they had micing problems (at various points, notably during the Steamboat/Jericho segment, there were audible 'clicks' or 'audio jumps' - the best terms I can come up with - that seemed to indicate someone in the truck was trying to tinker with the crowd volume) but they seemed like a 'meh' bunch.

I'm going to have to disagree with Gary Floyd's opinion on the Jericho bits because like last week's segment with Piper, his bit with Steamboat was fantastic. It's great how they can work in seemingly trivial bits of wrestling lore (Steamboat never working as a heel) and play off of that. Props to the crew for using Steamboat's often edited off DVD and 24/7 WCW theme in the HOF piece, too.

Did anyone else catch Lawler's subtle depressed comment about never wrestling at WrestleMania? It was either during the MITB Qualifier or Shawn vs. JBL since Mania was discussed, which I think further lends credence to the idea he might be one of Jericho's Legend Gauntlet opponents.

I am looking forward to Kozlov vs. HBK next week. What a test that will be for Shawn.

I don't know if that was just a bad crowd or they had micing problems (at various points, notably during the Steamboat/Jericho segment, there were audible 'clicks' or 'audio jumps' - the best terms I can come up with - that seemed to indicate someone in the truck was trying to tinker with the crowd volume) but they seemed like a 'meh' bunch.

Crowd seemed pretty hot all night to me. At least for this era's standards.

They quite literally are trying to act like he didn't lose clean in the middle on the last PPV! This is like Sid in 1999 x 100.

And by next week it'll be like Sid x 108, with no explanation.

While Orton and DiBiase were running from HHH, they reached the end of a hallway with double doors leading somewhere. They tried to open them and they were seemingly not locked, but just let them close and took a right turn through a doorway. What the heck was that? Why didn't they just go though those doors? Were they supposed to be locked, but someone forgot?

I actually didn't like the whole chase scene at the end of Raw. I swear the only thing it was missing was a table in between Orton and HHH and them playing Ring around a rosie with it until Orton was able to break away. It just felt like something out of a cartoon or a comedy movie where the people who were being chased were just throwing random objects at the chaser hoping it would stop or slow him down.

What was the whole point of Dibiase and Orton grabbing weapons (pipe and guardrail thingy) to defend themselves only to drop them and run away? Doesn't Cryme Time have issues with Priceless anyways? Why didn't they help HHH by stopping Dibiase and Orton? They had two chances and they didn't even move. Why didn't Orton and Dibiase just duck out to where Ricky Ortiz did? He seemed to have found the door that was on their right that wasn't locked that got him off camera. The whole thing was just bad.

Just because I have issues with somebody, I'm not going to trip them while an axe murderer is chasing them.

They grabbed the weapons, then got scared and realized that the weapons they had wouldn't be that effective (what was it, a 15 foot pole?) so they ditched them and kept running.

I was at the show last night, and I know it's still a recent name change, but no matter, how hard they try to change Cena's finisher name, the crowd chanted F-U.

I actually didn't like the whole chase scene at the end of Raw. I swear the only thing it was missing was a table in between Orton and HHH and them playing Ring around a rosie with it until Orton was able to break away. It just felt like something out of a cartoon or a comedy movie where the people who were being chased were just throwing random objects at the chaser hoping it would stop or slow him down.

What was the whole point of Dibiase and Orton grabbing weapons (pipe and guardrail thingy) to defend themselves only to drop them and run away? Doesn't Cryme Time have issues with Priceless anyways? Why didn't they help HHH by stopping Dibiase and Orton? They had two chances and they didn't even move. Why didn't Orton and Dibiase just duck out to where Ricky Ortiz did? He seemed to have found the door that was on their right that wasn't locked that got him off camera. The whole thing was just bad.

The whole thing was just entirely amateurish. You'd think, by now, WWE would be able to pull off something like this with a little more fluidity and less fuck ups. Even the camera guys were off, completely missing the sledge going through the mirror.. that would've been a cool shot but for some reason he decided to focus on Randy running away to the door instead of the sledge that was flying at his head.

When HHH was still a real man, he wouldn't have given up the sledgehammer. He would have been all "okay, I'll fight like a man" and then pull one out of his boot or have Flair toss him a second one.

:lol:

Jamie Noble was hurt in his match with Mike Knox. It appeared to be a neck injury possibly caused by Knox's twisting neckbreaker finisher. Referees and EMT's came down while the Jericho/Steamboat segment was going on, and they took a lot of care in getting Noble on a stretcher, and he was taken out along the side of the ramp while the Jericho/Steamboat segment was happening. He said Noble did seem to be able to move his arms. He also said a lot of the crowd was not paying attention to what was being said with Jericho and Steamboat, as everyone seemed to be concerned with what was happening in the ring.

Jamie Noble was hurt in his match with Mike Knox. It appeared to be a neck injury possibly caused by Knox's twisting neckbreaker finisher. Referees and EMT's came down while the Jericho/Steamboat segment was going on, and they took a lot of care in getting Noble on a stretcher, and he was taken out along the side of the ramp while the Jericho/Steamboat segment was happening. He said Noble did seem to be able to move his arms. He also said a lot of the crowd was not paying attention to what was being said with Jericho and Steamboat, as everyone seemed to be concerned with what was happening in the ring.

Okay, Knox needs a new finisher. That one looks like shit, and it's proven to not even be safe now.

I like the Knox finisher, but not if it's hurting people. I wonder if Noble was knocked silly from the big boot and thus wasn't protecting himself during the Knox finisher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wbscVr5BAE

It looks like Noble takes the big boot at a weird angle - almost off the top of his head. Then because of the time limit gimmick, Knox rushes the pick up and finisher without checking on Noble.

Yes.

I almost jizzed my pants when HHH pulled out the second sledgehammer! He's so cool! I love watching him one-up, outsmart, and kick the ass of every guy he ever faces! It's so fresh I really hope he can get revenge for that sweet and sympathetic Stephanie! WIN IT FOR HER HUNTER! I wasn't so interested in this feud until it became about revenge for the McMahons. They mean everything to me.

The only thing I don't understand is when HHH and Steph became married again? Didn't they get divorced on the show? Didn't he spend the past 3-4 years calling her a bitch and making fun of her in storyline terms? Now all of a sudden they're happily married and always have been? That shit is crazy. Next thing you'll tell me is Vickie and Edge aren't really a couple!!

I can't wait for Wrestlemania. I wish the WWE would let me pay $89.99 for the show because they deserve even more money than they are charging for this level of excitement.

Was it ever confirmed that HHH and Stephanie officially divorced onscreen?

Ssssshhhh! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER THAT!

[/WWE booking committee]

We would have also accepted...

<WWE Creative>Would you look at this please?

t10neuralizer.jpg

I don't have a problem with that really. They are just fixing the situation with HHH/Steph. It's easy enough to assume they reconciled at some point in the past 6 years or so.

Why would anyone think Kozlov is going to face UT at WM in any scenario? There is no way WWE is dumb enough to tease Taker/HBK and not do that match. Kozlov is being hyped for now as a blocking device, as in "Whoa, can Shawn beat this guy to get to Taker?" Basically Kozlov is being built up to be fed to HBK, so that Shawn can be fed to Taker.