TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

Looking at his behavior over the course of this thread, it's to see why Twisted Intestine only got like two votes in the Poster Tournament a few months back...

It was 'cause he was against Kinetic. That's a damn tough draw.

Tominator just killed me with the Rougeau pick.

The Road Warriors were definitely on tap to face Rougeau and partner.

Bernard, Monty, Rougeau...damn this round sucks for me.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I had a dream a couple nights ago where ol' Hacksaw died. It wasn't an integral plot point of the dream just something I heard in the background in it. I was glad to wake up and find that he was still alive and doing dopey videos on WWE.com.

Before I make my next pick, I'd just like to apologise to Steviekick in advance.

My next choice is someone who for such a big man can work incrediblely well. There's not many guys out there any more that are heavyweights and can work such a technical style. He is the 'most money making man'

1427386119_l.gif

Claudio Castagnoli

Before I make my next pick, I'd just like to apologise to Steviekick in advance.

My next choice is someone who for such a big man can work incrediblely well. There's not many guys out there any more that are heavyweights and can work such a technical style. He is the 'most money making man'

1427386119_l.gif

Claudio Castagnoli

Apology accepted.

Next up, a very talented Floridian. Probably in the mix for my secondary singles title, should be a good match for plenty of the faces I've got lined up. Or, if need be, he can go face. But his career pretty much peaked as a heel.

06.jpg

"MR WONDERFUL" PAUL ORNDORFF

The guy I'm taking with my next pick just flat out rocks. He can work in brawl matches just as well as he can with cruisers/lucha style. He's so good on the stick that he can change between being a heel and a face during the same promo, so he's the ultimate tweener. He has so much charisma and personality that if he's part of a team/stable, he can do all the talking and either get them heat or get them over depending on what they need. And to top it all off, he was one of the biggest draws in Mexico and he has always been over when working in the US.

konnan.jpg

KONNAN

Time to get a hometown boy. My next pick is one of the most famous wrestlers in the world. A cool heel that would get louder face pops by waiving to the crowd than most of the actual faces on the roster. A wrestler, announcer, actor, mayor and eventually governor of my home territory.

500px-PredatorM134handheld-14.jpg

Jesse "The Body" Ventura

Takeshi Morishima

02.jpg

I really don't want to throw two japanese guys together just for the sake of it.. but there's really nobody better to face Misawa available than this guy. I think they've met before (which is something i've wanted to avoid with my matches) but I just think they'll work perfectly.

Time to get a hometown boy. My next pick is one of the most famous wrestlers in the world. A cool heel that would get louder face pops by waiving to the crowd than most of the actual faces on the roster. A wrestler, announcer, actor, mayor and eventually governor of my home territory.

500px-PredatorM134handheld-14.jpg

Jesse "The Body" Ventura

As far as I'm concerned that's the best name value guy to drop so far.

Aside from Dynamite, that's my first real "DANG" of the draft.

Kahran definitely has the early lead from my perspective.

Jesse Ventura is definitely the steal of the draft. The first guy picked that I thought had just assumed had been picked rounds ago. If I had known, he was still on the board I would have picked him to be the holder of my secondary title instead of Jarrett. Oh well.

Kahran's put together a hell of a roster thus far. IMHO, a Cena-Ventura feud would be gold.

Fake edit: And I forgot that Kahran's territory is located in Minneapolis. God damn, that makes that pick even better.

Yeah, Ventura always seemed to hint that he was going to come out of retirement and go after Hogan during his commentary days but I guess his health never recovered enough (Though he did have a match in '90 teaming with Piper against The Orient Express which was taped for the TV pilot they did that never made it to series). I imagine that Ventura would have been up there with Piper and Andre in terms of big money Hogan feuds. Ventura is essentially the evil version of Hogan.

I would've picked Ventura except for the minor inconvenience that he was something of a shitty wrestler.

That's why I waited so long to take him, and why I assume he had dropped so far. I never dreamed that people forgot about him. He was my backup pick to Valentine a couple of rounds ago. I went with Valentine because Valentine was a much better wrestler, but Ventura just has so much charisma and popularity it makes up for his lack of ability. This was a good point to take him.

My other potential pick is still on the board and I will take him if he falls back to me. There is probably a better chance of that happening than Ventura coming back, so I chose Ventura.

I will probably end up putting Ventura against JYD. The match will be terrible, but it will have heat, that's for sure. We'll see what happens with the rest of my picks.

For Kahran's draft, Ventura was a fantastic pick. I would have taken him as an announcer, but that's all.

Since we're sorta on the topic already, how many people are actually drafting with their territory in mind? I know I've passed up some big names because I felt I had to take certain people in the best interest of my territory.

matt-morgan-1.jpg

"The Blueprint" Matt Morgan

I need some more size, my roster was looking a little on the short side, so why not take an athletic big man, who's also pretty good on the mic. I do think he was misused in the WWE, he seems to be making a better run of it in TNA. I think he'll be a good addition to my upper mid-card.