TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2009 World Baseball Classic

Is that the "Krusty Krab Theme" they're playing over the Netherlands roster?

Wow, 3-0 Dutch in the top of the 1st. Ball hasn't even made it out of the infield.

I'm watching it live and following it on the 3D Gameday at MLB.com (really smooth, mainly using it for the pitch count).

Surprise at how quickly Volquez got up to 29 pitches and he has a 60 pitch count!

Through 2.2 IP he's up to 42 now.

Guest Smues

Color me disappointed with the Japan/Korea game. I was expecting it to be really competitive and one of the better games we'd see in the whole Classic. Odd Japan could only hang 4 on China then go out and stomp Korea.

Yeah, but on the other hand, this Netherlands/Dominican game has been surprisingly good. The Dutch are five outs away from winning, for God's sake.

Hot damn what an amazing play that was. Got a little too aggressive with the baserunning, there.

They actually did it. Up until the last second I was expecting a walk-off home run from, hell, anyone on the roster. Unbelievable.

Guest Smues

Peavy not looking so hot to start. After only having seen games in the Tokyo dome so far before this game, I'd say I prefer the 'SUPER DRY' ad to the GOTOPUERTORICO.COM ad they have here.

Did Rick Sutcliffe really just say that watching Derek Jeter in batting practice helped McCann hit a sacrifice fly to center?

Yeah, that's about all of this I can take.

Team USA's in a battle today, no doubt.

I think USA should just stop using starting pitchers. One comes in and doesn't have his best stuff, and they get embarrassed. Just get nine pitchers and use one an inning. One flops, no biggie.

Guest Smues

And somewhere Dusty Baker is crying as Adam Dunn keeps clogging up the bases.

Edit: McCann hits a two run homer, and a guy in a Mets jersey throws it back. Awesome.

Morneau must have said something insulting because Jeter immediately left the game...

I love the announcers talking about how their were too many superstars on the '06 team. Right because this year's team is just full of only scrappers and grinders that no one has heard of.

Yes, DR loses. Come on Cueto, suck tomorrow so you and Volquez can go back to where you belong. See, I'm getting into the spirit of this, I just want the DR to lose so all those Reds can go back to camp.

Guest Smues

Damn that Dunn, clogging up the bases twice, and then killing a rally. What an awful player.

Guest Czech please!
Yes, DR loses. Come on Cueto, suck tomorrow so you and Volquez can go back to where you belong. See, I'm getting into the spirit of this, I just want the DR to lose so all those Reds can go back to camp.

How dare you root for "my team's players not getting hurt" in the World Baseball Classic? Where's your international flavor?

As an aside, Volquez did not suck at all. All three of the Dutch hits didn't even leave the infield.

And GeniusMoment, the manager of your team is Dusty Baker. And you're worried that they'll get hurt if they don't get BACK into his safe embrace?

And somewhere Dusty Baker is crying as Adam Dunn keeps clogging up the bases.

Edit: McCann hits a two run homer, and a guy in a Mets jersey throws it back. Awesome.

And Derek Jeter says, "If you didn't watch me hit in batting practice, it would have never happened. So, you're welcome"

Dusty Baker isn't a good manager, his thoughts on OBP and clogging up the bases are horrible. But, I really don't blame him for Wood and Prior. I believe that Wood was destined to continually have some injury troubles due to his motion, and Prior had some freak injuries that seemed to screw up his motion.

Guest Czech please!

He absolutely did mismanage Wood and Prior, but Wood was already fragile to begin with, and I think we're going to find some things out about old Mark before it's all said and done.

Have steroids made anyone else's arm implode?

Steroids are the witchcraft of the 21st century. Guy is injury prone? Steroids. Guy stays healthy unusually long? Steroids. Guy has a great season? Steroids. Guy has a disappointing season? Must've stopped taking steroids. Kills his wife and son? Steroids.

Guest Smues

You've been posting rather quickly today Al. Get an injection this morning? I think I need to investigate this. I think you're on some kind of PED. Post enhancing drug. You're going down Philly Boy!

Guest Czech please!
Has Prior been linked to steriods?

There's been some talk about it, yes. There's also the "genetic looseness" in his shoulder, but the whole Mark Prior story arc is just too weird. Everything was so covert and unclear and just plain odd. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out he was an abuser. But really, every fan has the right to suspect every player.