TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

Being one of (if not) the biggest star of the Florida territory in the '70s and '80s, Dusty was my first choice for my next pick.

That was pretty much why Dusty made it onto my list, seeing as I picked Orlando as a venue. And since Angle went and Eddie went and Steamboat went... otherwise, not on my radar. But then he went.

I've got a feeling I'm going to fare a little better in the later stages of the draft. I've got the Drury factor going, no shame in picking up some of the cartoon era gimmicks, good bad or otherwise. Although the rate things are going I'll probably end up scrapping with Steviekick over the CHIKARA roster.

I hope this isn't a spoiler but there are two guys that are left on the board now that were picked in the first round last go 'round.One I'm sort of surprised to see still around and the other not so much. I already have a feeling that this draft will have more of an emphasis on work rate than star power.

For those wondering; there were three overall picked in the first round last time that didn't get picked in the first this time around (Brock Lesnar was the first pick of the second).

I almost took Tokyo as my Hometown, but then I'd have carbon copied my first draft and I wanted to do something different as much as I could this go around.

Also I took a long hard look at Andre with my first pick, but I felt that Vader would have more viable match-ups by the time I got around to taking my next selection, plus I love me some Vader.

Heh, I had connection problems all yesterday so I'm late to the party. Good thing I wasn't in the middle of the pack, ne?

I'm going to draft the two guys to be in my co-main event before I start going after tag teams. I'm in a position though where it'll be relatively easy to pick up tag teams. Hopefully, some good teams will still be on the board when I make my fifth and sixth picks.

raven.jpg

RAVEN

This draft is very unpredictable, so I'm picking someone to be a foil to Roddy Piper sooner than later. He's probably one of the best promo/mic guys ever and has an unbelievable sense of in ring psychology to his matches. He can get over with any crowd.

That brings up a question. I remember I took a lot of crap in the last draft for wanting to modernize/update the Headbangers' gimmick. In this draft, is it permissible to slightly repackage someone if they're in a tag team?

On behalf of Kahran Rasmus

Our next draftee is considered to be one of the greatest heels of in the history of the business.

Ladies and gentlemen, the twenty-eighth draft selection is...

* greedy, maniacal laugh *

The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase

75185893.jpg

I'm interested in who's the first to try for a tag team and get burned, leaving them with a singles guy they don't want.

Not that any of us would be cruel enough to do that to anyone...

I could see that with a couple of people. Not with some of the BIG teams, but a couple of guys who are known for being in a team, but then also had a lot of success as a singles competitor in the mid-card. Then again, in that case, you still have a singles competitor that is solid enough.

Honestly, if team choices were allowed I'd have taken a team at 4.

For guys who have had success as singles competitors, there is also going to be a risk. On the plus side, that means you if you get stuck you get a viable singles wrestler as well. There are plenty of teams out there that I doubt people will be interested in as singles wrestlers. I can't name drop, but that's certainly where I'm looking.

Yeah, there's definately going to be an interesting strategy to getting a team unless you're one of the first and last 2-3 people picking. In essence, it's still about picking the right guy at the right time, just like before.

Cena/Dibiase is a great pairing.

The Ultimate Warrior

Ultimate+Warrior.jpg

Unfortunately the last few picks have really messed me up. I wanted HHH/Jericho,Guerrero,Andre..

I'll have to settle for the match that WrestleMania 12 wasn't.

Apologies for the short writeup, but I have to dash quickly.

raven.jpg

RAVEN

This draft is very unpredictable, so I'm picking someone to be a foil to Roddy Piper sooner than later. He's probably one of the best promo/mic guys ever and has an unbelievable sense of in ring psychology to his matches. He can get over with any crowd.

THIEF! They were paired together in the last draft by me but I guess they are destined to dance together again. I'm making the most effort not to draft the same people as I did last year unless it's a situation I can't pass up.

I didn't plan on it. I can say it now because it can't happen, but I wanted my event to be headlined by Piper/Funk after an angle where the two are former tag partners and hate each other. It would be a blow off no holds barred match for the world title. So I had to go back to the drawing board.

I didn't bother to check the last thread for info on previous stuff. Sorry.

ROB_VAN_DAM__3_-_R_480x600.jpg

Rob Van Dam

I'm selecting the Whole F'n Show. He's versitile and the fans love him. Although, I'm not totally sure I'm gonna pair him up against Taker just yet. I might have something else in mind....

My next pick is the heel I had in mind when I started, a guy who could beat the hell outta Sting, and tell him about it in promos too. With my 2nd pick, I select:

20.jpg

"Handsome" Harley Race

Being one of (if not) the biggest star of the Florida territory in the '70s and '80s, Dusty was my first choice for my next pick.

That was pretty much why Dusty made it onto my list, seeing as I picked Orlando as a venue. And since Angle went and Eddie went and Steamboat went... otherwise, not on my radar. But then he went.

I've got a feeling I'm going to fare a little better in the later stages of the draft. I've got the Drury factor going, no shame in picking up some of the cartoon era gimmicks, good bad or otherwise. Although the rate things are going I'll probably end up scrapping with Steviekick over the CHIKARA roster.

I'm going to try to not recreate my Chikarariffic roster from the last draft. We're rassling it up in this one!

I'm going to try to not recreate my Chikarariffic roster from the last draft. We're rassling it up in this one!

At the rate my babyface options were disappearing I'll be pairing Edge against

Tim Donst

at this rate.

In all seriousness, I'm not planning on a lot of indy guys myself.

I dunno, I got one of the greatest all time babyfaces in the 4th round last year. Sometimes guys slip for whatever reason.

Also I just came up with the best idea for my main event, and it's likely to happen.

My God, every thought I had about an opponent for Savage got taken. Andre, Warrior, DiBiase, Perfect, Rhodes, Race...all gone.

But I think I have a pretty good replacement...a consummate babyface that a cocky, paranoid heel like Savage could play perfectly off of, a ground-based style that I think would mesh very well with the acrobatics of Savage, and one of the best draws in history:

sammartino-medium.jpg

Bruno Sammartino

Damn, this second round is killing me more than the first! Both Bruno and DiBiase were high up there for my third choice.

Oh, there's a good chance I'll be gone most of tomorrow and part of Sunday (heading to Boston to visit my brother). Don't know what my internet access will be like so I'll PM mellow my choices just in case.

On behalf of Brooklyn Zoo

Our next draftee is widely considered to be the greatest brawler of all time, and one of the top international stars of the 1970's and 80's.

Ladies and gentlemen, the thirty-third selection...

Bruiser Brody

bruiserbrody.jpg