TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

At this point, I doubt I'll have a cruiserweight division. I'll probably try to build a solid tag team and women's division instead.

A cruiserweight or a women's division were never in my plans. It doesn't mean I won't draft a good cruiser or two, but they can fight the heavies.

OK, looks like things are a whole lot better. I could be back in this tomorrow. Thanks for all the good wishes.

In case I do come back, I'm taking Charlie Haas to complete The World's Greatest Tag Team.

Rather than waste any time, I'll complete The Minnesota Wrecking Crew. I'm selecting Gene Anderson.

15.jpg

I want a good brawler and that’s to match with Mike Awesome. Most of the absolute best in the industry have long gone but there are a couple pretty good ones hanging around and I’m going to take one here. Yes, I’ll be going against my intentions of not re-using anyone from the previous draft but I’ll have to abandon that. The other holes/spots in the roster can still be plugged in later, I’m not sure this one can.

018st.jpg

"The Innovator of Violence" Tommy Dreamer

I will track you down and stab you repeatedly in your sleep.

This guy is one of the better heels left and he did it through intimidation and wild antics. I think he can match up with pretty much everyone on my roster.

buzzsawyer.jpg

Buzz Sawyer.

I just wanted to say that Furnas and Rogers hurt me for tag teams, and dickhead, abusive to women Test was going to have a big spot in a heel faction in my promotion. Good picks.

With my 12th pick, I wanted to get a strong heel who could get the state of Texas's blood to boil and pray that a face would beat him up.

gorgeousgeorge-water.jpg

Gorgeous George (Jeffries not included)

I want a good brawler and that’s to match with Mike Awesome. Most of the absolute best in the industry have long gone but there are a couple pretty good ones hanging around and I’m going to take one here. Yes, I’ll be going against my intentions of not re-using anyone from the previous draft but I’ll have to abandon that. The other holes/spots in the roster can still be plugged in later, I’m not sure this one can.

018st.jpg

I'll admit that I was pretty confident you were looking to take him which is why I had to take him there because the options get really limited after Dreamer. Also, you claimed in the last draft you would've taken Dreamer in the first round, yet you were waiting until this round to do it when you've had many chances. I've lost count how many times we've had our hopes dashed by one another.

018st.jpg

I'll admit that I was pretty confident you were looking to take him which is why I had to take him there because the options get really limited after Dreamer. Also, you claimed in the last draft you would've taken Dreamer in the first round, yet you were waiting until this round to do it when you've had many chances. I've lost count how many times we've had our hopes dashed by one another.

you are up to 5 guys on your roster that I would have happily had on mine.

also, I said I'd take dreamer 1st round? Man I don't remember that at all. I do love me some Dreamer though.

Posted on: Jun 19 2008, 02:08 AM

QUOTE (Hawk 34 @ Jun 19 2008, 12:37 AM)

This roster is loaded with great heel performers and in all honestly, outside of Taz, I lack a total baby face. That will change here as I’m taking a guy that is a quintessential baby face. A great majority of my reasoning for taking this selection is predicated on my third overall selection but that doesn’t automatically guarantee that those two will collide once again. This performer can be used for his brawls in addition to his everyman charm, which will lend well to a great number of potential dance partners that I will obtain in the future selections. I’m greatly aware that this guy probably isn’t valued this high but he certainly isn’t a reach by any means.

With the next selection, I have chosen

"The Innovator of Violence", Tommy Dreamer

He would have been my first pick. I have been watching and waiting to see where he would go. I am really looking forward to the next one of these so that I can participate.

BobbyFulton.jpg

Bobby Fulton

Just wanted to finish pairing up The Fantastics. They are both good additions to my cruiser division as well.

With my next pick, I'm taking one of my favorite American cruisers, someone who gets over with some sick moves but when he gets on the microphone, he comes across as a total tool and can get heat. He can work in the midcard and in tag teams. He's held belts in ECW, TNA and WWE.

This cat is Mr. TNA ... Mr. Total Non-stop Attitude!

KID KASH

13.jpg

Next pick is a pretty valuable part of my set-up and I'm glad she's made it this far since I kinda got distracted the last couple of picks with trivial things like former World Champions and great cruiserweights. As good of a character as Edge is and has become, to really work best he needs a woman by his side. You could argue how much his career skyrocketed when paired with this person and how much she contributed, but I'd say quite a bit. It helps that she's a capable wrestler too, 4 times WWE Women's Champion. For a while she was THE top woman in the company. She'll be heading up my women's division anyway, as well as aiding and abetting my top heel.

edgelita5.jpg

LITA

For my next pick:

snow_al_2000handout.jpg

Al Snow

Another guy who I can see fitting in great with my midcard scene. He can have great straight wrestling match, is charismatic and can bring the comedy if need be.

I can see Al vs Colt, vs Claudio, or vs. Lynn all being great matches for the middle of card.

Actually on that last turn I thought about Al and another guy as a make-shift tag team that I think would have been damn entertaining on alot of levels, but I got antsy about Sherri making it back to me, as well as HurriShane.