TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

Yeah, I'll be on the internet most of the weekend, trying to find a distraction while I attempt to write a paper. So I'm good with people PMing me and posting their picks.

I'll be around a bit too so yeah, send them if you're about to come up and are about to leave.

With my next pick, I'm going to go with a guy who will probably be my number two face. He was probably the best worker in his era, had his fair share of classic matches, and is good enough to be considered a top guy.

jack06.jpg

Jack Brisco.

02.jpg

John Kronus

Eh, no big surprise from me here, just wanted to finish getting The Eliminators onto my roster. Now, to find some opponents...

My next pick is one of the most recognizable midcard stars in WWF history. A talented worker for years, he was in the MOTN for many a show in his heyday. He also completes my first tag team.

santana3.jpg

Chico...I mean Tito Santana

Arriba!

King Cucaracha PM'd me a list of picks to be posted in case, he can't be at the computer and being temporary co-drafthead, I'm going to post one of 'em.

This guy is one of the best big men out there today and surely a fine addition to any roster as a savage monster heel. He's a two time former WWE Intercontinental Champion...

With his sixth pick in The All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, King Cucaracha selects....

01.jpg

Umaga

02.jpg

John Kronus

Eh, no big surprise from me here, just wanted to finish getting The Eliminators onto my roster. Now, to find some opponents...

This was the guy I almost wanted to take and split up the team.

What the heck would you do with just John Kronus?

My next pick is one of the greatest draws in wrestling history. A wrestler with first round talent.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers

300_135022.jpg

For my next pick, I choose

sheik9.jpg

The Sheik

I can now have uncle and nephew tag or feud should I wish. Excellent.

02.jpg

John Kronus

This was the guy I almost wanted to take and split up the team.

I never really saw Kronus as much of an asset as a singles competitor. He seemed at his best feeding off Saturn. Then again, I saw super fat Kronus in XPW, and that just destroyed my image of him.

For my next pick, I wanted to go with a local favorite who can be inserted anywhere on my card.

dick_murdock.jpg

Dick Murdoch

First big "OUCH" for me.

Really wanted Murdoch so...*grits teeth* good for you.

I reviewed last year's draft and I have no idea how this person fell as far as they did. Anyway...

My next pick will face Trish Stratus in my Supercard in a women's wrestling dream match.

FabulousMoolah.jpg

The Fabulous Moolah

Alright, my next pick might seem a bit odd to some considering most of my roster is centered around big, powerhouse type wrestlers but I'd like my roster to be a bit diverse. I imagine like the WCW undercard of the late '90s, these guys will serve as a nice contrast to and will help pump up the crowds for the main event. Hopefully, my main events won't suck as much as WCW PPVs but that's another story. This is certainly one of the best tag teams of '00s and they'll be the guys who will hold my tag team titles. With the final pick in the sixth round and the first pick in the seventh round of The All Time Wrestling Roster draft, I'm proud to select...

09.jpg

Paul London & Brian Kendrick

Backlund is a damn fine pick at this stage of the game. If I wasn't so intent on picking a tag team, I probably would have picked him up. Though I'm not sure if I would've used him as a clean-cut, white bread All American babyface or crazy old man heel.

I definitely think I was lucky to land Backlund at this stage of the draft.

I could easily see him working with Angle, Steamboat, or Christian in my main event scene. I don't want to ruin my Angle/Steamboat matchup so I'll probably end up going with the clean-cut version of Backlund against a heel Christian.

I had Backlund as my back up choice when mellow picked Sid for me. I would have taken him two rounds ago if I didn't think it was necessary to get at least one top tag team, so that's a really solid selection at this point in the draft.