TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

Alright, time to show my semi-main event. A match that might not be much workrate wise but will embody the larger than life angle that I'm going with for my promotion.

My next pick is one of the great stars of the late '80s and early '90s. Laziness kind of prevented him from reaching his full potential but for years a lot of people were buying him as the next Hulk Hogan and from 1988 to 1992 or so, it was easy to see why. He can work as a face or heel but I honestly liked him better as a dickhead, arrogant heel so I'll be using him as that. He's a two time former WCW World Champion, a four time WCW US Champion, a two time WCW Tag Team Champion, and a two time WCW Television Champion. With my third pick, I'm proud to select...

42.jpg

Lex Luger

This next guy is one of the biggest stars of today. He's got the super intense, babyface act down pat. He might not be a great worker but with a capable opponent, he can have a good match. He's a four time former World Champion, a three time World Tag Team Champion, and former WWE Tag Team Champion. With the first pick in the fourth round of the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I select...

14.jpg

Batista

I'm not sure if my next pick will be considered a reach or not. I wasn't even sure if I was going to include a women's division.

I'm looking for someone who will be the face of my women's division. She's someone who can work, looks great, isn't a bad talker, and is from Canada.

My next selection is:

ts.jpg

Trish Stratus

For my next choice I'm going to add some Japanese talent to the mix.

For my next pick of the draft, Kenta Kobashi.

Kenta_Kobashi__432408a.jpg

Kobashi vs. Joe Part 2.

For my next choice I'm going to add some Japanese talent to the mix.

For my next pick of the draft, Kenta Kobashi.

Kenta_Kobashi__432408a.jpg

Kobashi vs. Joe Part 2.

Well played sir.

I would've picked Kobashi if Samoa Joe had fallen down to me and done that as my semi-main event. I have a feeling it might have been better workrate wise than Lex Luger Vs Batista!

Oh and Kobashi was the last guy who was picked in the first round last go 'round that was unpicked.

I thought I could have gotten Luger since he fell to the 5th round last time. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I was looking to reunite him with Flair in this round. Really appreciate the difference this draft has seen from the previous one.

I thought I could have gotten Luger since he fell to the 5th round last time. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

I was looking to reunite him with Flair in this round. Really appreciate the difference this draft has seen from the previous one.

This draft seems more laid back than the last one. Personally different too, as i'm trying to avoid drafting anybody at all that I drafted last time. Which is why I didn't take Eddie or Kurt again, and wouldn't have wanted Punk.

I'm doing the same and trying to avoid picking the same as I did in the previous draft.

Even though I'm much further down the draft order than last time, I'm actually happier with my first four picks than first go around.

Faces are dropping like flies, so it looks like I'm going to have to get this pick in while I can.

He'll be making up the other half of my topline feud with Edge. Not the greatest mic worker in the world, he is a compelling character, who would mesh well with Edge. With the mic work handled by Edge, this pick would be in pursuit and be built up as a wild man willing to do anything to get the World Title, who Edge would do anything to avoid having to step in the ring with. Sounds good, huh? That ham sandwich will be mine!

My next pick, the 6...4th(?) of the draft.

JimmySnuka.jpg

JIMMY "SUPERFLY" SNUKA

EDIT: 65th pick. Whatever.

I knew Snuka couldn't have been on the board to much longer.

I'd definitely be into an Edge vs. 'Superfly' feud. Good pick.

I was going to point that out.

It also leads me to ask, are we supposed to be drafting announcers?

If you want announcers then go for it. They are not compulsory, though.

Even though I'm much further down the draft order than last time, I'm actually happier with my first four picks than first go around.

Same, I'm happy that I've got four legitimate main event guys with my top four picks.

I think the most interesting rounds are the middle ones honestly. That's when you can really tell where the rosters are going (they're going anywhere).

Trish Stratus was an awesome pick. I can easily find a replacement for about 90% of the wrestlers drafted. Very few females reach the level/skill of Trish.

I considered taking her before Christian.

I'm satisfied with my roster thus far although I really wanted Owen Hart. I was going to take him in the second round, but I couldn't pass up the dream match of Angle/Steamboat.

It's interesting watching the rosters begin to take shape. I'm considering ways to please the tastes of my territory while adding in a few surprises along the way.