TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Faith No More Are Back!

From NME:

Faith No More are set to reform and play a European tour this year.

The reformation of the band, led by Mike Patton, was confirmed by their publicist, reports Idolator.com.

It is reported that the band, who initially split in 1998 with the band members pursuing other musical outlets, will play a European tour this year - with summer festival dates likely.

It is thought that guitarist Jim Martin, who left the band in 1993, will not be part of the reunion.

No Jim Martin is bad, but I'm well happy they're doing a tour. Although I read on another website that there are no plans for a US tour.

Well I know there was a report that Billy disputed, but apperantly this is from Mike Patton's spokesperson.

Mr. Bungle and Lovage are the only two Mike Patton projects that are listenable.

I agree with this statement, except adding Faith No More, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom, Mondo Cane, his solo work including film scores, General Patton vs the X-Ecutioners, Fantomas, and his maddening array of collaberations. Plus the stuff I'm probably forgetting.

If you dont get it now, you never will. Even though they had been around for years before their major success with The Real Thing (We Care A Lot was a good album), everything came together for them with The Real Thing. Jim Martin's ultra-loud, ultra-heavy guitar work was the one thing that was needed to tie Roddy's keys, Billy's bass and Mike's drums together. I loved that album when it came out, and I still love it to this day. Its their masterpiece. Angel Dust was a good followup, but I don;t think anything they could have put out would have equaled TRT, it was too big, too bombastic.

I started losing interest when Mike Patton decided he was going to be the poster child for ADD/ADHD and go into 5,000 side projects.

I have to agree somewhat with The Mercenary; without Jim Martin, its not quite there. Almost, but not quite.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

CAPITAL! If they tour the US I'm extremely there.

agree with this statement, except adding Faith No More, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom, Mondo Cane, his solo work including film scores, General Patton vs the X-Ecutioners, Fantomas, and his maddening array of collaberations. Plus the stuff I'm probably forgetting.

I don't like the new Tomahawk that much.

I don't quite agree with Rendclaw...Angel Dust was their pinnacle, to me. Easily a 5 star album in my eyes. Patton was a little too rappy in The Real Thing for my liking.

no Jim Martin = no Faith No More

Except King For a Day was their 2nd best album and had no Jim Martin.

This. Very underrated. I consider it the epitome of underrated albums.

But I might differ with you if "Angel Dust" isn't 1st in line.

Mr. Bungle and Lovage are the only two Mike Patton projects that are listenable.

Couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

RE: Angel Dust. It might just be me, but I'm not the biggest lover of that album. Real Thing and King For A Day are better albums IMO. Album of the Year is not their best effort though. Having said that, Last Cup of Sorrow is fucking incredible.

no Jim Martin = no Faith No More

Except King For a Day was their 2nd best album and had no Jim Martin.

This. Very underrated. I consider it the epitome of underrated albums.

But I might differ with you if "Angel Dust" isn't 1st in line.

"Angel Dust" is first in line, if for no other reason than because "Everything's Ruined" is their best song.

One of my favourite bands ever, and probably the only one of my favourite bands that I've never had the chance to see live. totally unexpected (until the recent rumours) because they'd said so many times that it would never happen, and because Patton's always kept himself so busy.. Great News

Not my bag these days, but Faith No More were one of my favorite bands when I was in high school. In fact, I came this close to seeing them in 1995, but they canceled due to low ticket sales. At least I got to see Mr. Bungle a couple years later.

Hasn't the delay of a reuion and the spilt in the first place been because of Mike's constant mocking of Roddy for being gay?

I care A LOT!

But seriously, this is cool. I'm hoping to catch them if they do tour around here.

Hasn't the delay of a reuion and the spilt in the first place been because of Mike's constant mocking of Roddy for being gay?

I haven't heard of any instances of this happening, I was under the impression that it was just because they were all working on their own things.

As far as I know, the only bandmate Patton didn't get along with was Jim Martin.

I'm just glad at least one re-uniting band has their old vocalist. Or in this case, their most notable vocalist.

They've just been confirmed as the headline act for Friday at Download Festival.

Think I may have to get myself a ticket.