TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

Anybody here seen "The Wrestler"?

I don't want to ruin the surprise, but I hear that Mickey Rourke plays a wrestler in this movie. I haven't actually seen it. I hear that he talks to Jack Nicholson and is all "your time is up, my time is now." And he makes a hand gesture which would seem to indicate that his fellow combatant cannot see him. And I guess Marisa Tomei is in the movie, although I must confess that I have not seen the film. I hear that for all the kudos Rourke is getting, Vladimir Kozlov really carries the movie. Discuss.

Have you ever seen a one trick pony in the field so happy and free?

If you've ever seen a one trick pony then you've seen me

Have you ever seen a one-legged dog making its way down the street?

If you've ever seen a one-legged dog then you've seen me

Then you've seen me, I come and stand at every door

Then you've seen me, I always leave with less than I had before

Then you've seen me, bet I can make you smile when the blood, it hits the floor

Tell me, friend, can you ask for anything more?

Tell me can you ask for anything more?

Have you ever seen a scarecrow filled with nothing but dust and wheat?

If you've ever seen that scarecrow then you've seen me

Have you ever seen a one-armed man punching at nothing but the breeze?

If you've ever seen a one-armed man then you've seen me

Then you've seen me, I come and stand at every door

Then you've seen me, I always leave with less than I had before

Then you've seen me, bet I can make you smile when the blood, it hits the floor

Tell me, friend, can you ask for anything more?

Tell me can you ask for anything more?

These things that have comforted me, I drive away

This place that is my home I cannot stay

My only faith's in the broken bones and bruises I display

Have you ever seen a one-legged man trying to dance his way free?

If you've ever seen a one-legged man then you've seen me

I don't want to ruin the surprise, but I hear that Mickey Rourke plays a wrestler in this movie. I haven't actually seen it. I hear that he talks to Jack Nicholson and is all "your time is up, my time is now." And he makes a hand gesture which would seem to indicate that his fellow combatant cannot see him. And I guess Marisa Tomei is in the movie, although I must confess that I have not seen the film. I hear that for all the kudos Rourke is getting, Vladimir Kozlov really carries the movie. Discuss.

So you won Poster of the Year here, huh?

So you won Poster of the Year here, huh?

Listen, what are you implying by asking that question? I don't know you. Don't pretend that we know each other.

A thought: If TSM were to have a Mount Rushmore, all four faces would belong to me. There would be Happy Kinetic, Caffeinated Kinetic, Drunk Kinetic, and Recently Bathed Kinetic. Nobody else would be allowed on this carving. You can't even take pictures of it. Why don't you just go home?

I haven't seen one serious response to my original post in this thread. I should have known that it was a waste of time trying to have a serious discussion about high-brow cinema here. Let's try this instead: Y'all fellers seen Paul Blart: Mall Cop? It's got that fat waste from that one awful show, but instead of being a UPS guy, he works mall security. And then something happens and I guess he dies, but his ghost comes back and haunts a Sbarro.

I was thinking about starting a thread about The French New Wave in Movies/DVD/TV last night before realizing it'd probably end up getting one serious response from Byron The Bulb and then somebody asking me why I wasn't posting the thread in the music folder.

I was thinking about starting a thread about The French New Wave in Movies/DVD/TV last night before realizing it'd probably end up getting one serious response from Byron The Bulb and then somebody asking me why I wasn't posting the thread in the music folder.

Dude, I would post in this thread. Start it.

I wish Criterion or someone would release Celine and Julie Go Boating on DVD in the US. I really want to see it but don't feel like shelling out $60 to import a Region 2 DVD. Someone needs to release Histoire(s) du cinéma over here too.

I felt weird how everyone was talking about the greatness of Mickey Rourke and that he's back, and I had never heard of him before this movie, ever.

He was in Sin City... I mean come on!

He was hot stuff in the 80's too, gonna be like Tom Cruise and shit only with acting skills. Then he got high, and was on a road to flame out, a glorious trainwreck flame out, and now he's back.