TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

This pick was the hardest one for me to make so far, because there are about 9 guys that I feel I should grab now. But I'm picking the one who I feel isn't replaceable. Without her, I wouldn't even bother having a women's division.

Mickie_James1.jpg

Mickie James

Thanks for posting my pick mellow, but I'm saddened you left out the whole "Master and Ruler of the Squirrels" bit.

To answer my own question from earlier, I'd probably choose Ric Flair in his prime against The Rock in his prime. Anybody you put with Flair doesn't have to be a super worker but Rock's charisma and mic work against Flair would be something special.

I am a little worried that I am reaching with this pick, but after seeing some of the picks before the tag team run, I just cannot take the chance on losing this guy. I got big plans for him and want 100,000 people in Cowboys Stadium who want to see him get bloodied and battered.

With my 5th Round pick I select:

artbarrboxylucha.jpg

"Love Machine" Art Barr

Curses. I was hoping Art Barr would just sit on the board and I'd be able to grab him in a few rounds. No such luck.

evan-bourne.jpg

Evan Bourne

I figured I'd better grab someone to start up my cruiserweight division and seeing there was a run on some of the best, I figured I'd grab one of the young up and comers in the business. He's also shown he can work well with the hosses, so that's a plus, too.

"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson

734151214294132.jpg

Meet AJ Styles' opponent. None of my four guys went and this guy I class as the best of the bunch.

Quite simply, i've drafted the best wrestler in the world.

I was about to say Hawk's going to hate you for that but A- I think he took him last draft, so maybe he wasn't going to this time and B- you're Hawk now and thus it's a confusing statement because you would not hate yourself for drafting him.

I'm looking for someone to fill that underdog face role and with the teams I was looking at off at the board, I'm going to go with a guy I've always been a big fan of. He's had the most success playing a face with multiple tag team championships and a nineteen month reign as World Heavyweight Champion, but he's spent a fair amount of time as a heel as well and I appreciate his versatility.

martel.jpg

Rick Martel

Eaton's gone? Fuck. It was down to him and Awesome. So, it was only fitting that it'd come back around after "stealing" Awesome from 6F9. The good thing about Eaton is that he's had a few different partners, so if someone wanted to be a dick...you got back up options. As for re-drafting, Danielson is probably the only top guy from the previous draft I would've taken back. So it wasn't easy to let him slide but I know 47Chise can do good things with him.

Martle is a good pick. I like him but not this high.

I figure the Morton pick was worth the gamble as you know who is useless without him while Morton has some singles value.

And my #1 dream match would have been Austin vs Savage. Them in a no holds barred match would've been wild.