TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

Well, it's been 8 hours so I'm gonna make my next pick. I'll be around for a little while longer tonight, but I'll also PM my next pick so we can keep this thing rolling.

Anyway, for my next selection I'm going with someone who I have big plans for.

teddy5.jpg

Teddy Hart

Up until very recently I wasn't sure about starting a cruiserweight/junior heavyweight division but when I realized that my next two picks were still on the board and were great building blocks for a solid division, I just had to jump on them.

My first pick is an absolute legend and was years if not decades ahead of his time. His influence resonates to this day while I don't think he wrestled much in North America outside of a couple matches, I think his gimmick will get him over big with the kids and his impeccable wrestling skills will get him over with everybody else. He's a two time NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion and a three time WWF Junior Heavyweight Champion as a well as a member of The Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame. With my 13th pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I'm delighted to select...

01c.jpg

Tiger Mask

This next guy is another huge steal IMHO. He's the somewhat unheralded star of the WCW Cruiserweight division. A member of Mexican wrestling's most famous family, he certainly lived up to the lofty expectations of his family name and emerged from his celebrated uncles' shadows. His second WCW Cruiserweight title run was a bright spot in the dying days of the promotion. And while his WWF/E run has been kind of lackluster (especially in the past four years or so), he could do virtually* no wrong in Turner-land. He's a two time WWE Tag Team Champion, a former ECW Champion, a four time WWE Cruiserweight Champion, a two time former WCW Cruiserweight Champion, and a former WCW Tag Team Champion, he is...

10.jpg

Chavo Guerrero Jr

*I say virtually because he was part of one of the worst stables in pro wrestling history, MIA but I blame that stable's shittiness on Russo more than any of its members

No one has done more damage to my plans than Tominator (a.k.a. my Western Canadian rival territory).

Between Rougeau, Furnas, and now Smith, he has the exact tag team division I wanted. And Trish... :angry:

Man, two Canadian territories will screw ya!

Anyway, in all seriousness, looking forward to your final card the most, Tominator...it better be good!

My first pick is an absolute legend and was years if not decades ahead of his time. His influence resonates to this day while I don't think he wrestled much in North America outside of a couple matches, I think his gimmick will get him over big with the kids and his impeccable wrestling skills will get him over with everybody else. He's a two time NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion and a three time WWF Junior Heavyweight Champion as a well as a member of The Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame. With my 13th pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I'm delighted to select...

Tiger Mask

Awwwwwww....I was praying he would slip back to me, but I should have known he was gonna be snatched up soon. Fantastic pick, one of the quickest wrestlers I've ever seen, a definite legend.

My next pick is going to slot into my tag team scene, freeing up Windham to... well, do something else. Another of the former World Champions left on the board, he'll be paired up with Arn Anderson opposite Demolition to comprise The Enforcers. I just hope I can spell his name right more than I do wrong as this thing rolls along. The Cruncher.

02.jpg

LARRY ZBYSZKO

my 2 make-up picks are:

RoderickStrong.jpg

Roderick Strong

and

281x211.jpg

Jack Evans

i've picked these to complete Generation Next.

sorry for being late with my picks won't happen again.

With my next pick, I'm picking someone who is a great midcard brawler/power wrestler. He is a legitimate tough guy. The way he murders peoples makes him a great heel and one of Japan's favorite gaijins. I'm going to use him in a body guard role, serving as Kid Kash's enforcer and tag team partner. Kash will get super heat, saying whatever he wants with this man watching his back.

06.jpg

SCOTT NORTON

A popular star of the 70s and 80s, he is most famous these days as being the father of The Rock. He's had success both in singles and tags, which I've mentioned before is the type of guy that I like to have around.

Img64.png

Rocky Johnson

A popular star of the 70s and 80s, he is most famous these days as being the father of The Rock. He's had success both in singles and tags, which I've mentioned before is the type of guy that I like to have around.

Img64.png

Rocky Johnson

If I couldn't get Butch, I was going to grab Rocky Johnson as my face tag partner for Ahmed.

I'm up already?? I only picked yesterday!

Giant Baba

Not a huge writeup as I wasn't prepared to pick! But he's a former NWA Champion (three times over)

He's the Giant of the East and he's coming for the Ultimate Warrior..

baba.gif

Yeah these drafts tend to be way busier on the weekdays. It's just whipping by whereas this weekend, it was moving like molasses. Ah well.

Giant Baba is a heck of a pick at this stage, IMHO. I was thinking about grabbing him one of these last few rounds to combat Andre. Oh well, hopefully there'll be some good big men that will fall down to me next round*

I hope this isn't the cue for everybody to start picking big men and leaving me with El Gigante.

03.jpg

Billy Robinson

One of those guys that was truly ahead of his time. Great mat skills, innovative counters and moved at a quicker pace compared to others of his generation. I'm glad I could add him to my roster.