TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

OK, I've been looking at various Samoan teams for the last couple rounds and pondering which one would be my best fit until a couple minutes ago, I realize suddenly...well why not combine members of two of those teams? Actually these guys teamed for about a half minute in the WWF.

First up is my first repeat pick of the draft. I wanted to try not to do that but I've been looking at this guy for a few rounds and have finally decided to get him before somebody else did. He's a superb tag team wrestler but on his own, he looked to be on the verge of breaking into the main event before a few poorly booked angles relegated him back to the mid-card for good. He's a former WWF Intercontinental Champion, a two time former WWF World Tag Team Champion, and a former WWE Tag Team Champion (stupid confusing brand extension). With my next pick, I select...

10.jpg

Rikishi Fatu

Next is one of wrestling's legit tough guys. I'll be using him and Rikishi as Lex Luger's unfuckwitable security team. Like Rikishi, he works just as well as a singles guy as a tag team guy. He's also got a past history with Andre The Giant so I might do something with that. He's a former WWF Tag Team Champion and a former WCW Hardcore Champion...

10.jpg

The Monster Meng

He'll be wrestling in a dress shirt with the sleeves cut off and a tie like in this picture!

As a huge fan of big man-little man matches, I'd definitely like to see Londrick bumping around like pinballs for these two. I'm also going to use them as singles guys on occasion. Also might start a stable of badass Islanders with these guys at the center. I don't know yet...all I knows is these guys make a hell of an addition to my roster.

Yeah, Rikishi will be wearing the sumo outfit. I'm taking late '00/early '01 era Rikishi. The reason for his heel turn was really really stupid (not as dumb as the reason for why he turned back face) but I actually kind of liked heel Rikishi. Don't think he'll do the Stinkface though.

And I apologize to everybody for taking The Sultan off the board as I imagine he's on the top of the Best Available list.

my next pick is....

tommyga.jpg

tommy rich

a great wrestler, a great draw nd can be a great babyface which i'm dreadfully short of.

For my next pick:

cabana.jpg

Colt Cabana

Someone who can provide some comedy to a card if it's heavy on the serious, and can just put on straight up great matches if the need arises. He slots in perfectly with the rest of my roster and is someone I can see having a good match with more or less anyone on my roster so far.

Sorry guys, I had a feeling that taking Colt would displease you both. Hope I haven't ruined your hopes and dreams too much.

Tommy Rich was high up on my list of guys I was thinking of taking for one of my last two picks. One of the last remaining former World Champions that was left on the board.

This is a really tough pick. I have maybe a dozen wrestlers in mind and no idea which of them might go first. So let me take Danny Hodge and I'll edit in a pic.

photo24.jpg

One of the greatest junior heavys of all time. A legit wrestler AND boxer.

I pretty much skipped on Ventura for the same reason as al did.

To be fair, I'd consider him further down the line. Not this high.

Yeah, if he was still on the board I would have looked at him more seriously at some point, just on reputation. But he didn't fit the rest of my roster so it would have meant using another 'outside' pick just to fit him in.

There's still another guy on the board I've got the same feelings about and maybe I'll take the plunge on him before somebody else, who knows.

Well, I'm officially taking the plunge.

A natural heat magnet. WWE Hall Of Famer. Former WWF World Heavyweight Champion. Former WWF Tag Team Champion. Former Olympic medalist. Current source of much unintentional entertainment from shoot interviews. Master of the Camel Clutch. Breaker of backs. Humbler of faggots.

08.jpg

THE IRON SHEIK

"Colt Cabana? ACHTOOEY!"

My turn. I'm taking someone who does can get over as the undersized face in peril, but is impressive enough to be considered a legit midcard threat. He would work well with smaller guys, has proven he is a tag team wrestler, and will bounce around to make guys like Sapp look like monsters. I'm going to use him as someone who can either chase the undercard titles or be a tag team partner for Chris Sabin

Plus, you can't powerbomb him.

22.jpg

BILLY KIDMAN

Kamala had the same idea that I did, but fortunately he took my backups. Successful tag divisions start with three teams: a pretty boy team (ie. Strike Force), an arrogant cheater team (ie. The Dream Team), and a couple of psychopaths who just beat the piss out of people.

With that said, my next pick...

01.jpg

Afa

Thinking about it, Sheik probably fits my roster better than I thought originally. Still looking very 'legitimate'. And again I predict that it won't last much longer.

Interesting at this point to see how people's rosters are taking shape. I'd say about 50% are beginning to follow some sort of pattern or style by now.

So, is Franchise without internet?

I was thisclose with going with Tommy Rich and Iron Sheik for my two picks. I even did a write up for Sheiky baby. Saying I was humbled to pick him :D . If my picks had came up last night, I very may well have picked those two. All American Good Old Boy Vs Evil Iranian is a can't miss angle but unfortunately, I couldn't resist Rikishi for another round.

Fatu, Meng AND Furnas taken! My top 3 next potential tag teams off the board...

I hate this round even more than the last one.

Get out of my head!