TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

With my next pick, I'm getting a little beastly...

sapptime.jpg

Bob Sapp

He's ridiculously charismatic, has an impressive look and is legitimately tough. I'd book him as one of my top faces, kind of like Hogan/Warrior/Sting were used. Plus, when needed, he can do comedy and it wouldn't hurt his character. He would be my mainstream crossover character and we would make a killing on merchandising.

If I'm going with the Heenan Family, I might as well pick its most successful member.

bock1.jpg

Nick Bockwinkel

I very nearly went with him to use against Luger (who I would have used as a face) but I didn't want to repeat picks from the last draft. Great pick up there, Kahran.

tully_blanchard.jpg

Tully Blanchard

Former NWA TV champ, US champ and Tag Team champ. My next pick and opponent for RVD, The Wild Child himself, Tully Blanchard. I was going to take Styles if he was here, but Tully was my back up plan. I think he'd do well using his ring savvy against RVD's high flying style and counter with his straight forward offense.

This pick pretty much cements Savage as a heel for now. I was looking for a charismatic babyface who could work and who wouldn't be overshadowed by the personalities of either Savage or Superstar, and I found one with the 5-time NWA U.S. champion and 5-time Mid-Atlantic heavyweight champion:

WahooMcDaniel.jpg

Wahoo McDaniel

This guy provides flexibility in terms of being able to get things done in a singles or tag match. He's a bad ass and tough as fuck and had his share of classics back in the day. I wanted another good worker and one that can hang with people like Stan Hansen, and this guy fits the bill:

12.jpg

Terry Gordy.

It's about time I pick up a definitive heel. This guy isn't tremendous in the ring but he's great on the mic and would fit in perfectly as the heel counterpart to HBK. We've seen the two feud recently but in my federation, HBK won't be broke. This man will most likely be the reigning champion heading into my supercard. He is a WRESTLING GOD.

John%20Bradshaw%20Layfield-wwe.jpg

JBL

I needed someone to pair up against 'The Franchise' here and it took me a while to think of someone who could work as a ton of babyfaces fell off of the board since my last pick. But then I remembered there was someone who was a perfect fit since they'd feuded for a while and were pretty much synonymous with ECW. My 4th round pick is another ass kicking babyface, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz.

Taz.jpg