TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boner Kawanger

Arrested Development: The Movie

arrested_development_cast_01.jpg

Alternate Description: It's not a TV show, Michael...it's a

MOVIE!

http://www.avclub.com/articles/holy-shit-m...r-arrest,24313/

I'd say, with unbridled enthusiasm, that the long awaited project is finally a go. If Ron Howard is optimistic, then I'm optimistic. Given the anticipation and therefore undeniable quality of the forthcoming project, I felt that this did warrant a thread that will probably be dormant after around fifteen posts from die hard fans but be bumped upon release. Hopefully, they'll be able to keep things under wraps. This is one movie I'd love to go into without any knowledge whatsoever. Hell, all I need to know is "Arrested Development Movie". So if anyone here has been putting off getting into the series, you don't have an excuse anymore. It's time. Especially since you can watch the entire series right here right now.

http://www.hulu.com/videos/search?query=Arrested+Development

Yes, I know I made a Seinfeld reference. If this thread had a narrator, he would have pointed it out.

Trailer #1

sheep.gif

He's writing it. And producing it at some level, I suppose. I figured he would direct it, too, but the obvious rumor that Ron Howard would direct is pretty tempting. It wouldn't matter in the long run but could you imagine if Arrested Development swept the Oscars? It would be bigger than ten Heath Ledgers dying on film at once.

EDIT-According to the always reliable IMDB, Lary Crews is rumored to be playing Ethan Destiny. Let's discuss what this means for the plot, such as who the fuck are either of those people?

Both of those movies were very bad.

Anyway, can't wait to see it. I can't wait. Wonder how much further they'll take language and whatnot, they got away with a lot for network tv

Language wise, I hope they don't take it too far past what they did on the show. I hope they treat it the way it was with the Simpsons Movie was; a little more than the regular series, but not that much that it would be a departure from the series.

On one hand, I'm really looking forward to it. On the other hand, I have a bad feeling it'll just be celebrity cameo after celebrity cameo.

They have to have John Laroquette stealing something.

I was hoping they'd do it without Cera and like some website I read suggested, have to come up with excuses as to why he wasnt there or have a double always standing away from the camera and get really bad reactions like "what happened to your face?" and stuff like that.

Both of those movies were very bad.

You can't be serious.

PS. Will Arnett was in Wristcutters: A Love Story, and Semi-Pro...both were alright

....You can't be serious.

Yes and yes. Blades of Glory had maybe a laugh in it, and Let's Go to Prison had less than that

I enjoyed both Hot Rod and Semi-Pro, thanks largely to Will. But I have what the mainstream would call "poor taste" in films.

It will also be socially acceptable to consider Alia Shawkat attractive now, so that's a plus for the movie.

I'll admit that the only Arnett movies I've seen are Let's Go To Prison and Blades of Glory.

I thought that was enough to base an opinion.

PS. Will Arnett was in Wristcutters: A Love Story, and Semi-Pro...both were alright

Wristcutters fucking ruled. So did Hot Rod. Everything else, whatever.

Awesome. I've only recently got into this series, and loved it almost immediately. I'm hoping An Yeung makes one (but only one) appearance.

What was the Seinfeld reference in the first post?

What was the Seinfeld reference in the first post?

"movie I'd love to go into without any knowledge whatsoever."

If I'm not mistaken, it's from George's dad, in The Rye.