TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers for Feb. 26 and March 5, 2009

You can always go to the house show and if you run into Dixie, who is usually walking around the crowd, tell her how rediculous this shit has gotten.

Outside of that segment which was so bad it was hysterical, this week's show was just...counter productive and boring.

Atleast last weeks show had the sheer oddity of it being perhaps the worst wrestling show ever put on national TV. This didn't even have that going for it.

Yeah, it seemed like besides that silly long segment of Booker/Styles/Steiner/Joe/Tenay/West, the rest of that show was completely forgettable. Hell, I can't think of anything else that happened on the show besides Angle getting thrown out of the building at the end, and him attacking everyone throughout the show. I will say, I fucking love watching this silly shit each week though. I mean, where else are you going to see a wrestling show where a guy is threatened with a weird knife every week!? :lol: And if you thought last week's episode of impact was the worst wrestling show ever, I advise you to watch that one episode of impact I talked about a few weeks ago on here, where Angle went around bars meeting those strange women. No wrestling show will ever be as bad as that stuff.

DVD MB on what Simpson Characters are Don West and Mick Foley:

The only infomercial guys I remember on the Simpsons were Dr. Nick and Troy McClure (who fits the promotion as a whole - I could see them passing up success on a chance to create Professor Humpnagel's Fabulous Contraption, or whatever that film was). Wiggum works perfectly for Foley. I could see him putting a gun to his head clean out ear wax, or waddling to chase a duck who stole something from him.

Watching Mike Tenay "act" during the Don West storyline is the highlight of TNA.

Don West pulls his end off well. Mike Tenay looks like Kermit the frog with his overblown facial expressions.

TNA believes they're doing good.

That's not a joke. They honest to god believe they are producing a good weekly product.

Two of the three people in creative have good wrestling minds and should know better. Quite how Jarrett and Dutch think they're putting out a quality product is one of life's great mysteries.

After segments like this, why does anyone ever try to defend either Vince Russo or TNA as anything but imbecilic trash?

- No one does anymore.

Lucky Lopez usually makes a valiant attempt to defend TNA and, unlike most of the pro-Russo/TNA folks here, makes something approaching a credible argument, so his take on this abomination should be interesting.

Impact scored another 1.3 in the ratings last night. It drew it's largest average audience ever, and finished second in it's time slot in the basic cable ratings.

Source; Prowrestling.net

I dont think they really think in creative that they are doing this groundbreaking job in booking, I really don't. I think they don't take it seriously and aim to make it akin to something like a bad cult B-movie, but still trying to keep a bit of more serious thought in the main event level stuff, however. I mean cmon, take a look at the Dr Stevie segments for example.

It seems clear that Dutch is just happy to be drawing a check at this point, as the storylines don't have any of his prints on them anymore (the slow burns with obvious twists that they do anyway). Dutch is a kind of slow boring booker...Russo is obviously a too fast frantic mess... Jarrett should really know better though.

The problem with the group isn't that they can't come up with a good idea...it's that when they get one it's like they're racing to see how fast they can kill it. And also they come up with some really bad ideas (Abyss's last year comes to mind immediately).

I just don't get how this show keeps breaking ratings records? They must be doing something right I guess.

Fuck Kurt Angle, Don West is the best heel in that company. Although I got to give Angle credit, the end of Impact with Jarrett was pretty good in a Memphis studio brawl type way.

Oh and someone tell me why I should be rooting for a guy that holds a knife to another guys throat?

Even if the end brawl was good, it still made absolutely no sense on even a practical level.

Jarrett/Angle is not the main event of the next PPV. The next PPV is Angle/Sting. Was there any build for that? At all? A short segment with Sting is all I can think of.

And the ratings are weird, but I really think it's gotten to a car crash level. People aren't tuning in because they like it. They're tuning in to see how bad it's getting. If people actually cared, TNA would not be losing money on the PPV's they do right now. When you lose money for big shows that people have to pay to see, it's a bad sign.

The thing is, I think they peaked with their Angle/Sting build two weeks ago with the empty arena fight, and were left to try and fill 3 more weeks. Also, despite this show having some pretty big matches made on it (Sting/Angle, Joe returning to face Steiner, AJ/Booker) one of their couple "big" ppvs is coming up right after it. They're keeping the JJ/Angle feud going to then...and they're probably plating some kind of seeds with the Foley/Sting stuff.

Basically they already pulled the Sting/Angle rabbit out of the hat and keeping the kids interested when the rabbit's already hopping around on stage is a problem.

Formally known as CubbyBr, I had to change my username since I didn't remember the e-mail address I had registered the old username with. Almost missed this little dig by HTQ in the process...

It's as if he's under the impression that Russo has a major hand in writing the show and has shown a tendency to try and recreate the Attitude Era over and over and over again.

The "having a hard on for Russo" comment was due to the fact that it seems like he has some kind of man crush on the guy since he mentions him in almost every post. Maybe he should be under the impression of the fact that Russo is, at the most, a third of a booking committee lead by JEFF JARRETT. Jarrett has the final say on everything that gets on TV and the direction of the company is Jeff Jarrett's and Dixie Carter's not Vince Russo's. Many of the things you complain about in TNA have been around for years, way before Russo was hired back in 2006.

West's heel rant on Tenay this week was hysterical. I watched it on DVR about 3 times. "I just can't... look at your face!" :lol:

Right now TNA is some sort of deranged guilty pleasure. I now look forward to it each week just to see how utterly horrid it will be. It's certainly more absurd fun than the dreary, serious dreck that is Raw these days.

West's heel rant on Tenay this week was hysterical. I watched it on DVR about 3 times. "I just can't... look at your face!"

And in a rare moment of agreement with cabbageboy, I too watched and laughed at that part several times.

I also liked Don West's little throwaway line "this is lame". :lol: Also, did anyone else think it was really weird how the announcers kept calling Samoa Joe's actions the "nation of violence"? What the hell does that even mean? It kinda reminded me of the "one warrior nation"!

I have no idea what its supposed to mean but its the term Joe's been using since his "return." So it wasn't Tenay's idea. Just him using Joe's line.

Part of me dreads whatever Samoans are free agents showing up as a new stable, or something.

I have no idea what its supposed to mean but its the term Joe's been using since his "return." So it wasn't Tenay's idea. Just him using Joe's line.

Part of me dreads whatever Samoans are free agents showing up as a new stable, or something.

Manu.

I find it ironic how over the years people had always been glad Joe is in TNA and not in WWE because they feared that the moment he entered WWE he would become something along the lines of Umaga, or other type of typical wrestling Samoan, and now in TNA it's happening before our eyes.

Only it's so much worse than what I would have imagined for him in WWE.

Manu.

I find it ironic how over the years people had always been glad Joe is in TNA and not in WWE because they feared that the moment he entered WWE he would become something along the lines of Umaga, or other type of typical wrestling Samoan, and now in TNA it's happening before our eyes.

Only it's so much worse than what I would have imagined for him in WWE.

I would much rather Joe do this silly shit with his knife rather than playing a bland Umaga type character in WWE. I don't trash TNA for doing these crazy angles like this because I find it much more enjoyable and funny than Raw's really boring and ultra serious tone.

I loved the ODB segment. Mainly for one reason.

The random guy with the drum who's only purpose was to perform a rimshot after ODB made a deez nuts joke... was there any introduction or explanation of him in the past that I missed? I sure hope not. They should stick him in a different segment every week. No explanation neccessary.

Don West burying the main event was awesome

Cornette bribing booker by refusing to return booker's property was great

TNA logic everybody

The funny thing about West burying the main event of the night, was that the audience at home is supposed to disagree with West, and we're supposed to look forward to the main event, but considering that the mystery partner ended up being one of Angle's security guards, West had a good point to make fun of it.