TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

3d97e248.jpg

The Great Muta

With my next pick, I'm going international. IMO, one of the most gifted workers to grace the ring, and most likely will be in my main event. He's adapted his style to injuries and lengthened his career by changing up the image of his character. I think I'm going to pair him against Taker and play up the "mysticism" that each one possesses.

3d97e248.jpg

The Great Muta

With my next pick, I'm going international. IMO, one of the most gifted workers to grace the ring, and most likely will be in my main event. He's adapted his style to injuries and lengthened his career by changing up the image of his character. I think I'm going to pair him against Taker and play up the "mysticism" that each one possesses.

damn.

Jerry 'The King' Lawler

lawler-jerry11.jpg

The other half of my main event equation, the man who is defending the title against hot up and comer Triple H.

70's Lawler as a babyface vs 2000 Triple H as a heel.

My draft got thrown out of whack a bit with Rude, Hansen & Graham going as I was looking at one of them to be my #2 heel. With that, I'm going to go in a different direction and pick a guy who can turn any Joe Schmoe into a credible heel threat. I've thought about everybody left on the board and thought to myself who would I be most upset about not having on my roster, and discovered the answer.

The greatest manager of all-time...

Bobby-Heenan.jpg

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

My draft got thrown out of whack a bit with Rude, Hansen & Graham going as I was looking at one of them to be my #2 heel. With that, I'm going to go in a different direction and pick a guy who can turn any Joe Schmoe into a credible heel threat. I've thought about everybody left on the board and thought to myself who would I be most upset about not having on my roster, and discovered the answer.

The greatest manager of all-time...

Bobby-Heenan.jpg

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

I was THIS close to taking Heenan isntead of Hall and basically running the Heenan Family/Hogan feud with the Rock. Great pick.

Asshole! I wanted to pair up Benoit with Hansen. Although chances are he probably wouldn't have made it back.

Which is my reasoning for taking him. No chance in hell he'd make it to the end of round 4.

I gotta wonder about some of these "draft plans." Were you really just assuming your fellow drafters would pick utter crap?

*cough*Drury*cough*

I gotta wonder about some of these "draft plans." Were you really just assuming your fellow drafters would pick utter crap?

yes, yes I was. I was hoping you guys would pick nothing but late 80's wwe gimmicks and mexican midget wrestlers.

The idea is "I'm the smartest drafter ever so I've got to be the only who wants this guy." It never works that way.

I'm looking more for specific types than specific guys, but once a certain group of guys is gone there is no point reaching for something you can get later.

I'm looking more for specific types than specific guys, but once a certain group of guys is gone there is no point reaching for something you can get later.

That's what I'm doing.

Vader... needed a viable face. Steiner was around, YAY, I like having a solid technician, there sat Roots Genoa, off the board he comes.

For my next pick of the draft:

Samoa Joe

samoa_joe.jpg

He's someone who I believe could work really well against Jericho or Guerrero.

Dammit, Samoa Joe was my next pick. Though I kind of didn't expect him to last this long and certainly didn't expect him to get back to me. Was hoping lightning would strike twice ala me getting Andre and Brock first go 'round. Oh well.