TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

Well, once again, King Cucaracha is not around and he gave me carte blanche to draft for him this weekend while Mellow's not around. So I figured I'd do so before I went to bed.

This next guy is a man who has been able to pull off many roles over his career; angry, militant heel, powerhouse baby face, and for the past few years, as a comedy wrestler. I'm assuming King is taking him in the second role. He was the first ever African American WCW World Champion (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but perhaps the first African American to win a World title in any major promotion) as well as a former WCW World Team Champion, a three time former WWF Tag Team Champion, and an NWA Florida Heavyweight Champion as well as a member of The College Football Hall of Fame. Ladies and gentlemen, with the next pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, King Cucaracha selects...

13.jpg

Ron Simmons

Sorry for missing my window guys. I was away for the weekend at the last minute and thought I'd be able to text Franchise with my next pick, but where I was staying had no coverage and no internet.

Anyways, for my next pick, I choose a man who has shown himself to be incredibly versatile. He can play face and heel, he can go technical or brawl and can wrestle great as a singles or tag team guy.

For my next pick, I choose:

Homicide01.jpg

Homicide.

He'll be incredibly useful on my roster as an upper midcard guy. I can plug him into feuds with any of the top guys and he could be the centrepiece of a Junior type division if I decide to go that way.

The pick before stevie was posted at 2:16 AM my time, it is now 11:56. I'd say that either way you should be able to pick now.

Okay.

When I started watching wrestling in 1988, it wasn't long before I became a fan of my next pick. At the time I thought he was one of the most underappreciated wrestlers around, not realizing that in his prime he was quite the performer. He's not flashy, but he's a wrestler's wrestler.

The first man to have won both the NWA United States Championship and the WWF Intercontinental Championship...

Greg_Valentine_US_Title_1982.jpg

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

JumboTsuruta1.JPG

Jumbo Tsuruta

The first AJPW triple crown winner and former AWA champ. One of the most consistent workers I've seen. He was having great matches up until he retired, he also fought some of the best wrestlers in the world during his career, his matches with Flair, Hansen, Funk, Misawa, Tenryu, etc. are classics.

I am going in many different directions in where I want to go since a couple recent picks have thrown me for a loop. So I will go for more versatility:

51Z+nd8dMHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The Big Boss Man

Not sure if I will use as face or heel yet.

I am going in many different directions in where I want to go since a couple recent picks have thrown me for a loop. So I will go for more versatility:

51Z%20nd8dMHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The Big Boss Man

Not sure if I will use as face or heel yet.

Damnit! So close. Bossman was going to be my next pick and even though I didn't think he'd get back to me, there were only 3 picks between us so my hopes were up.

Sorry I'm so late on my pick. I'm taking someone who may suffer from a language barrier, but no promos will be needed to get his character over due to his power/monster style of wrestling. There's more to his work than that; he can brawl with guys like Raven/Piper, a power match with Sapp, and enough submissions to have a decent match with Hero and Punk. He can also work well in tag matches, as evidenced with his feuds with the Steiners. Plus, his theme song is "Hellraiser" by Mötorhead and his blood type is B.

kensuke.jpg

KENSUKE SASAKI

Boss Man was my #3 choice. I really wanted Ron Simmons. And my #2 choice I held off on to see if he was going to be taken soon as a team.

Good pick with Kensuke. He can survive the language barrier!

This guy is versatile in terms of different ways to kick you in the face. He's one of the best workers in the history of life. I think he can match up with pretty much everyone on my roster, but I'm drafting him specifically to face Stan Hansen. Stan Hansen, meet your opponent:

1-2002-kawada.jpg

Toshiaki Kawada.

This guy is versatile in terms of different ways to kick you in the face. He's one of the best workers in the history of life. I think he can match up with pretty much everyone on my roster, but I'm drafting him specifically to face Stan Hansen. Stan Hansen, meet your opponent:

1-2002-kawada.jpg

Toshiaki Kawada.

He was to be my next pick. I was convinced to take KENTA instead and then take Kawada on my next pick.

We were to have Misawa/Kawada 2009 but alas it's not to be.

I think that this guy will be working a match against Sid, with Sid playing the role of the American hero fighting off a foreign invader. He's not a great worker, but would be perfect for a match in Texas as the hated heel even though he's not Japanese. My next selection has the most sculpted physique in the history of the (W)WWF/E, I'm going with Yokozuna.

yokozuna.jpg

BANZAI!

Damn, I was just thinking last night about how surprised I was that Yokozuna was still on the board and hoping that he'd fall all the way back down to me. Ah well. Great pick. Sid-Yokozuna would certainly be an interesting match up.

Ah damn! Another pick stolen from under me! Ultimo Dragon was #1 on my list of potential draft picks. He was going to be the center of my junior heavyweight division, dammit!

Shouldn't have expected him to last back to me but still!

Errr....nice pick.

Backlund and Bossman were both on my prospectives list.

I'd been looking at Backlund ever since my third pick and almost took him instead of Snuka as top babyface versus Edge. After that, I couldn't think of enough guys to pair him with so didn't risk it.

8 hours have passed and it's my turn...

So, enough screwing around. With my next pick, I complete the legendary Road Warriors.

Road Warrior Animal

527128.jpeg

"Ohhh! What a Rush!"

There wasn't enough guys taken off my list this round so this pick is pretty difficult. I was thinking about putting Foley and Bigelow together, but I think I'm going to switch Foley to this guy and his stable. This guy was the ultimate heel during the 80's and 90's and was a great leader. With the 159th pick of the draft I am going to take...

02.jpg

Kevin Sullivan