TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFN 18 - Condit vs. Kampmann

Kampmann has defensive issues standing, but I definitely give him the edge on the mat. His top game is very underrated, as he mixes strikes and submissions very well, and his positioning is solid as well. Meanwhile, Condit's takedown defense has never been particularly good, as he suffers from the well rounded fighter's bane of not giving a fuck where the fight is happening. Assuming Kampmann can overcome his slow start (people forget that, aside from Marquardt enzuigiri'ing him, Kampmann does have a decent chin, tested against MW's), and engage Condit in a trench war in the clinch or on the ground, I see Condit fading just as he did against Healy and Miura, where he'll be worn down enough for Kampmann to stop him.

His cardio has failed him the last two time he's been pushed to a third round.

EDIT- 2 of three. Forgot about the 3 rounding fucking of Wada. Fucking Wada.

That's pretty much what I'm worried about, and Kampmann's strategy of wearing him out with steady GnP would be wise to fuck him up later in the fight when he's too gassed to defend himself.

Needless to say, this fight could go a lot of different ways, so I'm really excited for it, and you should be too!

As the UFC prepares to make its first trip to Tennessee, the organization has great news for those considering attending "UFC Fight Night 18: Condit vs. Kampmann" at the Sommet Center in Nashville, Tenn.

Tickets for the event start at just $20, and they top out at just $200 for floor seats.

Featuring a main-event between former WEC welterweight champ Carlos Condit and former middleweight Martin Kampmann, UFC Fight Night 18 takes place April 1.

Shit... wish I lived anywhere near Tennessee. Great prices for what looks like a pretty darn good show.

So this is how the Miller v. Browning fight went....

Rogan: "Browning has really improved since the show, just look at his striking compared to before"

Goldberg: "He's working out with Extreme Couture, you can just tell in his footwork how better he is now"

Rogan: "Browning, basically called out Miller as being overrated before the fight"

*30 seconds later* Miller def Browning via choke

Rogan: "Browning has all the upside in the world, he really has a bright future in this sport"

Condit/Kamp was a great fight. Perfectly matched. Back and forth exchanges everywhere. Each guy got takedowns, submission attempts, strikes in. Sucks that Condit lost, IMO he won the first two rounds. Would have been a great WEC title fight.

Tyson Griffin: Kickboxer, sucks. More to watch than anything.