TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

UFC 97: Redemption

This fight depends on if Silvia wants to go to the ground and test Leites' ground skills but if he does a lil sprawl and brawl it should be a quick fight

I'm getting this odd feeling that Anderson may lose tonight. I'm not too sure how seriously he's taken this fight and was pretty disappointed that he let the Cote fight go to the 3rd round.

This is what will happen.

Anderson Silva vs Thales Leites- Anderson dominates in qucik fashion.

Winner- Silva RD 1 1:27

Shogun Rua vs Chuck Liddell- This is tough. Both have been underwhelming but in the case of Liddell it has been against the best his division has to offer. I am a Shogun fan but the Vitamin S theorists are looking more and more correct.

Winner- Shogun split decision- I think Rua has just enough to get by in this one.

So that was a pretty underwhelming main event. Dana White even said he had never been embarassed to put on an event until last night.

Overall it wasn't a bad show, the undercard was pretty strong, but when people boo 1 minute into the first round, and then start a strong GSP chant, you know you have a problem.

I honestly think Silva just played it safe to get the record and the victory. Whoever he faces next he will absolutely destroy.