TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

The thing I like about Cena is his versatility. You can pair him with almost any heel and there is natural animosity between their character types. Top faces that you can build an entire promotion around are so rare that I knew I wanted one with my first pick. Even had I gotten HHH there is a good chance he would have been a face depending on who ended up falling back to me. I can only think of a couple left off the top of my head without going really old school or picking somebody from outside Canada and the US.

Cena is also someone guaranteed to get a reaction. People either love or despise him, but they aren't indifferent.

I kind of wish Franchise picked Minnesota though, just so we could see HHH wrestle in the HHH Metrodome.

If I took Savage, I wanted to match up Edge with him. And Rowdy Piper was one of the people I wanted to match Hogan with. This draft is pretty unpredictable compared to the last draft.

There's one guy that I thought for sure would be a Top 10 if not Top 5 pick that I'm crossing my fingers and hoping he'll somehow fall down to me. Though I doubt that'll happen.

Really, there are four or five obvious guys who'll obviously go near the very top (Hogan, Austin, Rock, and Flair) and then after that, it gets kind of confusing. There are maybe 20 guys that could go next and I wouldn't say the drafter was wasting a pick.

Edge going before [can't say] bothers me a little.

When this unnamed guy goes, I'd be interested in hearing who it is. There's probably a few who could fill that gap.

You won't be surprised, although I could see why someone would take Edge first. Depends on the type of promotion you have in mind I guess.

This is really going to differ from the first draft in the second round, since that is when some of the top tag teams started to go. Obviously, with one-at-a-time selections going, that will not be the case. And managerial/other talents are all on the board as well.

Let's see. Interesting to see what is still available at this point in the draft. For venue, I am going to take the Mid-South territory.

The home venue is the Louisiana Superdome.

112807superdome.jpg

I also intend to stake claim to Oklahoma, Mississippi and Arkansas.

My first pick is one of the most versatile wrestlers of all time, Terry Funk.

NWA_Champ_Terry_Funk.jpg

Yeah but to be fair to the good citizens of those states, are there any other really great wrestling venues in them?

Hope this doesn't count as a spoiler but is anybody else surprised to see no venues outside of North America get picked so far? I know that this board isn't really big on international wrestling but I thought for sure one or two would be off the board.

I thought about taking Tokyo but I didn't want to adjust to a Japanese roster.

Ditto.

Although if Edge had have gone after Sting, I might have considered it more seriously and snatched up the big Puro names. I'm no expert, but I know enough.

The first I knew that this was going on was when I got a PM informing me it was my pick, so having to choose rather quickly before bed, here goes.

For my venue I choose Memphis and The Mid-South Coliseum.

3205258828_ff03020d14.jpg

For my first pick of the draft, I couldn't resist picking up my personal favourite.

He can play both face and heel with no problems, and has top draw mic skills. He's no slouch in the ring and has worn gold numerous times. He can be relied on to match up well with more or less anyone.

He is the first ever undisputed champion and the man formally known as Y2J, he is Chris Jericho

jericho003.jpg

Franchise, I never knew you thought so highly of me.

In the last draft Jericho was the only guy that I was really bummed about not getting so couldn't let him slip through.

On behalf of Sivy

We have our first intercontinental venue as we venture across the pond to Sivy's locale in jolly ol' England. His home base will be set in the city of London, with the main venue being Wembley Stadium.

wembleystadium.jpg

His first round selection is possibly the most talked about wrestler in the WWE today, and arguably the best heel in the entire company. Ladies and gentlemen, hide your daughters and lock your hotel rooms.

The number eighteen selection is...

Randy Orton

randyorton83.jpg

I'm absolutely shocked one of my Top Five wrestlers and territories lasted until pick 19.

That said, my territory is based out of.....CALGARY, ALBERTA, CANADA with my home venue being the Stampede Corral.

800px-Stampede-Corral-Szmurlo.jpg

As far as wrestlers to build a promotion around, there aren't many better than...KURT ANGLE!

kurtangle_280_451601a.jpg

HOLY SHIT! The guy I thought might go Top 5 and certainly thought would go Top 10 has fallen to me! In fact, both of these guys could have gone in The Top 10 easy IMHO.

Before we get to them, let's talk about where I'm going to base my promotion. This city was a hotbed for wrestling in the '60s, '70s, and early '80s. It also plays a part in my super card's name....

I'm going to go with Miami, Florida as my home base and the setting for my super show will be a recently closed stadium that held a few CWF super cards in its heyday as well as a few Super Bowls.

miami-orange-bowl.jpg

The Miami Orange Bowl

My television tapings will mostly take place at a legendary boxing and wrestling venue of the '60s and '70s...

Miami_Beach_Conventio-4680.jpg

The Miami Beach Convention Center

To fill an 80,000 seat venue- you're going to need two huge stars and both of these guys fit the bill in more ways than one.

This first guy is one of the most beloved figures in professional wrestling. He was perhaps the biggest draw in pro wrestling in the '70s and first half of the '80s before shockingly turning heel and becoming one of the most hated men in the sport. He is one of the greatest big men to ever grace the ring and a name that virtually anyone with any knowledge of pro wrestling will identify with it. I'm sure you figured out long ago who I'm taking. With the last pick in the first round of the second all time wrestling roster draft, I'm proud to select...

95.jpg

"The Eighth Wonder of The World" Andre The Giant!

I plan on using him in his lovable, gentle giant incarnation. But he'll be provoked into action by his ruthless opponent, who'll be able to handle his own and then some against the giant...

With the first pick of the second round, I'm picking a guy who made a huge impact in his short professional wrestling career. He is effective as a babyface but I'll be using him as a ruthless, psychotic heel. He is not only a giant killer but a legend killer and will stop at nothing to cut Andre down to size. He's a three time former WWE Champion, a former IWGP Champion, not to mention the current UFC Heavyweight Champion. With the first pick in the second round of the second all time wrestling roster draft, I'm proud to select...

14.jpg

Brock Lesnar!

I think some tremendous picks will be taken until it's my turn to draft again.

Thus, I can't pass up the opportunity to draft the ultimate babyface. I imagine he'd have a classic match with Kurt Angle in my SuperCard.

My second round choice is:

steamboatricky.jpg

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat!