TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 96: Jackson vs. Jardine

Seriously, no one else is going to agree that allowing refs to second guess themselves, endangering and/or screwing fighters in the process, is a horrible idea that now has precedent?

Seriously, no one else is going to agree that allowing refs to second guess themselves, endangering and/or screwing fighters in the process, is a horrible idea that now has precedent?

It does suck, I heartily agree. It seems that they have gotten pussier with the stoppages lately, though, but this is not the way to go about rectifying that situation.

My question about Hamill is did he even know that dude was knocked out? They had a shit ton of people around him immediately and it's not like somebody can tell him. He might not have even known that shit was serious.

Matt Hamil had 'tremendous heat from the fighters, some with management and some with the fans' over his promo jumping and down because Munoz was still out cold.

Screw that, dude won a big fight with a great finish. It's not like he went and danced over his body or anything. I'm sure he didn't know how bad Munoz was hurt.

There's no reason to get on Hamill when Kendall fucking Grove killed Day and then proceeded to do the Tito Ortiz taunt of burying him. While he was still unconscious.

Hamill just...jumped alot.

That type of thing has been around a long time. Hamill didn't do a contrived "taunt" to the dead man, so that makes it worse?

I just thought it was funny that Hamill killed Munoz, so they tried to cover that up as much as possible. However, when Grove murders Day, they pan out so you can watch the gravedigger dance as the rigamortis sets in.

Its funny, the site I watched Munoz-Hamill cut off about 5 seconds after the ref called it, so until now I didn't realize what happened until now.

As far as Rampage-Jardine, it was fun. I wish Rampage would get more time before the fight with Rashad, but I guess if you are UFC you get a shit ton of buys anyway, no matter what the quality of the fight is.

Hamill sounds like a retard. He acts like one too. I also don't care his takedown defense that impressive, because even if he's a former national champion, he set those shots up horribly. If you didn't tell me he was a national champion I never would have guessed it based on that, and that has nothing to do with how Hamill defended the shot. This overhand right to double leg combo is sooooo 2002.

Matt Brown is a fucking man's man.

dana's video blog on the event, the last few minutes you can see Rampage's reaction to the news that he'd fight in May instead... then you can see him and his team's "oh shit... fuck" reaction when Dana says he'll give Machida the title fight if Rampage needs time off.

good stuff.

Yeah that blog had more behind the scenes drama then most of them which just involve Dana eating things and hitting people in the balls or shocking them with electric pens. It was a really good one.

“I just got a little excited, emotional,” Hamill said. “You have to understand. It’s like when you go under the water. You feel like a bubble. Can you imagine over 10,000 people that are making all of the bubbles? That just got into my body. It just got me really electrified, really excited.” - The Hammer on his victory celebration.

I can imagine 10,000 people making bubbles but I still do not have a fucking clue what he's talking about here.

“I just got a little excited, emotional,” Hamill said. “You have to understand. It’s like when you go under the water. You feel like a bubble. Can you imagine over 10,000 people that are making all of the bubbles? That just got into my body. It just got me really electrified, really excited.” - The Hammer on his victory celebration.

I can imagine 10,000 people making bubbles but I still do not have a fucking clue what he's talking about here.

"I JUT WHANT AH HAM SANTWITCH"

Paydays are in, not listed are the $60 bonuses that Jardine, Rampage, and Hamill got

Quinton Jackson: $325,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)

def. Keith Jardine: $55,000

Shane Carwin: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus)

def. Gabriel Gonzaga: $60,000

Matt Brown: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)

def. Pete Sell: $12,000

Matt Hamill: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)

def. Mark Munoz: $12,000

Gray Maynard: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)

def. Jim Miller: $9,000

Tamdan McCrory: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)

def. Ryan Madigan: $3,000

Kendall Grove: $44,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus)

def. Jason Day: $5,000

Jason Brilz: $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus)

def. Tim Boetsch: $12,000

Brandon Vera: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)

def. Michael Patt: $5,000

Shane Nelson: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)

def. Aaron Riley: $6,000

---

I remember how pissed people were about Jardine only getting $10k in his loss against Wandy. Nice to see that he's got a pay bump since

Hamill acted like a deaf woman who gave me an atrocious bad beat in poker. Munoz would have been as annoyed as I was if he weren't almost dead.

Do you guys really think Jardine lost the fight in the last 10 seconds?

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. I still think Quentin took rounds 2 and 3 if there was no knockdown at the end.

I had Jackson winning the second and third, the knockdown just cemented it. Maybe Greg Jackson paid the judge off to say that and make Jardine think he was winning when he wasn't? Greg's a sweet guy, sounds like something he'd do.

best thing about the ufc 96 post conference is dana talking about the Brown/Sell fight and then he lists his opinion on the best refs. He mentions Maz, gives a slight pause and is all like "Oops, I didn't mean to say him."

Do you guys really think Jardine lost the fight in the last 10 seconds?

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. I still think Quentin took rounds 2 and 3 if there was no knockdown at the end.

I thought Rampage took all 3 rounds, but the 1st round was very close.