TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

What was the dumbest head coach/manager decision in a game?

Viktor Tikhonov pulling Vladislav Tretiak.

What's this?

Miracle on Ice. Tikhonov (the Russian head coach) pulled Tretiak (arguably the greatest goalie of all the times) after the Americans scored a bit of a soft goal near the end of the first period. Totally boneheaded move.

Holmgren's "let them score so we can hurry up and score" didn't pan out too well.

Same game: They let Don Bebee on the inactive list to play WR Donnie Anderson or somesuch.

Plus they had Don Davey or Paul Frase (Some one like that) on inactive as a real DE, so when DE Gabe Wilkins went down in the game, Fat fuck DT Darius Holland (who sucked at DT too) had to play DE and Terrell Davis went to town on our defense from there on

What's this?

Miracle on Ice. Tikhonov (the Russian head coach) pulled Tretiak (arguably the greatest goalie of all the times) after the Americans scored a bit of a soft goal near the end of the first period. Totally boneheaded move.

The saddest part is that goal was only half his fault. The defense had completely given up on the play, and he should have never eve had to face that shot.

What's this?

The saddest part is that goal was only half his fault. The defense had completely given up on the play, and he should have never eve had to face that shot.

I'd say it was 3/4 his fault. The defense quit on him but he all but passed Johnson the puck back and let him score on the rebound. Probably the worst rebound he ever gave up.

Wade Phillips starting Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie.

Edit: This is more Ralph Wilson decision over Phillips, but whatever.

Ahh....you beat me to it. Rob Johnson, just another reason why you don't put all your stock into a QB who hasn't proven to be consistent. I mean, he played TWO good games in Jacksonville. I don't think that warrants giving up what the Bills gave for him (a first and fourth round pick, the first pick was used to get Fred Taylor). Even if Matt Cassel gets traded and gets a big pay day, at least he played a full season well (Which I still don't think warrants a huge contact, see my rant about Albert Haynesworth)

Pete Carroll in the 2006 Rose Bowl. On the 4th-and-2 that Texas stopped LenDale White on to eventually get the winning TD and the national championship, your Heisman winner for that year Reggie Bush is on the sidelines and not in the game. On what would be the biggest play of your season, how the hell do you not have him in the game. Either in the backfield or as a slotback/receiver, his presence would have changed things dramatically.