TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers for Feb. 26 and March 5, 2009

*The Beautiful People defeated Taylor Wilde & Madison Rayne after Rayne slapped Taylor and abandoned her.

*TNA Tag Team champions Beer Money Inc. defeated The Rock N' Rave in an Off the Wagon Challenge when Robert Roode defeated Lance Hoyt.

*Mike Tenay interviews the Main Event Mafia inside the ring. Tenay asks Sting if he will defend the TNA title against Kurt Angle at Destination X. Kevin Nash says he is the spokesperson and claims that everything within the Mafia and they are still a family. Tenay says it doesn't seem like they are united. Nash says that Tenay works for Jeff Jarrett and it was Jarrett who wanted them to kill each other in the first place. Nash said they don't have to always get along but they respect each other. He says TNA cannot beat them. Jeff Jarrett comes out and says he is seeing firsthand that Sting isn't buying any of this crap. Jarrett asks Sting where his integrity is after Angle spit right in his face. He says Sting and Angle are polar opposites and as the founder of TNA, he is allowing Angle to challenge Sting at the PPV. Booker T asked Jarrett why he founded a company of nobodies and that without the Mafia, TNA would be nothing. Jarrett told Sting and Angle he would see them later for a contract signing.

*Don West takes a house mic and announces that earlier this week, TNA management had a meeting with him about his future in the company. He says that Mike Tenay didn't do anything to defend West and tried to stay neutral. West said that Tenay is a "selfish pr***" and says that he knows two things - that their friendship will never be the same and Tenay can stick the mic West is holding up his a**.

*TNA X-Division champ Alex Shelley won a Four Way Ladder Match over Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin, and Consequences Creed. Suicide attacked all four and then held up the X-Division championship.

*Sojo Bolt and Rhaka Khan come out and call out Awesome Kong and Saeid, then defeat them. Kong destroys them both afterwards.

*Jeff Jarrett comes out and brings out the Main Event Mafia. Kevin Nash tells Jeff that just as Booker T told him earlier, the match is not happening. Jarrett asked Angle, "Aren't you the Godfather of the Mafia?" He compares Kurt Angle to Al Pacino and says the difference is that Angle doesn't have the balls like a real Godfather would. Angle takes the contract, then lays out Jarett. Mick Foley hits the ring but Angle grabs him in an anklelock. Sting comes out with a bat, nails Angle, then signs the contract.

*TNA X-Division champ Alex Shelley defeated Kiyoshi. Suicide attacked both members of the Motor City Machineguns and laid them out afterwards, holding up the X-Division title belt.

*LAX come out. Hernandez says that they will take Beer Money Inc.'s challenge tonight and get back their TNA Tag Team championships.

*Mick Foley comes out and introduces TNA champion Sting. Foley thanks Sting for saving him "last week." Foley said that he watched the Academy Awards and Mickey Rourke nearly won the Oscar for The Wrestler. Foley said that the type of person Randy the Ram was could have been him if he hadn't dropped an elbow on Sting back in the day. Foley said that back then Sting saved him and now he wants to save Sting. Foley says that he wants to think that we've seen the last of Sting as a member of the Main Event Mafia and that TNA needs Sting. Sting says that he appreciates the words but he can't just let Angle control the Mafia and notes he has no problems with any of the other members. Kevin Nash, Booker T and Scott Steiner come out. Nash said he thought The Wrestler sucked and tells Foley to shut up. He tells Sting that Foley is in the office and not really one of the boys. Sting says that Angle didn't respect him when he spit in Sting's face. Nash said they can battle and no matter what, the TNA belt will stay in the family, or Sting can turn his back on the family. Nash tells Sting that the decision is his.

*Don West was out for an on camera segment for the second episode but left.

*Kurt Angle and Jay Lethal came brawling out from backstage in suits. Angle laid Lethal out and took his suit. It appeared this was something that started backstage that wasn't shown live to the crowd.

*LAX defeated TNA Tag Team champions Beer Money Inc. by DQ when they nailed Hernandez with a chair. Team 3D hit the ring for the save and challenged Beer Money to a match at Destination X.

*Kurt Angle comes out and says, "Hey boss", referring to Jeff Jarrett. He promises to eat up Jarrett as an appetizer and that Sting will be the main course at Destination X. Jarrett comes out in street clothes. He and Angle brawl through the Impact Zone and he finally throws Angle out of the building and slams the door on him. Jarrett, Team 3D and Mick Foley congratulate Jarrett and they all celebrate in the ring.

Wow, a Don West heel turn? Well, at least that either will accomplish one of two things, or perhaps both. Have him leave the announce booth, or at worst have him turn into a heel commentator, which sounds at least ok from a first impression standpoint.

So I'm guessing a five way Ultimate X match with those four guys and Suicide? That should be good, since Daniels or Kaz are going to be under the mask there.

So both Rock and Rave are gone I would assume from losing that match?

I read somewhere that the Madison Rayne chick is supposed to be the new member of the BP, makes sense by having her turn on Taylor Wild.

Sounds like a hell of a mess in that Mafia/Jarrett segment. When will TNA ever learn that even when a heel says the company is/was full of nobodies, that it's not a good idea?

The guy getting put over the most from the big angle is Jarrett.

This stuff sounds totally insane. Who knows what to make of the Don West angle, but somehow I don't think it means he's gone. It's a typical goofy Russo angle with an announcer turning heel.

To be fair, heel announcers do tend to be more fun. I mean, Ventura, Heenan, Heyman, JBL, mid to late 90s Lawler and so on. West isn't anywhere near as good as any of the folks I mentioned, but who knows? He might be more tolerable as a disgruntled dick heel instead of super-shilling face announcer. Hell, he may even surprise everyone and prove a competent heel announcer.

Hell, he may even surprise everyone and prove a competent heel announcer.

I don't know. When he's calm, he sounds like he's been kicked in the groin. Maybe he'll tone that down though.

West can go back to the Shop at Home channel, if it's still around, for all I care. I still don't think I've laughed as hard as I did when he once said (around 1999 or so) "FOLKS, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW IMPORTANT THE MARK MCGUIRE ROOKIE CARD IS TO YOUR COLLECTION! LET ME PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE! WHEN YOU DIE, IF YOU DO NOT PRESENT SAINT PETER WITH THE MARK MCGUIRE ROOKIE, THEN THE GATES OF HEAVEN WILL NOT OPEN FOR YOU!!!!!!"

God, I love Don West! Anyways, these two tapings sound like a mess, though it is about time TNA actually does something with the Suicide character.

though it is about time TNA actually does something with the Suicide character.

Other than drop it? Which would be a much better idea.

A Don West heel turn could be a good thing. Heel anouncers are more fun. As long as it doesn't lead to a Mike Tenay vs Don West match, then I will be a happy man.

Isn't Christopher Daniels stuck being Suicide until Kaz recovers from injury? FRONTLINE really needs someone, ANYONE, other than Foley and Jarrett to rise. Right now, they got nothing. This is insane.

Heel announcer Don West though, that might work. I'm a huge believer in face/heel announce teams are better than two agreeing idiots.

Not sure about Jimmy Rave, but Lance Hoyt is now a member of the Voodoo Murders in All Japan.

Not sure about Jimmy Rave, but Lance Hoyt is now a member of the Voodoo Murders in All Japan.

Rave also was given his walking papers, so he's not coming back either.

Who was the other guy in the Ali picture that they did the joke with in the Booker T segment?

Why doesn't Booker T's home boys know his real name?

Oh God Abyss likes the Jonahs Bros. Oye.

Good to know Abyss sessions last 30 seconds.

Geez, are so many close-ups of Tenay really necessary?

I swear, I keep thinking they're gonna do a thing where the MEM got in West's ear and got him thinking that Tenay sold him out when he really didn't...leading to West's comeback. Really hope that isn't the case.

Now Sabin's talking about practicing spots before a gimmick match. Kayfabe~!

Sabin, "This company was so halfassed they didn't figure out how to setup the gimmick until 10 minutes before showtime."

Brody, haha. I also noticed Sabin's bizarre break of kayfabe where he basically admitted that they practiced the spots in the Ultimate X match. Feel the Russo~!

The one thing that struck me as hysterical that no one really mentioned though was Steiner tonight. Bear in mind that Samoa Joe held a knife (?) to his throat and basically threatened his life, then a few minutes later he simply walks out with the MEM and is just fine. Not rattled a bit. It was such a blatant pretaped segment with Joe since Steiner never referred to it again and didn't sell it.

Good grief, until the X Division title match there actually had been more Knockouts wrestling on this show than the men. Stuff like that just shouldn't happen.

I probably haven't paid attention to TNA as I should (insert comment about how that's a good thing), but when exactly did Joe turn into a knife weilding sociopath?

I know wrestling regularly features stuff that realistically would send guys to jail, but the Joe/Steiner bit seemed a bit much.

Basically the Main Event Mafia beat Joe down and treated him like a jobber, so he took some time off to sell that. He came back with an ultra jobberific face paint gimmick and mostly threatened the MEM in pretaped interviews. Now's stalking Steiner and trying to kill him with either weightlifting equipment or with a knife. Are we supposed to want him to get revenge on Steiner? Dude, it was a typical heel beatdown, hardly worth killing someone and going to jail over.

Basically the Main Event Mafia beat Joe down and treated him like a jobber, so he took some time off to sell that. He came back with an ultra jobberific face paint gimmick and mostly threatened the MEM in pretaped interviews. Now's stalking Steiner and trying to kill him with either weightlifting equipment or with a knife. Are we supposed to want him to get revenge on Steiner? Dude, it was a typical heel beatdown, hardly worth killing someone and going to jail over.

I find it odd in kayfabe its Steiner he's going after. Nash is the one who betrayed him, his issues with Angle are well known, Sting took his title, hell even Booker he feuded with a while about six months ago and has a championship to take. Yet its Scott he's going crazy over.