Tamdan McCrory vs TBA (Goulet out)

Krystof Sozysnki vs Brian Stann

Luiz Cane vs Steve Cantwell

TJ GRANT vs Ryo Chonan

Jason MacDonald vs Nate Quarry

Sam Stout vs Matt Wiman

Chieck Kongo vs Antoni Hardonk

Awesome.

Hopefully they fight over Sable. Kongo steals her, picks her up and places her high in the rafters of the MGM Grand and Brock gets really agitated and starts crab-walking everywhere.

Question regarding this whole Montreal UFC thing:

What the fuck has the Quebec commission been doing this entire time when Patry's been running TKO and Loiseau has that other promotion going on?

XMMA is the new TKO, except it's more legitimate and not as dickish in its treatment of fighters. I'm glad Patry has been removed from the top spot and someone else with some decency has come in and taken over as the premium option for Canadian fighters.

The finalized card for UFC 97 in Montreal is pretty terrible. Brian Stann vs. Krzytoff (sp) 3rd from the top? Kongo/Hardonk, and Cane probably murdering Cantwell?

Throw in the epic suck potential of Chuck/Shogun and the murder potential of the main event and this is easily the worst UFC ppv in years, in my eyes. Sorry to those going.

If I wasn't broke I likely would've bought tickets due to being able to see Anderson live but nowhere near the amount of coin I dropped on GSP/Serra. The undercard is pretty nice, though. Loiseau/Herman, Stout/Wiman and TJ Motherfucking Grant/Chonan should all be good fights.

But yeah, horrible main card. I'm kinda happy, though as the next few months are going to save me some money on my cable bill as 96 and 97 are both going to be bar events for me.

The finalized card for UFC 97 in Montreal is pretty terrible. Brian Stann vs. Krzytoff (sp) 3rd from the top? Kongo/Hardonk, and Cane probably murdering Cantwell?

Throw in the epic suck potential of Chuck/Shogun and the murder potential of the main event and this is easily the worst UFC ppv in years, in my eyes. Sorry to those going.

For me it's mostly about going back to Montreal and seeing Silva live, probable murder aside. There are some decent fights as well, but yeah the PPV portion isn't the greatest but the crowd/atmosphere will make up for that. The Fight Club festivities should also be a lot of fun.

That's actually an interesting question. Silva is a very popular fighter overall but he's probably one of their least popular champions (alongside Rashad) and he's the least drawing champion. I'm not sure if that's ever going to change simply because Silva has this murderous aura built up around him to the point where it's almost a foregone conclusion that he wins by destruction. A lot of people don't care as much about him as others because they feel they already know the outcome.

Obviously it would be a huge win for Leites and would give create some interesting match-ups but UFC always tries to market Anderson as the best fighter alive and I think they'd prefer to keep it that way.

Would the UFC be fucked over if Leites is able to pull off a quick upset... like in a Chonan sense?

How could they fuck him over if he is the champion? Give him a match against someone who's deserving of a title shot?

Either way should he lose the belt, I don't they would fuck him over. Did they fuck over Matt Serra when he KO'd their golden boy GSP? Nope, they gave him massive amount of exposure.

I get your question, I do not think it would hurt UFC. They would probably just schedule a rematch for Silva, hope he wins and set up the possible Silva-GSP bout.

Silva will have to go through at least one more fight before GSP due to scheduling anyway. I am sure if Silva lost it would lose some luster to the potential GSP bout, but he would get the first chance to win the MW Title back.

I think I'll be at the bar for this one, the main event doesn't do it for me, and both Chuck & Shogun are in the "show me" state of their career where as of yet I am not convinced either guy will be elite again.